PDA

View Full Version : Ok...

cheezyq
8/16/2010, 12:24 AM
...I'm officially disgusted. I never could stand the ****er in college, and was annoyed by the media's obsession of him...but I endured. I had hoped and assumed that barely being a first rounder would at least calm down all the BS...but I was wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/

I wasn't waiting for his debut. Were you? Was ANY NFL fan? More so than the #1 overall pick and highest paid rookie in history? F*** you, NFL. You've lost all credibility and are no better than the ESPN SEC whores now.

BoulderSooner79
8/16/2010, 12:30 AM
If the news of Tebow's Bronco jersey sales are accurate, there are many fans interested - interested enough to plunk down real money. So yes, the nfl network will follow the money (or where they think there is money). What else would you expect?

olevetonahill
8/16/2010, 12:31 AM
The News folks are gonna slobber his knob no matter what :pop:

goingoneight
8/16/2010, 12:43 AM
The sad news is St. Timmah's OL is better than Sam's. :(

PDXsooner
8/16/2010, 12:58 AM
In actuality, the more you talk about him, albeit negative, the more attention you're giving him. If you truly didn't care about him, would your opinion really be so strong?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/16/2010, 01:09 AM
In actuality, the more you talk about him, albeit negative, the more attention you're giving him. If you truly didn't care about him, would your opinion really be so strong?Rut-Roh!...sexual identity crisis?

gaylordfan1
8/16/2010, 02:28 AM
Man, who cares.... He is out of college football, so we won't have to hear about him, in the college main stream that is. I hated hearing about the guy as much as anyone.... but he is a good athlete. And that is what the media (aka ESPN) wants.

I watched the clip posted and it looked like the kid did alright. I'm sure it was just his highlights, but he did what was expected of him. Don't expect a huge drop off of hearing his name on T.V. Get used to it or go Amish!

yankee
8/16/2010, 10:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Upon-Further-Review-Tim-Tebow-s-first-game;_ylt=AvCv1qSUGaPcOcX92W5lXmQ5nYcB?urn=nfl-262659

a good, non-biased article about tebow (and his NFL debut). for once, a guy that sees thru the BS and won't slobber his knob. too bad he only writes a blog for yahoo sports, and not front page articles.

soonerboomer93
8/16/2010, 11:07 AM
...I'm officially disgusted. I never could stand the ****er in college, and was annoyed by the media's obsession of him...but I endured. I had hoped and assumed that barely being a first rounder would at least calm down all the BS...but I was wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/

I wasn't waiting for his debut. Were you? Was ANY NFL fan? More so than the #1 overall pick and highest paid rookie in history? F*** you, NFL. You've lost all credibility and are no better than the ESPN SEC whores now.

I have friends who don't follow football, aren't into it but asked me on draft night, who drafted him

budbarrybob
8/16/2010, 11:17 AM
Ok, the guy has a great physique, articulate and the girls LOVE his looks. Matter of fact he is just like me 15 yrs ago and look where I am right now... so there is hope for all you T.T haters :D

rawlingsHOH
8/16/2010, 11:29 AM
Didn't watch the game, but the reviews for him weren't that good. They said he looked terrible until his last series when they put him in the gun, let him dink and dunk and run.

NormanPride
8/16/2010, 11:55 AM
Didn't watch the game, but the reviews for him weren't that good. They said he looked terrible until his last series when they put him in the gun, let him dink and dunk and run.

So, until they let him do what he did in college against the third teamers, he looked terrible? Got it.

kbsooner21
8/16/2010, 12:25 PM
I actually was pretty impressed. The line he was playing with wasn't blocking anyone worth a darn. He made a heck of a pass rolling right putting it right on the numbers about 30 yards downfield.

Looked a lot better than I would have ever imagined to be honest.

cheezyq
8/16/2010, 05:04 PM
I honestly just don't understand the fascination. He was a heck of a college player, I'll give him that. His "speech" and his antics on the sidelines came off more d-baggish than anything. So what if he claims to be a Christian, etc.?

What is it that causes him to be the focus of SO much attention now in the NFL - specifically over guys like Bradford, who seems (by all accounts) to be also a great guy, modest/humble, and just received the biggest rookie contract ever? It seems convenient to think that I am a homer, but I'm not trying to be, honestly...I'd ask the same questions if this were someone else.

Tebow, in reality, is just another meathead. He's not eloquent. He's not well-spoken. He's tough and intense...but so are a LOT of football players. He might be a decent guy off the field...but no more so than a lot of other guys. It's just retarded.

Soonermagik
8/16/2010, 05:09 PM
At least he's not some thug athlete. He's a guy you can let your kids watch... isn't that the kind of guy we want as a role model? He never asked for all the media attention or sainthood.

I don't think he's going to be a great NFL player, but I don't wish ill will toward the guy.

BoulderSooner79
8/16/2010, 05:17 PM
I just read that some 86% of Americans claim to be Christians and Tebow very publicly and repeatedly makes that job #1. Sam comes across as a more laid-back private person that keeps his faith to himself. Maybe that's the reason or maybe not. But I don't fault the media for the coverage as I think they reflect public interest more than create it (and if they're wrong, they'll soon switch gears). If the Rams get a whole lot better and Sam becomes a premier QB, we'll see the type of coverage that P. Manning and T. Brady get.

StoopTroup
8/16/2010, 05:24 PM
I honestly just don't understand the fascination. He was a heck of a college player, I'll give him that. His "speech" and his antics on the sidelines came off more d-baggish than anything. So what if he claims to be a Christian, etc.?

What is it that causes him to be the focus of SO much attention now in the NFL - specifically over guys like Bradford, who seems (by all accounts) to be also a great guy, modest/humble, and just received the biggest rookie contract ever? It seems convenient to think that I am a homer, but I'm not trying to be, honestly...I'd ask the same questions if this were someone else.

Tebow, in reality, is just another meathead. He's not eloquent. He's not well-spoken. He's tough and intense...but so are a LOT of football players. He might be a decent guy off the field...but no more so than a lot of other guys. It's just retarded.

Went he ran that TD in with 3 secs left the other night the announcers said "Shades of John Elway when he dove into the EZ and they flipped him in the air".

He was a Heisman Winner and MNC winner who seemly is putting together something now as a rookie. Until he's got 9 or 10 concussions of is picking permanent splinters out of his butt....I think you are going to continue to hear stuff like that. I'm gonna turn the volume down on my TV until it's over. :D

P4wEoMl9BOE

bzpirhgtjoU

cheezyq
8/16/2010, 05:33 PM
At least he's not some thug athlete. He's a guy you can let your kids watch... isn't that the kind of guy we want as a role model? He never asked for all the media attention or sainthood.

I don't think he's going to be a great NFL player, but I don't wish ill will toward the guy.

I disagree. He absolutely asked for media attention with his speech. He COULD have inspired his teammates in private, behind the scenes. Instead, he organized a press conference to make his statement publicly. So no, I wouldn't point to him as an example for my kids at all. There's a big difference between being an intense, competitive leader of a team, and a prima donna who's whoring for attention in front of a camera. I respect the former far more than the latter.

I never said I wish the man ill will, either. I just don't get the fascination with him among the public. I personally think he's just another meathead d-bag. I imagine others feel the same way too...but the way he plays the media like a fiddle...it's just annoying.

8/16/2010, 05:56 PM

I don't think he's going to be a great NFL player, but I don't wish ill will toward the guy.BEST POST OF THE THREAD, SO FAR award!

Rocko
8/16/2010, 06:06 PM
True quote from Colin Cowherd tonight on Sportsnation on Tebow's performance, "If Sam Bradford would have done this we wouldn't have said anything."

What a true statement!

swardboy
8/16/2010, 07:24 PM
He winds up 360 degrees to throw that pass down the sideline....and he gets back up after being slobber-knocked by some third or fourth stringer on the final touchdown.....that sh** ain't gonna work come regular season. We'll be reading his obituary before his play-off action if he keeps that up.

8/16/2010, 07:39 PM
He winds up 360 degrees to throw that pass down the sideline....and he gets back up after being slobber-knocked by some third or fourth stringer on the final touchdown.....that sh** ain't gonna work come regular season. We'll be reading his obituary before his play-off action if he keeps that up.He's pretty tough. If he can catch passes and block, he might be a good TE.

yankee
8/16/2010, 07:43 PM
He's pretty tough. If he can catch passes and block, he might be a good TE.

that sound you just heard was josh mcdaniel's career exiting denver.

Soonermagik
8/16/2010, 07:54 PM
I disagree. He absolutely asked for media attention with his speech. He COULD have inspired his teammates in private, behind the scenes. Instead, he organized a press conference to make his statement publicly. So no, I wouldn't point to him as an example for my kids at all. There's a big difference between being an intense, competitive leader of a team, and a prima donna who's whoring for attention in front of a camera. I respect the former far more than the latter.

I never said I wish the man ill will, either. I just don't get the fascination with him among the public. I personally think he's just another meathead d-bag. I imagine others feel the same way too...but the way he plays the media like a fiddle...it's just annoying.

He's outspoken about his faith, but he's called to be. I don't see him as an arrogant guy. He's a fiery leader who really wants to win. I just think there could be worse people to root against. Oh well.. to each their own.

Soonermagik
8/16/2010, 07:54 PM
BEST POST OF THE THREAD, SO FAR award!

Thanks. :)

stoopified
8/17/2010, 02:59 PM
I have no love for St.Tebow BUT I will say I don't understand the hate.Personally I think that there are parallels between him and VY that make ask why so many people think VY could be an NFL qb and TT can't.

Let's compare
1) Both are less than mechanically sound passers
2) Both are great natural athletes
3)Neither ran pro-style offenses in college

Differences
1)TT is smart,VY is not
2)TT is a hard worker,VY is not
3) TT is mature,VY is not

Whatever his shortcomings I think given the chance TT will surpass VY in the NFL and that is saying something given the VY hype.

Crucifax Autumn
8/17/2010, 04:45 PM
**** him. I wouldn't care if not for that assinine gator chomp moment against us, but that was classless.

CrimsonJim
8/17/2010, 05:07 PM
True quote from Colin Cowherd tonight on Sportsnation on Tebow's performance, "If Sam Bradford would have done this we wouldn't have said anything."

What a true statement!

If Sam Bradford had an offensive line they wouldn't have said anything. That was the difference maker.

SoonerLB
8/17/2010, 05:08 PM
**** him. I wouldn't care if not for that assinine gator chomp moment against us, but that was classless.

I concur!

8/17/2010, 05:52 PM
I have no love for St.Tebow BUT I will say I don't understand the hate.Personally I think that there are parallels between him and VY that make ask why so many people think VY could be an NFL qb and TT can't.

Let's compare
1) Both are less than mechanically sound passers
2) Both are great natural athletes
3)Neither ran pro-style offenses in college

Differences
1)TT is smart,VY is not
2)TT is a hard worker,VY is not
3) TT is mature,VY is not

Whatever his shortcomings I think given the chance TT will surpass VY in the NFL and that is saying something given the VY hype.Contender Post! You should place this gem smack dab in the middle of a whorns' board!

BoulderSooner79
8/17/2010, 05:53 PM
I recorded the Rams/Vikings and just watched it. It's amazing what editing will do as I had only seen the ESPN recap; from that, I assumed I'd just be watching a rude welcome to the NFL, Sam. But Sam played pretty well. His passes were accurate when he had a chance to throw and he made several very smart throw aways. On the sacks, he had absolutely no chance to even dump the ball, but did the best he could to avoid the big hit. If I were the Rams coaches, I wouldn't dare put him in there again without my best O-line intact - there is no win in it, but plenty to lose.