PDA

View Full Version : Brody Eldridge

o0Dan0o
8/15/2010, 12:32 PM
FYI, Eldridge is impressing with his first start for the colts. Had a catch for a few yards, and has been blocking well in both of Indy's drives.
Dan

BigDeezy
8/15/2010, 01:21 PM
yes, and just caused a fumble on a tackle after an interception. Colts got ball back after Brodie ripped it out from defender.

gaylordfan1
8/15/2010, 01:26 PM
Whats his number?

o0Dan0o
8/15/2010, 01:42 PM

o0Dan0o
8/15/2010, 01:44 PM
yes, and just caused a fumble on a tackle after an interception. Colts got ball back after Brodie ripped it out from defender.

The coaches were ecstatic on the sideline after that one. You know if they let him protect Payton as a rookie that they're really impressed with him.
Dan

Edit: because hung-over spelling r suck

sooner59
8/15/2010, 10:40 PM
Even Peyton was talking not long ago about how much he like Brody. That guy was a gamer in college for us and did whatever the team needed. Then he went undrafted and if going to make the team for a Super Bowl contender. And the best player in the NFL likes him. Good things are in store for Brody. Hard work does pay off sometimes.

Breadburner
8/15/2010, 11:12 PM
I thought Balogun looked good on the other side of the ball as well....Sorry for the hi-jack.....

goingoneight
8/15/2010, 11:17 PM
How many programs have ever had two rookie TE's start in the NFL?

Salt City Sooner
8/15/2010, 11:40 PM
Even Peyton was talking not long ago about how much he like Brody. That guy was a gamer in college for us and did whatever the team needed. Then he went undrafted and if going to make the team for a Super Bowl contender. And the best player in the NFL likes him. Good things are in store for Brody. Hard work does pay off sometimes.
The Colts took him in round 5.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/16/2010, 01:14 AM
I thought Balogun looked good on the other side of the ball as well....Sorry for the hi-jack.....Balogun shoulda played for OU last yr.

sooner59
8/16/2010, 12:09 PM
The Colts took him in round 5.

Oh, good call. Forgot about that. Either way, 5th round isn't a far cry from undrafted as far as chances to make the team goes.

badger
8/16/2010, 12:16 PM
Balogun shoulda played for OU last yr.

FREE MIKE! :mad:

As for Bro-dy! Bro-dy! here is what ESPN has:

Manning offered a logical amen, saying, "I think our job as professionals, whether we had finished last season winning the Super Bowl or coming up short, you put it behind you and work just as hard as you did when you were a rookie. I think the newness of players like [rookie linebacker] Jerry Hughes, [rookie tight end] Brody Eldridge to help Dallas, a new offensive coordinator in Clyde Christensen and a new receivers coach in Ron Turner help you [re-energize]."

Other observations from Colts training camp:

• Eldridge is a 6-foot-5, 265-pound tight end from Oklahoma whose blocking skills will be used in the run game and in pass protection. He should free up Clark to focus on receiving.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=5465704)

Good sign when the team's franchise player knows you by name already :D

ouleaf
8/16/2010, 12:31 PM
I think the Colts are a perfect fit for a guy like Brody. The Colts are a 1st rate organization and prides itself on bringing in true professionals to their team with great character.

Not only will Brody make the team, but he'll see a good amount of snaps this season.....My prediction for his rookie season 15 catches for 150 yards and 2 TDs

badger
8/16/2010, 12:37 PM
I think the Colts are a perfect fit for a guy like Brody. The Colts are a 1st rate organization and prides itself on bringing in true professionals to their team with great character.

Not only will Brody make the team, but he'll see a good amount of snaps this season.....My prediction for his rookie season 15 catches for 150 yards and 2 TDs

Some organizations just allow players to be their best, look good and raise their stocks incredibly high. The Colts is definitely one of those places.

On the contrary, there are some places that just make good players look average, like the Raiders