PDA

View Full Version : The Expendables....

royalfan5
8/14/2010, 07:49 AM
as it is too hot to be outside for any legitimate reasons this afternoon. I'm going to go see it. I'm mildly hopeful that I will be entertained.

badger
8/14/2010, 09:51 AM
NP and I are going to see Scott Pilgrim. We'll report back here before the Sammie/All Day game of course, and include a movie review... can you do the same so we know if we have to run out at see that?

royalfan5
8/14/2010, 10:02 AM
NP and I are going to see Scott Pilgrim. We'll report back here before the Sammie/All Day game of course, and include a movie review... can you do the same so we know if we have to run out at see that?

I try to. I think I am going hit Scott Pilgrim tomorrow.

soonerinkaty
8/14/2010, 11:18 AM
I thought The Expendables was good if you weren't expecting a film like Inception. Take it for what it was meant to be and its a great action flick.

Serge Ibaka
8/14/2010, 11:25 AM
I want to see the Expendables.

I saw Scott Pilgrim last night. I liked it more than I expected--but I'm also an occasional Young Adult Lit/Graphic Novel geek.

Collier11
8/14/2010, 11:25 AM
nothing better than the people who go to movies like Rambo or The expendables and then gripe about the dialogue or the acting, it is what it is, sh*t blowing up

Crucifax Autumn
8/14/2010, 02:48 PM
You won't hear me bitching because I won't see it.

royalfan5
8/14/2010, 03:21 PM
I was throughly entertained. Lots of **** got blowed up real good. Eric Roberts should get more work than he does. Maybe a buddy villain movie with Jason Patric? It's good to see Dolph Lundgren back too. Plus it was weird to see Detective Angel Batista as a military strongman. I give a A- because they didn't shoehorn in any nudity over shoehorning in some scenes to give the movie some "emotion".

badger
8/14/2010, 08:14 PM
Scott Pilgrim has a lot of video game easter eggs (the beginning music to Link to the Past starts the movie) that nerds like NP will love. It is a very cheesy dialogue flick with the Juno guy, so that is to be expected. Both NP and I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

royalfan5
8/15/2010, 07:10 PM
Scott Pilgrim has a lot of video game easter eggs (the beginning music to Link to the Past starts the movie) that nerds like NP will love. It is a very cheesy dialogue flick with the Juno guy, so that is to be expected. Both NP and I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

I enjoyed as well, although I know too many sad sacks in bands to like Scott Pilgrim as a charcter. I did really like the Final Fantasy II baseline, and lot the video game stuff as well. Kieran Culkin killed it too. I hope he keeps showing up in movies, because he owned it Igby Goes Down as well.

badger
8/15/2010, 07:31 PM
Kieran Culkin killed it too. I hope he keeps showing up in movies, because he owned it Igby Goes Down as well.

His resemblance to his Home Alone kid brother is uncanny.

I just looked up his bio - holy crap, he was Fuller in Home Alone?! :eek:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GHp3tbQtz24/Sx3JrDIQ_tI/AAAAAAAAAbQ/0OQIvvSVaqw/s400/fuller_wets_the_bed.JPG

Go easy on the Pepsi :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/15/2010, 11:38 PM
That's exactly how I picture Leroy.

adoniijahsooner
8/16/2010, 03:42 AM
I made a thread about this movie months ago, it was shot down pretty quick; but lo and behold, it is the number one movie this weekend.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132782

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Sylvester Stallone outmuscled Julia Roberts at the weekend box office in North America on Sunday to score the biggest opening of his career with his new film "The Expendables."

Guess what? I still havent seen it.

StoopTroup
11/25/2010, 09:39 PM
Dolph Lundgren on meth....:eek:

Saw the movie today. He's gonna give me a nightmare I think.

Collier11
11/25/2010, 09:59 PM
was it worth a rent?

StoopTroup
11/25/2010, 10:03 PM
was it worth a rent?

IMO yes.

I got Lottery Ticket.....I watched it but I think I'd wait until Obama is out of the White House before you rent it.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2010, 10:58 PM
expendables is old school 80s shoot em up...lots of bloody guts

StoopTroup
11/25/2010, 11:03 PM
That Shotgun and the Plane scene with Sly and Stathem is pretty good.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2010, 11:26 PM
yeah...mickey rourke should have had a bigger role