PDA

View Full Version : Austin Bar Fight

Leroy Lizard
8/13/2010, 04:59 PM
Any word on this?

How long does it take to investigate a bar fight when the entire thing was (amateurishly) caught on video and there are about 50 people who witnessed it?

Collier11
8/13/2010, 05:04 PM
what you talkin bout willis? Does it include horns?

The Ghost of Mex
8/13/2010, 05:05 PM
http://bradrants.com/blog/uploaded/BradRants/Images/Misc/WhatYouTalkinBoutWillis.jpg

Mississippi Sooner
8/13/2010, 05:06 PM
It's not a real bar fight unless somebody gets his nut sack ripped off.

gaylordfan1
8/13/2010, 05:19 PM
It sucks that Huerta will prob get some kind of charge against him. I guess shivery is dead.

Collier11
8/13/2010, 05:21 PM
he didnt swing til swung at, should be ZERO charges on Huerta

Curly Bill
8/13/2010, 05:23 PM
Huerta should get a medal.

gaylordfan1
8/13/2010, 05:29 PM
Huerta should get a medal.

^this.

But, hopefully he has a lot of eye witnesses that saw the horn throw the first punch. The video didn't show anything but Huerta standing over him.

47straight
8/13/2010, 05:38 PM
It sucks that Huerta will prob get some kind of charge against him. I guess shivery is dead.

It would be tough to prove the charge if the "victim" never steps forward, which he would be a moron to be considering the very real threat of prosecution for his own self.

Leroy Lizard
8/13/2010, 07:59 PM
It would be tough to prove the charge if the "victim" never steps forward, which he would be a moron to be considering the very real threat of prosecution for his own self.

I was thinking more along the lines of assaulting a woman. Why is everyone focused on Huerta?

Scott D
8/13/2010, 08:22 PM
because Huerta one shotted "Glass Joe" Bobino is my guess.

Crucifax Autumn
8/13/2010, 08:30 PM
http://www.cyclelikethesedins.com/images/stories/glass_joe.jpg

SoonerGrant
8/13/2010, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure once you are classified as a professional fighter, your hands are considered deadly weapons. Not sure about Texas state laws though.

Leroy Lizard
8/14/2010, 01:22 AM
I'm pretty sure once you are classified as a professional fighter, your hands are considered deadly weapons. Not sure about Texas state laws though.

I have heard that all my life, but it sounds like an urban legend.

Collier11
8/14/2010, 01:48 AM

doesnt matter for **** if the guy throws the 1st punch

AlbqSooner
8/14/2010, 06:16 AM
I have heard that all my life, but it sounds like an urban legend.

NOT an urban legend. Any common object can be considered a deadly weapon. a tire tool is not a deadly weapon "per se", but can be used in such fashion as to be considered a deadly weapon. Same goes for a chair, or even a Bic pen. The prosecution can, and has, charged people with "Assault and Battery with a deadly weapon, to-wit a Bic pen" (Tulsa County circa 1979).

In the same manner, a trained fighter - boxer, mma, karate black belt, can use his hands in such fashion as to be considered a deadly weapon.

Leroy Lizard
8/14/2010, 11:19 AM
NOT an urban legend. Any common object can be considered a deadly weapon. a tire tool is not a deadly weapon "per se", but can be used in such fashion as to be considered a deadly weapon. Same goes for a chair, or even a Bic pen. The prosecution can, and has, charged people with "Assault and Battery with a deadly weapon, to-wit a Bic pen" (Tulsa County circa 1979).

In the same manner, a trained fighter - boxer, mma, karate black belt, can use his hands in such fashion as to be considered a deadly weapon.

I can see a big difference between a Bic pen and a hand. (Something about foreign objects)

You may be right, but I haven't found a source to substantiate your claim. (The whole idea of registering hands as deadly weapons is, of course, a myth.)

ashley
8/14/2010, 08:13 PM
I can see a big difference between a Bic pen and a hand. (Something about foreign objects)

You may be right, but I haven't found a source to substantiate your claim. (The whole idea of registering hands as deadly weapons is, of course, a myth.)

That's elementary school stuff. I heard that stuff in the 50's. Total myth.

soonerborn30
8/15/2010, 09:24 AM
Complete myth. I've trained with a 4x world champion kickboxer, who was trained by (no joke) Chuck Norris. He is not considered a deadly weapon by the state.

I posted this in the other thread. Guys that are trained to fight are usually expected to hold their s#!t together a little better than the average bear, so if they do decide to let loose on somebody it's a bigger deal.

rainiersooner
8/15/2010, 10:40 AM
I think it becomes a matter of using proportional force. So for example, self-defense is a defense to a charge of assault, but if you're a ninja and some dude pushes you, I think it would be considered disproportionate to kill him by ripping his heart out.

Anyway, didn't you guys see Con Air??

1890MilesToNorman
8/15/2010, 10:50 AM
I suddenly have the urge to deck a whorn?? Oh, the good ole days.

o0Dan0o
8/15/2010, 10:59 AM
I think it becomes a matter of using proportional force. So for example, self-defense is a defense to a charge of assault, but if you're a ninja and some dude pushes you, I think it would be considered disproportionate to kill him by ripping his heart out.

Anyway, didn't you guys see Con Air??

lol...