View Full Version : U$C needs to skip the appeal

Collier11
8/13/2010, 04:58 PM
Reggie apparently just admitted to it all...finally

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5460735

Leroy Lizard
8/13/2010, 05:00 PM
You need to learn how to spin a story.

Just tell the NCAA that we had nothing to do with it.

Mississippi Sooner
8/13/2010, 05:03 PM
I guess he got his little feelers hurt when they disowned him.

badger
8/13/2010, 05:07 PM
He apparently phoned it in. He might as well have written them a "Dear John" letter.

Does this guy just have no backbone that he can't own up to his actions in person, that he needs to release (false!) statements to the public in his defense, that he needs to apologize to his alma mater through a d@mn phone call?!

Widescreen
8/13/2010, 05:11 PM
I've really gotten tired of misdeeds being labeled as "mistakes". When you incorrectly add 2 numbers, it's a mistake. When you intentionally do something you know you're not supposed to do, it's not a mistake.

soonerhubs
8/13/2010, 05:14 PM
He apparently phoned it in. He might as well have written them a "Dear John" letter.

Does this guy just have no backbone that he can't own up to his actions in person, that he needs to release (false!) statements to the public in his defense, that he needs to apologize to his alma mater through a d@mn phone call?!

Yep. He's a total tool, and it's funny to see people say, "Well it's not like he took drugs. How can you call him a cheater?"

Would they prefer blatant rule breaker? It means the same damn thing!

yermom
8/13/2010, 05:19 PM
well, did taking money make him a better player?

it makes USC a better place to play, but it doesn't make him better

Collier11
8/13/2010, 05:22 PM
I think the easiest way to remedy this is allow players to have endorsements while playing college sports, why not? If you arent good enough to get them work harder

badger
8/13/2010, 05:27 PM
I think the easiest way to remedy this is allow players to have endorsements while playing college sports, why not? If you arent good enough to get them work harder

Why not? Cuz schools have their own endorsements and the schools would rather take the money themselves than have it go directly to the players.

Collier11
8/13/2010, 05:32 PM
Not good enough, I want a legit reason. If they arent going to get paid for playing which they arent, and this problem is going to continue to get worse (it is), why not let them seek their own endorsement deals.

You telling me that Gatorade and Nike wouldnt have been willing to endorse Bradford while in college as well as the team? I guarantee you they would be

Dan Thompson
8/13/2010, 05:35 PM
So how much is he going to donate to the football scholarship fund?

yermom
8/13/2010, 05:44 PM
Not good enough, I want a legit reason. If they arent going to get paid for playing which they arent, and this problem is going to continue to get worse (it is), why not let them seek their own endorsement deals.

You telling me that Gatorade and Nike wouldnt have been willing to endorse Bradford while in college as well as the team? I guarantee you they would be

then the Oklahomas and USCs have an even greater advantage over the OSUs of the world

if outside people can pay players it's not that much different than the schools doing it. just think about Walmart and Nike with Arkansas and Oregon

(or Big Red Sports and Imports)

Collier11
8/13/2010, 06:21 PM
youre telling me that Kendall Hunter or Zac Robinson or Dez Bryant, etc... couldnt get endorsement deals?

yermom
8/13/2010, 06:25 PM
maybe after the fact, but would the next Reggie Bush choose a school like OSU if he knew USC kids got better endorsement deals?

although, this would probably help OSU with T. Boone behind them. that's probably not the best example

freshchris05
8/13/2010, 06:29 PM

Student athletes.

There isn't parity in college like there is in the pros. Money would always win. There would be basically no need for scholarships. With all the schools with more money, better tv markets, and higher populations, where does that leave Oklahoma? NIKE already owns Oregon. **** could get gross...

Leroy Lizard
8/13/2010, 07:54 PM
I've really gotten tired of misdeeds being labeled as "mistakes". When you incorrectly add 2 numbers, it's a mistake. When you intentionally do something you know you're not supposed to do, it's not a mistake.

Collier?

:D

Leroy Lizard
8/13/2010, 07:55 PM
Why not? Cuz schools have their own endorsements and the schools would rather take the money themselves than have it go directly to the players.

Something about... oh, say... amateurism?

Leroy Lizard
8/13/2010, 07:57 PM
youre telling me that Kendall Hunter or Zac Robinson or Dez Bryant, etc... couldnt get endorsement deals?

No. At least, not to the extent that a player in Southern California could. And what about the starting RB for Tulsa? Who is going to offer him a deal?

Scott D
8/13/2010, 08:21 PM

he's not allowed on campus.

Collier11
8/13/2010, 08:46 PM
No. At least, not to the extent that a player in Southern California could. And what about the starting RB for Tulsa? Who is going to offer him a deal?

if he runs for 2000 yards he could get a car dealership in tulsa, atleast this way its legal and it is completely on the individuals shoulders

BoulderSooner79
8/14/2010, 01:08 AM

Slippery, meet slope. Slope, this is slippery.

Leroy Lizard
8/14/2010, 01:19 AM
if he runs for 2000 yards he could get a car dealership in tulsa

Oh, wow.

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-1001-1706-0228_Rich_Guy_Sitting_on_a_Pile_of_Money_clipart_i mage.jpg

soonerhubs
8/14/2010, 06:27 AM
So now Reggie looks like Mahatma here instead of what he truly is: a cheating ********* with out ethics.

Thousands of players obey these rules annually. He didn't, and then he refused to cooperate. He finally is experiencing some negative consequences. Karma!

AlbqSooner
8/14/2010, 06:28 AM

There is a reason he phoned it in. According to the article, "I wish I could ask Reggie to come talk to our football team. I can't," said Haden, who replaced ousted AD Mike Garrett on Aug. 3. "He's not allowed on the campus."

badger
8/14/2010, 09:53 AM
he's not allowed on campus.

true, but the word is now that he didn't apologize, he just expressed remorse and regret. Must be taking lessons from Bill Clinton :rolleyes:

badger
8/26/2010, 01:07 PM
In news so minor that it does not deserve its own thread, USC lost another trophy today.

Link (http://www.newsok.com/usc-stripped-of-2004-grantland-rice-trophy/article/3488950?custom_click=headlines_widget)

KantoSooner
8/26/2010, 01:09 PM
Truly, the gift that keeps on giving...

TheHumanAlphabet
8/26/2010, 01:28 PM
uhhmmm,

I am pretty sure that if he sent the Heisman trophy back to the committee, they would take it back and expunge his name. Liar Liar Bush you are...

TheHumanAlphabet
8/26/2010, 01:29 PM
So now Reggie looks like Mahatma here instead of what he truly is: a cheating ********* with out ethics.

Thousands of players obey these rules annually. He didn't, and then he refused to cooperate. He finally is experiencing some negative consequences. Karma!

I don't see the negative karma, he still has everything he illegally got...Now to man up and send back the Heisman.

Leroy Lizard
8/26/2010, 02:16 PM
In news so minor that it does not deserve its own thread, USC lost another trophy today.

Link (http://www.newsok.com/usc-stripped-of-2004-grantland-rice-trophy/article/3488950?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Not happy:

http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134426

sooner518
8/26/2010, 02:44 PM
Not happy:

http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134426

becuase of their pathetic message board format? or becuase they got a trophy taken away?

Scott D
8/26/2010, 03:18 PM
they apparently love their lo-tech message board format, so we'll go with because they lost their only crystal football.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/26/2010, 03:31 PM
I don't see why people on here still don't like Reggie. Look at the outstanding Schaudenfraude he has provided us.

TexasLidig8r
8/26/2010, 03:33 PM
Oh.. and I remember those many days and nights on here when there was much wailing and gnashing of tooth that the "NCAA won't do anything to USC... oh they love them too much.. they only pick on us."

Leroy Lizard
8/26/2010, 03:42 PM
Oh.. and I remember those many days and nights on here when there was much wailing and gnashing of tooth that the "NCAA won't do anything to USC... oh they love them too much.. they only pick on us."

Trojan fans were saying the same. Now they are saying that ESPN and the NCAA clearly hate them.

badger
8/26/2010, 03:43 PM

Meh, you can still rely on TexAgs for your daily/hourly/minutely dose of whining.

fwsooner22
8/26/2010, 03:47 PM

We would say the same about ** if they ever won on a consistent basis (other than that annual recruiting ring thing). I thought you only took shots at those who were on top. The NCAA only seems to concern itself with those who win regularly. Don't get your feelings hurt I just don't see this kinda thing being a concern for ** anytime soon. ;)

Widescreen
8/26/2010, 04:06 PM
they apparently love their lo-tech message board format, so we'll go with because they lost their only crystal football.

If you click "Display Modes" and choose "Switch to Linear Mode", it looks just like it does here.

Scott D
8/26/2010, 05:17 PM
If you click "Display Modes" and choose "Switch to Linear Mode", it looks just like it does here.

That would require going over there and not gagging over the scarlet and yellow.

TexasLidig8r
8/27/2010, 09:47 AM
Meh, you can still rely on TexAgs for your daily/hourly/minutely dose of whining.

Texags is unreadable.

badger
8/27/2010, 11:05 AM
Texags is unreadable.

what is that you say, t-sip?

TU!

CART MCCRY!

uncoverrrrrrrrrr! 2 percenter! good bull! bad bull! blue star!

:rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
8/27/2010, 11:46 AM
what is that you say, t-sip?

TU!

CART MCCRY!

uncoverrrrrrrrrr! 2 percenter! good bull! bad bull! blue star!

:rolleyes:

whoop whoop whoop...

We're gonna win the Big XII this year.. whoop...

Ok.. so we lost to Akie State..whoop.. we can still win conference...

whoop.. so we lost to Baylor.. whoop... we can still make the Cotton Bowl.

unreadable.