The Ghost of Mex
8/12/2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the TIP.[hairGel]

Piware
8/12/2010, 03:52 PM
Do you suppose they will want to carry over first downs to the 2009 game? :P

badger
8/12/2010, 04:14 PM
I wonder if this version includes the Mack Brown begging or if he ordered ESPN to digitally remove that embarrassment from rebroadcasts :D

Nessler: Educated talk on this exciting football game...
Herbie: Ooo, goodie! Mack's on the phone!
Mack: To any BCS voters viewing this game, people note that Oklahoma is not winning by as many points as we would be if we were in the same situation.
Nessler: Oklahoma State and Texas met earlier this season, where OSU narrowly lost 24-28, in Austin...
Mack: SHUT UP, BRAD. As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, Texas deserves to be in the national title game, because we beat both Missouri and Oklahoma, two teams which are vying for the Big 12 crown by rules that are completely anti-Texas.
Nessler: Of course, should OSU pull off this win, Tech would also be included in the Big 12 championship game, after beating Texas 39-33 earlier this season...
Mack: SHUT UP, BRAD!!!

well, that's how I remember it :D

Mississippi Sooner
8/12/2010, 04:17 PM
I woke up in the middle of the night a few days ago and this one was on. I'd forgotten (or just tried to put out of my mind) how nauseating Musberger and Herbstriet were with their constant banter about, "but you always have to go back to head to head."

Dang it, I wish they'd show the Tech game from that year, since it seems to be the theme right now.

47straight
8/12/2010, 06:17 PM
That's the night that I lost my respect for Mack Brown. When he campaigned for votes in 2004 to go to the Rose Bowl over Cal, at least he didn't call into the TV broadcast of his rival to do it.

Sooner Among The Pack
8/12/2010, 08:12 PM
Never gets old...how could you not want Bradford's Heisman statue upside down?

OKLA21FAN
8/12/2010, 08:16 PM
Never gets old...how could you not want Bradford's Heisman statue upside down?

plus that moment made okie lite's '2009 intro video'....

ironic :pop:

oudavid1
8/12/2010, 08:23 PM
That's the night that I lost my respect for Mack Brown. When he campaigned for votes in 2004 to go to the Rose Bowl over Cal, at least he didn't call into the TV broadcast of his rival to do it.

Oh i got something for Mack

"but you always have to go back to head to head."

Alright Mack, as you wish

sɐxǝʇ
http://blog.newsok.com/johnrohde/files/2009/04/ut-champs.jpg

OKLAHOMA!
http://www.amesphotos.com/oklahoma_photos/images/university-of-oklahoma-football-2008-season-oklahoma-sooners-2008-big-12-champs-ok-f-2008-00152lg.jpg

Your right Mack, lets stick with head-to-head

XFollower
8/12/2010, 08:56 PM
Man I love it. 32 seconds left with 54 points, and break a wide open run untouched up the middle. Pokes still suck.

CBUS_SOONER
8/12/2010, 09:00 PM
I remember the next day, I was scared to death thinking Texass was gonna jump us. Longest Sunday ever

bri
8/12/2010, 09:18 PM
Man I love it. 32 seconds left with 54 points, and break a wide open run untouched up the middle. Pokes still suck.

AFTER aggy called a pointless timeout to stop the clock. That, you safety orange bitchf*cks, is called "getting what you deserve".

47straight
8/13/2010, 02:58 AM
I just can't get off of this point, it chaps me to this day.

Texas fans should have been ashamed and embarassed that their coach called into a national broadcast game of their rival to whine for votes.

Watching the rebroadcast also brought back Mushberger wanting to have his cake and eat it too.

Early on: "It looks like the sooners aren't going to have enough style points to beat Texas in the polls."

Later on: "If OU keeps running up the score it's going to hurt them in the polls."

Dio
8/13/2010, 09:37 AM
I just can't get off of this point, it chaps me to this day.

Texas fans should have been ashamed and embarassed that their coach called into a national broadcast game of their rival to whine for votes.

Watching the rebroadcast also brought back Mushberger wanting to have his cake and eat it too.

Early on: "It looks like the sooners aren't going to have enough style points to beat Texas in the polls."

Later on: "If OU keeps running up the score it's going to hurt them in the polls."

Whaddya expect? Mushberger was drunk.

badger
8/13/2010, 09:40 AM
Whaddya expect? Mushberger was drunk.

I think they were trying to keep viewers tuned in till the last click. Even Poke fans were exiting the stands early, and we know how loyal Poke fans are compared to us fairweather fan cheatin' gooners.

rawlingsHOH
8/13/2010, 10:08 AM
plus that moment made okie lite's '2009 intro video'....

ironic :pop:

because they are idiots

rawlingsHOH
8/13/2010, 10:10 AM
I remember the next day, I was scared to death thinking Texass was gonna jump us. Longest Sunday ever

I remember the Sunday after the Texas loss saying, if we run the table, we will play for the national title.

virginiasooner
8/13/2010, 11:53 AM
Watching the Pokes lose to us NEVER gets old. It would be fun to watch the 2009 game as well. Shutouts make me all goosebumpy.

oudavid1
8/13/2010, 03:35 PM
Watching the Pokes lose to us NEVER gets old. It would be fun to watch the 2009 game as well. Shutouts make me all goosebumpy.

i wanna watch one in person, in stillwater. Maybe sometime in November

cheezyq
8/13/2010, 04:57 PM
well, that's how I remember it :D

When I hear Mack speak, it sounds like a nasally version of all the adults in the Charlie Brown cartoons.