PDA

View Full Version : World's Dumbest Sport?

Leroy Lizard
8/11/2010, 04:01 PM
Could be.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5451867

I know something of the crippling heat they suffered because I competed in the event in 2007. Our saunas were actually hotter -- 260 degrees Fahrenheit - but there was something worse this time, something exponentially more scorching.

"It doesn't feel good getting in there this year," Kaukonen said before the final, in Finnish. "But I will clench my teeth and see where this leads us."

It led him to the ICU, and Ladyzhenskiy to his coffin.

XFollower
8/11/2010, 04:04 PM
Sport period?

Leroy Lizard
8/11/2010, 04:07 PM
Humans are a funny bunch.

I'm waiting to congratulate him when I notice something awful. There's two big patches of skin missing on his upper lip, just under his nostrils. "Dude, were you by any chance breathing through your nose in there?" "Yeah, why?" he says. "Your skin is all gone under your nose! It's burnt off!" He feels his upper lip in horror. He runs to the mirror. It's worse. The tops of his ears have split open and are bubbling. Under his arms and on his back are bright purple patches. His forehead is painted bright red and blistering in front of his eyes. I take him to the beer garden to try to cool him off, but nothing helps. He is sweating like Pam Anderson at Bible study. "Man, I'm burning up. Even my tongue is burnt." His wife begs him to quit, but he refuses. Says he's trained too hard. She shakes her head. He refused to quit, though, and moved on to the second round later in the day. In that one, he bolted out after only 4 minutes and 15 seconds.

Breadburner
8/11/2010, 05:41 PM
Yes....Cooking your-self is good for you....Jeebus.....

yermom
8/11/2010, 05:57 PM
sounds more interesting than golf or NASCAR :D

Dio
8/11/2010, 07:47 PM
somebody needs to throw Rick Reilly in a scalding sauna

Leroy Lizard
8/12/2010, 02:36 AM
In all the sports I have seen, there was something to win. But "most cook-able" means what?