PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Iowa State

badger
8/11/2010, 01:51 PM
Flooding issues is stranding some, and making practice time sandbagging-facilities-to-prevent-damage-time.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5455421)

KantoSooner
8/11/2010, 02:25 PM
The snow pack is finally melting?

DakotaSooner
8/11/2010, 02:54 PM
That is funny about the snow pack. It is actually Heat Index of 106 today in Ames and only 104 in Norman.

OK2U
8/11/2010, 03:29 PM
They'll need plenty of prayers when they come to Norman Oct 16.

KantoSooner
8/11/2010, 03:34 PM
That is funny about the snow pack. It is actually Heat Index of 106 today in Ames and only 104 in Norman.

sorry, but I paid my debt to society: I lived in Minnesota for two years. No joke, we had snow piled in the parking lots until early June one year. Not right. Not right at all.

Leroy Lizard
8/11/2010, 03:37 PM
"Dear Lord. We realize that in this world there is immense suffering, but can you stop work on those issues now and help out the Iowa State football team with their practice facilities?" :D

Oldnslo
8/11/2010, 04:09 PM
"Dear Lord. We realize that in this world there is immense suffering, but can you stop work on those issues now and help out the Iowa State football team with their practice facilities?" :D

Yeah. That ought to do.

sooneriniowa
8/11/2010, 04:34 PM
It's not just the practice facility. All main exit's into Ames have been closed down. I35 off ramps and all off ramps along Hwy 30. Most of this area has exceeded the Floods of 08. Most things pathetic about ISU are funny...this however isn't.

A Sooner in Texas
8/11/2010, 10:17 PM
If you've ever had to clean out a flooded home - and I did help my parents clean out their flooded home in Bartlesville years ago - it's not funny.

gaylordfan1
8/11/2010, 10:22 PM
If you've ever had to clean out a flooded home - and I did help my parents clean out their flooded home in Bartlesville years ago - it's not funny.

True that!

I would like to have a little of that rain here! Not as much, but some. I hate watering my lawn EVERYDAY!

budbarrybob
8/12/2010, 12:55 AM
I would like to have a little of that rain here! Not as much, but some. I hate watering my lawn EVERYDAY!

Wurd

:gary:

PhilTLL
8/12/2010, 12:11 PM
True that!

Then...uh...don't? Watering your lawn (or even maintaining a lawn) is a choice, not a necessity, unless it's also your garden.

KantoSooner
8/12/2010, 01:36 PM
Maintaining a garden is also a choice.
Living is a choice. To be completely pure, we should ALL probably consider the less fortunate, Hell, the ANIMALS of the planet and just kill ourselves. (we'd be excused the toxic side effects of our bodies rotting away.)

Innoculation notice: I own a windmill and water my garden with water gathered in a cistern. Hahahahahahaha

badger
8/12/2010, 01:41 PM
By choosing the Big 12, Iowa State chose to live :)

gaylordfan1
8/12/2010, 01:41 PM
Then...uh...don't? Watering your lawn (or even maintaining a lawn) is a choice, not a necessity, unless it's also your garden.

Well I water for its results, even though I bit*h and moan.

But there are city ordinances that require you to have your lawn under a certain height. I believe its 10 inches..... So, it really isn't a choice. Unless you have the money to fork out $75 a week until its cut. They are actually pretty serious about this is Moore. At least where I live.