PDA

View Full Version : Charity…

The Ghost of Mex
8/11/2010, 08:55 AM
Is it just to force other individuals or groups to be charitable to the needy? By needy I mean the disabled, elderly, single mothers and others who cannot take care of themselves without charity.

Would needy Americans go without if we did not force the producers to support them?

XingTheRubicon
8/11/2010, 09:18 AM
Entitlement programs have jumped the shark.

I caught that last Michael Moore movie, Capitalism a love affair. While MM was sobbing over a family that was too f*cking stupid to read their mortgage refi, he was explaining that one them was on "disability." The person on "disability" was picking up heavy moving boxes and carrying them out of the house.

picasso
8/11/2010, 09:23 AM
Entitlement programs have jumped the shark.

I caught that last Michael Moore movie, Capitalism a love affair. While MM was sobbing over a family that was too f*cking stupid to read their mortgage refi, he was explaining that one them was on "disability." The person on "disability" was picking up heavy moving boxes and carrying them out of the house.

Moore should do a film on the most charitable Americans. Oh wait, that would ruin his mantra.

Soonerwake
8/11/2010, 10:40 AM
Is it just to force other individuals or groups to be charitable to the needy? By needy I mean the disabled, elderly, single mothers and others who cannot take care of themselves without charity.

Would needy Americans go without if we did not force the producers to support them?

Charity, in it's purest form, is a good thing. Government sponsored charity, not so much. What ever happened to personal responsibility???

soonervegas
8/11/2010, 10:43 AM
To answer your question, no I do not think they would go without. Churches might be a little better attended....

1890MilesToNorman
8/11/2010, 10:46 AM

Absolutely not! In my small town we take care of our own, I've witnessed it for years and years. Charity begins at home (e.g.. local).