PDA

View Full Version : Tickets/Hotel for Florida State

WildBlueSooner
8/11/2010, 07:34 AM
I know these questions are asked all the time, but I really want to watch us kick the dog **** out of Florida State.

I see tickets on Stub Hub for about $155 a shot. I will be travelling from Shreveport, LA on Friday and have 2 questions.

#1: Should I wait until gameday to get tickets?
#2: Where is a good place I can stay with my wife for a decent rate ($150) that is somewhat close to the stadium.

Thanks in advance! BOOMER!

soonerborn30
8/11/2010, 08:03 AM
You'll be able to get tickets at the stadium from scalpe...I mean independent ticket brokers. As far as hotels go Sooner Legends is close to the stadium, as is the Residence Inn.

WildBlueSooner
8/11/2010, 08:14 AM
You'll be able to get tickets at the stadium from scalpe...I mean independent ticket brokers. As far as hotels go Sooner Legends is close to the stadium, as is the Residence Inn.

I have bought tickets from "independent brokers" before...although it was for the Idaho St game. Do you think for a bigger game like FSU I will be able to get a decent price for 2 tickets?

Thanks for the hotel suggestions.

WildBlueSooner
8/11/2010, 08:32 AM
Looks like both those hotels are booked...maybe I will just stay in Bricktown and drive to Norman Monday morning

Soonermagik
8/11/2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah, stay in Bricktown, it's 10 times better than sooner legends.

soonerborn30
8/11/2010, 08:43 AM
Oh yeah. Bricktown is much better than anything in Norman hotel-wise if you don't mind the drive into Norman. And as far as tickets go, I've been to every game in the Stoops era, and there are always tickets for sale, regardless of opponent. The price is going to depend on your negotiation skills, I suppose. :)

WildBlueSooner
8/11/2010, 08:51 AM
Oh yeah. Bricktown is much better than anything in Norman hotel-wise if you don't mind the drive into Norman. And as far as tickets go, I've been to every game in the Stoops era, and there are always tickets for sale, regardless of opponent. The price is going to depend on your negotiation skills, I suppose. :)

Bricktown it is. Thanks for the info!

EstablishedSooner1967
8/11/2010, 08:56 AM
Hotels will be sold out this late... head to OKC and deal with traffic

badger
8/11/2010, 08:57 AM
I have bought tickets from "independent brokers" before...although it was for the Idaho St game. Do you think for a bigger game like FSU I will be able to get a decent price for 2 tickets?

Thanks for the hotel suggestions.

No ideas for hotels, but NP and I and a few others got four tickets together to the Tech blowout a few years ago for $125 each, but we had to search forever to find them outside the stadium. Many were jacking up prices to the $200-$300 each range. Of course, that game would have been totally worth it, but only if you could afford it :)

I would imagine that unless FSU lays an egg in its creampuff opener a la Appalachian State, you can look forward to similar price gouging before FSU. You should be able to find $150 tickets easily, but lower than that, not sure before kickoff.

Boomer.....
8/11/2010, 09:27 AM
The hotels in Bricktown are usually around $180/night. Some are really nice, like the Skirvin and Renaissance, but others are just above average and don't justify the price. There is an Embassy Suites in Norman that is very nice. You might check on it.

rawlingsHOH
8/11/2010, 11:12 AM

yes

yukonsooner
8/11/2010, 11:12 AM
The Hampton Inn in Bricktown is pretty nice. They have rooms for $149 per night. Don't know if you have any discounts (gov, AARP, etc.) but the rate might be less. You can walk to all the resturants, and the only convenience store in the area is right outside the hotel entrance. Be sure you map the hotel you choose in Bricktown. There are some that are listed as Bricktown, but they are 3-4 miles from Bricktown.

CaliBornSoonerBred
8/11/2010, 11:21 AM
As far as hotels, I booked at the Sheraton Bricktown for the home opener through hotels.com. I got the rooms for around $80 a night when they show for $170 on the Sheraton website. I've heard they are a little above average but I just like the location and the price is the same as most places that are of lesser quality around OKC.

zeke
8/11/2010, 11:36 AM
Had a buddy tell me that they decided to get a room instead of driving home after a game. All hotels were booked & someone suggested trying this
http://cc.nced.com/
They were able to get a room and said it was very nice.

soonerborn30
8/11/2010, 11:40 AM
That place isn't too terribly far from Campus, either.

soonerboomer93
8/11/2010, 01:58 PM
No ideas for hotels, but NP and I and a few others got four tickets together to the Tech blowout a few years ago for $125 each, but we had to search forever to find them outside the stadium. Many were jacking up prices to the $200-$300 each range. Of course, that game would have been totally worth it, but only if you could afford it :)

I would imagine that unless FSU lays an egg in its creampuff opener a la Appalachian State, you can look forward to similar price gouging before FSU. You should be able to find $150 tickets easily, but lower than that, not sure before kickoff.

I think I paid $150 for that game

it was worth every single ****ing penny

oh, and nced is decent and a good price

yermom
8/11/2010, 02:24 PM
nced is where the team stays, unless they have changed...

i've always heard it was expensive though. all that lazy postal worker overhead ;)

oudavid1
8/11/2010, 10:46 PM
I have been going to games for 10 years and im from way NW OKC (122nd st and County Line rd) and we always go wheels up around 3 hours before launch and get there just fine. Only time we are late(miss the pride :( ) is when we leave late.

Soonerntxs
8/12/2010, 09:01 AM
nced is where the team stays, unless they have changed...

i've always heard it was expensive though. all that lazy postal worker overhead ;)

We stay there almost every home game. $99.00 + Tax & a free breakfast buffet in the am. (small rooms though w/ queen beds)

C&CDean
8/12/2010, 09:37 AM
Reasons to stay at the NCED in Norman:

1. It's the team hotel.
2. It's relatively cheap, and the breakfast can't be beat.
3. It's ~3 miles from the stadium.
4. They provide a shuttle if you want it.
5. Always rooms available - it's the largest hotel in the state (950+ rooms).
6. Right on Highway 9 and easy to find.
7. Clean.
8. World-class fitness and recreation facilities.
9. Nice lounge with drink specials daily.
10. Kids are now welcome.
11. Very good food, and even a late-night serving.

Reasons not to stay:

1. Queen beds in every room. No Kings available.

If anyone is interested in a room, you can peem me and I might be able to get you a discounted rate.

btk108
8/12/2010, 02:17 PM
Dean is getting a cut....

C&CDean
8/12/2010, 02:19 PM
I wish.