PDA

View Full Version : So what is the best road game to attend this year?????

IslandSooner
8/10/2010, 09:36 PM
I am thinking Columbia, their homecoming????

JLEW1818
8/10/2010, 09:39 PM
I'd pick Cincinnati if i could get off work...

next year Tallahassee for sure.

IslandSooner
8/10/2010, 09:42 PM
Cincy would be cool...... The Jungle......

olevetonahill
8/10/2010, 09:44 PM
The Posse planning a road trip to Cincy , if we can get enough to commit

IronSooner
8/10/2010, 10:02 PM
I'll be going to Cincy.

Been to Columbia twice. Pretty drive it you go up I44 through Lake of the Ozarks. Stadium's not that great although the press box looks good. Campus is nice, though I still like OU's more

Sooner24
8/10/2010, 10:05 PM
Cincinnati doesn't do anything for me so my road trip this year is to Green Bay baby!!!!

Shakadoodoo
8/10/2010, 10:32 PM
I'm going to wait and go to what ever bowl game we go to.

Soonerus
8/10/2010, 10:39 PM
OU vs tx...

oudavid1
8/10/2010, 11:06 PM
OU vs tx...

Oh, of course!!!!!!!

I'll be going to Cincy.

Lucky, your gonna see a heck of a game

Been to Columbia twice. Pretty drive it you go up I44 through Lake of the Ozarks. Stadium's not that great although the press box looks good. Campus is nice, though I still like OU's more

good info, cant wait for Norman to get a new press box. I heard thats next on the agenda.

ouwasp
8/10/2010, 11:11 PM
heh.... surprised nobody has said the Big XII champ game in Dallas, or offered up the obligatory MNC game.....:)

yankee
8/10/2010, 11:26 PM
i'd like to experience a game at that backwards-*** school of texas aggy. loud, loud stadium...but i don't know if i could take all those weird-*** chants and whooping they do. buncha f'n weirdos down there.

soonerborn30
8/10/2010, 11:43 PM
Kyle was fun. I went in '06 when Franny decided to not hand the ball to the fat kid and we beat them by 1. The infamous 12th man situation happened at that game too. I was so nervous I almost threw up on the Aggie in front of me. A word of warning: the people on the row directly behind me (Sooners) had 3 different sets of Ags come to their seats and say they were theirs. Long story short the dumbarse Aggies had sold the same seats to no less than 4 different sets of people. Nice.

The whoops and cheers and stuff is weird, but the swaying thing they do is pretty cool-looking. The dumdum next to me tried to strongarm me into doing it. I just told him that was his tradition, not mine. He looked at me like I shot his favorite huntin' dog. Oh, and people will say "Howdy" to you. A lot. And if you don't say it back, they'll act like you're Barack Obama.

texaspokieokie
8/11/2010, 08:29 AM
Baylor

sooneron
8/11/2010, 08:43 AM
I thought about cincy, but flights were more to fly there :confused: than to okc. So, looks like I may hit a home game this year instead.

SoonerAtKU
8/11/2010, 08:50 AM
I've never been to Cincinnati other than their airport, which is awful. I'd like to see the city, and this is a pretty great opportunity.

yukonsooner
8/11/2010, 08:57 AM
We're set for all except tx and osu, can't get tickets that we can afford. Going to Cincy, but flying into Louisville. It's 2 hrs from Cincy, but the price difference in flights was considerable. Can't wait for the season to start.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/11/2010, 09:06 AM
Waco. Baylor is always a fine weekend...

texaspokieokie
8/11/2010, 09:31 AM
it's nice in waco. wife & i have been to 4 of the last 5 ou games there.

The Ghost of Mex
8/11/2010, 09:35 AM
heh.... surprised nobody has said the Big XII champ game in Dallas, or offered up the obligatory MNC game.....:)

Yes...I’ll be wintering in Tempe this year...bank on it.

Rocko
8/11/2010, 10:12 AM
Nice in Waco? The city has the highest crime rate per capita in the state...

texaspokieokie
8/11/2010, 10:21 AM
nobody committed any crimes on us.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/11/2010, 10:31 AM
nobody committed any crimes on us.
Same here...

Nice Hotel, nice meals, ate with the coaches after one game (You know, couple of tables over...;)) and a nice leisurely 3 hour drive from Houston. And they have beer goblets!!!

badger
8/11/2010, 11:06 AM
RRS, because we are gonna win this year!

Bowl game, because we are gonna win that too!

After that, Cincy and Aggie might be fun. Poke might be fun too, but you'll have to buy season tickets to get into that game.

CaliBornSoonerBred
8/11/2010, 11:39 AM
I'll have to say A&M will be by the time it rolls around. They have a legit shot to have 1 or 0 losses by that point and could be HUGE for us. I'm looking forward to it the most bc I listen to these stupid arse aggs talk crap about my crimson way too much. I'll go to Waco bc it's close and of course the BEST "road game".....RRS......because we beat their arse BAAAD this year.

badger
8/11/2010, 11:53 AM
I'll have to say A&M will be by the time it rolls around. They have a legit shot to have 1 or 0 losses by that point and could be HUGE for us. I'm looking forward to it the most bc I listen to these stupid arse aggs talk crap about my crimson way too much. I'll go to Waco bc it's close and of course the BEST "road game".....RRS......because we beat their arse BAAAD this year.

Aggies have good reason to talk crap on OU lately - we have completely and utterly embarrassed A&M and their football program ever since :rcmad: got fired.

Fran's first year - we win 77-0 at home.
Fran's second year - they were up two touchdowns off faked punt/field goal and we still beat them in College Station
Fran's third year - 36-30 we win again at home.
Fran's fourth year - a picture says a thousand words!
http://i36.tinypic.com/1j71as.jpg
Fran's finale - 42-14 win at home
Shermanator's grand opening - 66-28 win at Kyle Field.
Last year - 65-10 we win at home. In an off-year for us?! heh.

They have come close a few times, only to be heartbroken. The rest of the times they were just embarrassed. Heartbroken and embarrassed. They might hate us more than the school they call "TU" in a few years.

w0lfe
8/11/2010, 12:23 PM
Kyle field

PalmBeachSooner
8/11/2010, 12:43 PM
it's nice in waco. wife & i have been to 4 of the last 5 ou games there.

Yep. I am definitely going to the Baylor game. The kids love it 'cause the players interact with them on their way from and to the locker room.

You can pick up cheap tickets and then move down.

yermom
8/11/2010, 01:26 PM
Texas, if you've never been. although that's not a real road game

i'd have to say Cincy, but i've already been to all the other places we are going this year

Mizzou was a decent trip. we went to some Italian place right off campus after the game and saw some of the OSU/Nebraska game and Al broadcasting from there. seemed like you were on your own for parking. we hiked great distances

College Station is always fun. find the Maroon tailgate bus. they always have good stuff there.

Baylor. well, the tickets are always cheap. not too far from Dallas where i have places to crash :D

Stoolwater is always tough to play in. i've usually gotten tickets for face. don't let the Aggies screw you with student tickets. the upgrade is pretty harsh. tickets are higher, but you don't have to stay there if you are coming from the OKC metro, so i guess it kinda makes up for it

badger
8/11/2010, 01:29 PM
I definitely recommend Waco, not for the atmosphere or anything, but because the tix are cheap and the legroom is plentiful

stoops the eternal pimp
8/11/2010, 01:53 PM
watching Patrick Fletcher breakdance outside of the lockerroom was allsome at Waco

texaspokieokie
8/11/2010, 02:49 PM
the folks in Waco are nice.

you can pretty much count on a win.

it's only about half as far as norman.

Floyd Casey is small,but nice.

OU fans outnumber Baylor fans.

cjames317
8/11/2010, 10:46 PM
Collietown is always fun with my ag buddy.