PDA

View Full Version : Who here dips or Chews?

setem
8/10/2010, 05:15 PM
What do you put in your lip?

I enjoy Grizzly Wintergreen and Strait. I like Copenhagen too.

I am also a chewer, I like me a Days Work plug or Beech-Nut.

royalfan5
8/10/2010, 07:48 PM
I used to dip Skoal Winter Green fine cut, but haven't for 5 years or so.

pilobolus
8/12/2010, 02:38 PM
Copenhagen, but I watched one of those Tobacco Awareness programs today, and the part about the guy getting a new jaw from the bone and skin of his leg made me want to quit. Later on he started growing leg hair inside his mouth.

C&CDean
8/12/2010, 02:53 PM
I quit cocaine, weed, acid, speed, downers, cigarettes, and dip on the same day in 1986. Kicking the dip habit was by far the hardest. I used to do Skoal and Redman at the same time, and when partying, would also be smoking a Kool filter king or a Camel straight. Yeah buddy, I was one cool mother****er man. Meh.

Quit the nasty habit now while you're young. Yes, it's tough, but it's damn sure worth it.

Mississippi Sooner
8/13/2010, 11:33 AM
I dipped for almost 30 years, but one morning I woke up and realized that if my gums continued to recede at their present rate, my teeth were likely to start falling out on their own. I threw the can in the trash and haven't bought another one in over a year since. I do help keep Wrigley's in business, though.

Fraggle145
8/13/2010, 11:36 AM
I havent had a dip since monday, It ****ing sucks. I do chew some of the nicotine gum right now. ****ing sucks.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/13/2010, 11:37 AM
I have never done either..but I do **** and ****...one more than the other

SteelClip49
8/13/2010, 12:17 PM
Big League Chew

Curly Bill
8/13/2010, 01:18 PM
Both are nasty-assed habits that I don't understand how anyone ever starts in the first place.

StoopTroup
8/13/2010, 01:54 PM
I quit cocaine, weed, acid, speed, downers, cigarettes, and dip on the same day in 1986. Kicking the dip habit was by far the hardest. I used to do Skoal and Redman at the same time, and when partying, would also be smoking a Kool filter king or a Camel straight. Yeah buddy, I was one cool mother****er man. Meh.

Quit the nasty habit now while you're young. Yes, it's tough, but it's damn sure worth it.

I had to start smoking again to quit dipping. You are right though. Quit now. Smoking, dipping etc.....it's really bad for you.

Being cool and not addicted to something is a much better way to go IMO.

Mississippi Sooner
8/13/2010, 02:07 PM
Both are nasty-assed habits that I don't understand how anyone ever starts in the first place.

I can tell you why I did. I was about 12 years old, and I could legally go to the store and buy it. I grew up surrounded by cowboys and oil field workers who all did it, and we had Walt Garrison and Earl Campbell on tv telling us it was not only a cool thing to do, it was safer than cigarettes.

At least these days the kids don't have nearly that much peer pressure. I wish I never did.

Curly Bill
8/13/2010, 02:12 PM
I can tell you why I did. I was about 12 years old, and I could legally go to the store and buy it. I grew up surrounded by cowboys and oil field workers who all did it, and we had Walt Garrison and Earl Campbell on tv telling us it was not only a cool thing to do, it was safer than cigarettes.

At least these days the kids don't have nearly that much peer pressure. I wish I never did.

Yeah, I do remember those commercials. Maybe if I'd been older at the time I'd have been tempted as well.

...or maybe not - my dad smoked, and I remember thinking that was nasty and not something that interested me.

I guess I was just destined for clean living. :D

BHB 91
8/13/2010, 11:56 PM
I have not had a smoke in 3 years. Hard to quit but glad I did. So is my wife and the girls. I always went outside and never smoked around them but I know it was a relief to see me stop. I was 1 month away from my 40th birthday and figured it was time to stop.

delhalew
8/14/2010, 12:03 AM
My grandpa and his chewing drove me away for life. I love the way a pouch of chew smells though.
I smoke like a fuggin freight train. I was coffee that got me smokin'.

pilobolus
8/16/2010, 12:24 PM

Plus back then they made Happy Days snuff to help ease newbies into the harder stuff eventually.

GrapevineSooner
8/16/2010, 12:56 PM
I like ranch dip.

Pogue Mahone
8/16/2010, 01:28 PM
I did it for 20 years. Copenhagen without a spit cup, mostly. My OU roommates would bet me $20 I couldn't dip and not throw up. After winning about $200, I had a nasty habit that ultimately cost me 100 times that.

I quit with nicotine gum. I chewed as much as I needed for two weeks, then I'd cut that 1mg a day till I was done. It took about six weeks. And five years later, I stopped having any nicotine cravings whatsoever. Yeah, five years. I used to blame my bad breath on my espresso habit.

salth2o
8/16/2010, 04:21 PM
I quit dipping 14 years ago.

soonermix
8/16/2010, 04:25 PM
grizzly snuff

proud gonzo
8/16/2010, 08:38 PM
My great uncle chewed his whole life. His head was covered with gigantic tumors and his teeth were rotted out. I'd never understand why anyone would start such a disgusting habit.

I would never, even if you paid me a billion dollars, kiss someone who chews tobacco.

olevetonahill
8/16/2010, 08:52 PM

I agree with ya CB

My great uncle chewed his whole life. His head was covered with gigantic tumors and his teeth were rotted out. I'd never understand why anyone would start such a disgusting habit.

I would never, even if you paid me a billion dollars, kiss someone who chews tobacco.

I cant stand the MoFos spittin around me all the time
Bastards would come in my shop and spit that **** right in my shop floor . I threatened to whoop more than One *** over that .
Hell there are even wimmens around here that do it .

Al Gore
8/16/2010, 09:07 PM
I agree.....

Turd_Ferguson
8/16/2010, 09:27 PM
I've dipped since I was 6. I started cause of my Dad, Uncles & cousins. Had the typical Purcell redneck upbringing. I've never tried to quit for whatever reason. It's become a pain in the ***. I probably could've paid off my mortgage with the amount of money I've spent on snuff over the last 20 yrs. I still have a healthy head full of teef cause I know how to take care of them. I know I need to quit because its not healthy. I'll cross that bridge soon enough. However, I think cigarettes are much more foul than chewing tobacco. Just say'n.

JLEW1818
8/16/2010, 09:30 PM
my gums started to recede from grizzly wintergreen

google gum graft.

quit now.

proud gonzo
8/16/2010, 11:06 PM
I've dipped since I was 6. I started cause of my Dad, Uncles & cousins. Had the typical Purcell redneck upbringing. I've never tried to quit for whatever reason. It's become a pain in the ***. I probably could've paid off my mortgage with the amount of money I've spent on snuff over the last 20 yrs. I still have a healthy head full of teef cause I know how to take care of them. I know I need to quit because its not healthy. I'll cross that bridge soon enough. However, I think cigarettes are much more foul than chewing tobacco. Just say'n.

really? You think smoking is worse than spitting your nasty tobacco juice and germs all over the damn place? granted it spreads its stank worse than chewing tobacco, but i don't think that makes it less disgusting.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/16/2010, 11:25 PM
What do you put in your lip?

I enjoy Grizzly Wintergreen and Strait. I like Copenhagen too.

I am also a chewer, I like me a Days Work plug or Beech-Nut.

Not sure I want to see the kind of woman you date. When you're on top and drool a little in her face does she call you her little "grasshopper"?

Nevermind... I don't want to know.