PDA

View Full Version : My Scooter Was Stolen

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 03:30 PM
Some piece of mother f'ing scum bucket ******* stole my scooter. I'd like to shoot the rotten piece of **** in the spine and let him be fed from a tube the rest of his life. Rot in hell and die of aids you son of a bitch.

I usually keep the thing locked up tight, but I was changing the oil and didn't lock it up last night. The one f'ing night I didn't lock it up.

God f'ing christ I hate thieves. I hate hate hate thieves. If I see the SOB driving around town on the scooter, I'm chasing his *** down and knocking him off it. It'll tear the scooter up but maybe I'll have the satisfaction of turning him into a paraplegic.

GKeeper316
8/10/2010, 03:32 PM
chances are pretty good you'll find it parked outside your local gay bar.

olevetonahill
8/10/2010, 03:35 PM
Have you filed a PoPo report ?
Have insurance ?

sooner_born_1960
8/10/2010, 03:35 PM
Sorry to hear that, SicEm. At least it was insured, right?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/10/2010, 03:36 PM
sorry guy..that sucks

Breadburner
8/10/2010, 03:43 PM
He did you a favor.....Look for some guy in a Boa.....

oumartin
8/10/2010, 03:43 PM
Probably parked in front of Weinie Hut Juniors.

or go look and see if some local pre-teen picked it up and tossed it in the dumpster.

OULenexaman
8/10/2010, 03:49 PM
being traded for crack right about now....

Okla-homey
8/10/2010, 03:52 PM
Some piece of mother f'ing scum bucket ******* stole my scooter. I'd like to shoot the rotten piece of **** in the spine and let him be fed from a tube the rest of his life. Rot in hell and die of aids you son of a bitch.

I usually keep the thing locked up tight, but I was changing the oil and didn't lock it up last night. The one f'ing night I didn't lock it up.

God f'ing christ I hate thieves. I hate hate hate thieves. If I see the SOB driving around town on the scooter, I'm chasing his *** down and knocking him off it. It'll tear the scooter up but maybe I'll have the satisfaction of turning him into a paraplegic.

Damn, I was off by several months! I gotta search for that post predicting same.

Boomer.....
8/10/2010, 03:55 PM
That sucks! Sorry to hear that SicEm.

Okla-homey
8/10/2010, 03:59 PM
Sic,
When you get a replacement, here's a tip; roll it inside your apartment at night.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/10/2010, 04:07 PM
The thought of SicEm on his bicycle with his helmet on, knee pads and elbow pads pedalling as fast as he can to catch up with scooter thief is just priceless.

47straight
8/10/2010, 04:09 PM
In all seriousness, though I have my doubts about whether you're serious, I would watch the heck out of craigslist in your area and in surrounding metro areas for the next month or so. You really can't count on the police to solve it, unfortunately.

PDXsooner
8/10/2010, 04:11 PM
Sounds like you need to roll a fat one, listen to some great tunes, crack a cold beer, and relax.

badger
8/10/2010, 04:16 PM
I've had a scooter stolen too. I would love to keep you optimistic, but let's be realistic instead - you're not going to see your scooter again. It's already repainted or junked for parts or any pieces of copper attached to it.

I had multiple locks on a scooter I had in college, I even had a cheapo bike that I wrapped around it. They broke every lock on it and it was gone one night when I was out at the library (the real one, not the bar one) some night.

Sorry that it happened. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Scott D
8/10/2010, 04:17 PM
sucks for you...but really in this environment is it really a surprise?

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 04:17 PM
Have you filed a PoPo report ?
Have insurance ?

Yep. The Cop was a moron. I told him it was silver 10 times and he kept writing down, "blue." Then I asked him for an email address so I could send a couple of pics of the scooter and he said, "Oh we don't have e-mail."

I'm not sure if my insurance covers theft or not. They're my next call. The thing is, they didn't have a key so they'd have had to rolled it out and it was there early this morning.

I called all the locksmiths and cycle shops in town in case they bring it in to try and have a key made or something.

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 04:18 PM
sucks for you...but really in this environment is it really a surprise?

Nope, not with this city's demographics.

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 04:19 PM
The thought of SicEm on his bicycle with his helmet on, knee pads and elbow pads pedalling as fast as he can to catch up with scooter thief is just priceless.

I still have my truck and if I find them driving around then I am going to side swipe them.

badger
8/10/2010, 04:26 PM
I still have my truck and if I find them driving around then I am going to side swipe them.

Nah, chase 'em in your pink jumpsuit.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/punchout_bike.jpg

btk108
8/10/2010, 04:41 PM

OK...that was funny.....but have a little heart.

btk108
8/10/2010, 04:42 PM

Bet you were one of the contributors to thread making fun of the blind girl in Boise's States Band, huh? :P

Curly Bill
8/10/2010, 04:42 PM

If you're in a truck and they're on a scooter why not just run over them?

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 05:08 PM
If you're in a truck and they're on a scooter why not just run over them?

That's what I meant, but not front on because I don't want the scooter to get all tangled up under my truck.

It'd destroy the scooter, but like I said I'd get some satisfaction out of putting the guy into the hospital.

Curly Bill
8/10/2010, 05:09 PM
You should contact those folks from Burn Notice - they live for dealing with punks like this.

Leroy Lizard
8/10/2010, 05:35 PM
When I wanted Demarcus Granger thrown off the team, were you on my side? Or were you on their side?

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 05:37 PM
When I wanted Demarcus Granger thrown off the team, were you on my side? Or were you on their side?

I don't venture up to the football forums too often unless it's Baylor related news. What did Granger do?

Leroy Lizard
8/10/2010, 05:37 PM
Man, you really don't go to the football forums much.

Chuck Bao
8/10/2010, 06:03 PM
I have honestly never had a bike stolen. Probably because mine wasn't worth much of anything. I have had my motorcycle engine stolen parked just outside Lumpini park in Bangkok with more than another 100 bikes when I used to jog early morning. Now, if someone decides to take out an engine in a bike in a crowded park, you'd think that there should be witnesses. But not a one. No deal. Just please be careful in accusing people or running them off the road.

GKeeper316
8/10/2010, 06:09 PM
Bet you were one of the contributors to thread making fun of the blind girl in Boise's States Band, huh? :P

i refrain from ridiculing people for conditions they have no control over. and i spent 2 summers life guarding at a camp for disabled kids.

being a scooter owner is a lifestyle choice... like being gay. or going to baylor. or worshiping cows.

soonerhubs
8/10/2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear that sic em.

49r
8/10/2010, 06:45 PM
20 pages.

49r
8/10/2010, 06:50 PM
Heck, there's already 14 pages of scooter threads on the SO. :D

XingTheRubicon
8/10/2010, 07:06 PM
Sorry, man. Put me in the beat thieves with a tire iron group.

KABOOKIE
8/10/2010, 07:15 PM
Have you looked in the basement of the Alamo?

Crucifax Autumn
8/10/2010, 07:21 PM
Have you looked in the basement of the Alamo?

Awesome!

XingTheRubicon
8/10/2010, 07:22 PM
the stars at night,

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 07:27 PM
The cops may have just found it! They showed up at the door wanting to know if I had a picture of it, because he thinks he just saw it on the back of a truck parked behind a church.

I gave him a pic and he's going to check it out now.

SunnySooner
8/10/2010, 07:27 PM
So sorry, SicEm honey, it just sucks. My house was broken into and robbed (all my jewelry except what I was wearing, which was basically just my wedding ring...poof!) and I hate a thief as well. I'm all for that hand-chopping thing they do in the "barbaric" countries, yeah, well, their **** doesn't get stolen either, now does it?

Crucifax Autumn
8/10/2010, 07:42 PM
Something about "parked behind a church" makes me laugh.

royalfan5
8/10/2010, 07:51 PM
7 bucks says it was a couple drunk males in their late teens to low twenties. They just can't resist doing **** like that. An additional 4 bucks says they left in the back of somebody's truck hoping it would get discovered.

Leroy Lizard
8/10/2010, 08:04 PM
Sic'em,

When you ride your scooter, do you hum "Born to be Wild"?

Okla-homey
8/10/2010, 08:12 PM
Sic,
If the cops did find it, remember what I told you about bringing it inside your crib when you aren't on it.

AlbqSooner
8/10/2010, 08:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Sicem. Hopefully the cops have located it. If not, before you sideswipe it remember that by now, the person riding it probably is NOT the person who stole it.

Crucifax Autumn
8/10/2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah, but they traded the thief a big *** crack rock for it.

olevetonahill
8/10/2010, 08:33 PM
Hes prolly down IDing it as we wait :D

KABOOKIE
8/10/2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah the f'ing pigs are probably the ones who stole it and before sic'em gets it back he'll have to pay a "city storage" fee.

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 08:55 PM
Sic,
If the cops did find it, remember what I told you about bringing it inside your crib when you aren't on it.

Good advice. I don't have an apartment, but I have a back door/patio area I can roll it into. It'll be a pain in the *** to get it back there, but well worth the effort at least for a few months.

olevetonahill
8/10/2010, 08:59 PM
Well was the one they found, it ?

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 09:01 PM
Well was the one they found, it ?

I haven't heard back from them yet. The cop saw the pics of my scooter and turned on his heels and jumped into his squad car.

Crucifax Autumn
8/10/2010, 09:33 PM
Be sure and show him the scratches. That will be the positive ID.

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 09:48 PM
Be sure and show him the scratches. That will be the positive ID.

They called. It wasn't mine. =(

Breadburner
8/10/2010, 09:54 PM
Does it have have a bumper sticker on it that says...."Horn blows so does the driver". If so I just saw it.....

Shakadoodoo
8/10/2010, 09:56 PM
I am surprised you have not blamed it on Obama yet.

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2010, 09:58 PM
I am surprised you have not blamed it on Obama yet.

You really have a very low understanding of my personal politics.

Shakadoodoo
8/10/2010, 10:02 PM
You really have a very low understanding of my personal politics.

You are right - I know nothing about your personal politics - All I know/think is that you like Reagan - I was just having a laugh though - I hope you find your bike!

SteelClip49
8/10/2010, 11:11 PM
is it a motorized scooter or a scooter you use your feet to push with to gain momentum?

SicEm....this is like PeeWee Herman trying to find his stolen bike. I see you as PeeWee easily.

On a serious note....I hope the fuggers get caught and serve some serious time. I don't care what was stolen...they deserve to be sentenced.

GrapevineSooner
8/10/2010, 11:22 PM
That was your Scooter, sic em?

My bad.

But at least a Baylor Alumnus beat Fruitbat tonight.

sooneron
8/10/2010, 11:58 PM
They called. It wasn't mine. =(

You mean there's more than one in your town?

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2010, 01:45 AM
That was your Scooter, sic em?

My bad.

But at least a Baylor Alumnus beat Fruitbat tonight.

What on Earth are you talking about?

Crucifax Autumn
8/11/2010, 04:44 AM
He's trying to be as ****in' cool and funny as 04. Unfortunately no one is that smart and witty.

btk108
8/11/2010, 07:53 AM
I have a back door area I can roll it into. It'll be a pain in the *** to get it back there, but well worth the effort.

That's what she said....or he said :D

sooneron
8/11/2010, 08:35 AM
That was a hanging curve over the middle...

texaspokieokie
8/11/2010, 09:12 AM
from what i hear, if it's gone more than a week, the "hell's angels" will revoke your membership.

picasso
8/11/2010, 09:20 AM
I would watch the heck out of craigslist in your area and in surrounding metro areas for the next month or so.

And for a hot piece of a$$.

picasso
8/11/2010, 09:21 AM
He's trying to be as ****in' cool and funny as 04. Unfortunately no one is that smart and witty.

You have a woody for Brando or what?

badger
8/11/2010, 11:00 AM
Hope you find it, really do, but Baylor's going to a bowl game this season, and they're gonna win it too, so God is putting you through the Book of Job trials. First the scooter gets stolen. Next, a Mangnolia tree is going to magically spring up in your front yard, only to get chopped down by your landlord, leaving a horrific, ugly stump. Then, you're going to get chicken pox the week you scheduled a hot date with a cute blond chick who loves football as much as you do.

And then, Baylor goes bowling :D

Sooner24
8/11/2010, 05:09 PM
http://mortar.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5bd653ef0120a5745c6e970c-400wi

Sic'Em heard the guy that stole his bike hid it in the basement of the Alamo.

Here's Sic'Em arriving to get his bike back.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R2yHiPgsajA/SpAo5lrQJJI/AAAAAAAABv8/3yBpBWNFpwU/s400/peewee+alamo.bmp

But alas this nice lady informs him there is no basement in the Alamo.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/555Soulless/Myspace/Pee-WeesBigAdventureTina.jpg

But one good thing did come of all this. Now

Sic'Em now knows how to say "ADOBE".

Sooner24
8/11/2010, 05:11 PM
You have a woody for Brando or what?

It appears that way.

delhalew
8/11/2010, 06:15 PM
Sorry about the scooter, Sic'em.

OUHOMER
8/12/2010, 10:39 AM
you would think the police would have tried to match the VIn # instead of doing by pictures.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2010, 12:05 PM
you would think the police would have tried to match the VIn # instead of doing by pictures.

This. To be fair though, the VIN is somewhat hidden behind this little panel. I'm not sure anyone would know to look there.

Ike
8/12/2010, 12:07 PM
This. To be fair though, the VIN is somewhat hidden behind this little panel. I'm not sure anyone would know to look there.

I'd be surprised if the PoPo knew where to look for a VIN on a scooter.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2010, 12:11 PM
I'd be surprised if the PoPo knew where to look for a VIN on a scooter.

True. Although the solution to that isn't exactly complicated. It involves...you know...asking me, "Hey where is the VIN on your scooter?"

Ike
8/12/2010, 12:16 PM
True. Although the solution to that isn't exactly complicated. It involves...you know...asking me, "Hey where is the VIN on your scooter?"

after watching you try to describe changing the oil, I don't know that this would have been an effective solution....

swardboy
8/12/2010, 06:44 PM
Ugh...the feeling of being violated sucks when you're the victim of theft. Sorry SicEm

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2010, 06:46 PM
Ugh...the feeling of being violated sucks when you're the victim of theft. Sorry SicEm

I appreciate that a great deal.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2010, 06:53 PM
Evidently, I only had liability insurance. I would have sworn under oath that I had purchased comprehensive insurance, but I guess I was trying to save a few bucks. :sigh:

When it rains it pours, ya know? I'm tired of nothing ever going the right way for me. Everything from my dad having his problems and losing everything we've ever owned to having to leave school and the place that I loved along with all my friends to this....In the past 2 years, nothing and I mean N.O.T.H.I.N.G. has turned out well for me. Having my scooter stolen is just the cherry on top I guess.

Sometimes when you wake up in the morning it makes you wonder what the point of another day is. I'm just really tired of everything. There's nobody to blame but myself I suppose (for some of it), but this isn't how I envisioned my life. I had always planned to have my M.A. by now and working on the hill or as a campaign consultant. The real shame is that the one thing I know how to do is something I can't do until I have a piece of paper proving that I can.

I don't know at this point I'd consider myself the luckiest guy in the world if I could just get through school and ended up teaching HS Civics or History. At one time I'd rather have slit my wrists than do that, but I just want SOMETHING tangible to show.

Forgive my ranting. It has nothing to do with scooter aside from the scooter being the straw that may have broke the camel's back. FML.

swardboy
8/12/2010, 07:00 PM
Hey dude, you've given us countless hours of epic posts. You are Legend. And you've got something most people muddle through life without: A dream. Hang on. THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

StoopTroup
8/12/2010, 07:06 PM
After reading all that...I need a Zima.

olevetonahill
8/12/2010, 07:09 PM
Good luck Bro
Maybe the PoPo will find it.

Curly Bill
8/12/2010, 07:36 PM
Hang in there Sic, think how good you're gonna feel come election time when the donks get their asses handed to them. :D

StoopTroup
8/12/2010, 07:40 PM
The world will be saved once the Bush Tax cuts are extended. Then you'll have enough money to buy comprehensive insurance from Flo.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2010, 07:42 PM
The world will be saved once the Bush Tax cuts are extended. Then you'll have enough money to buy comprehensive insurance from Flo.

I went with the lizard.

StoopTroup
8/12/2010, 07:47 PM
Voldemort controls the lizard. Dean should have warned you IMO. :D

Chuck Bao
8/12/2010, 07:49 PM
Hey dood! You'll be just fine. Have faith that things will soon start turning around for you. Soon you'll be back in school and eventually advising political candidates. Clearly, many of them need better advisors.

I am hoping for the very best for you.

Ike
8/12/2010, 08:33 PM
Sic, no offense, but very few people have their life turn out the way they thought it would or wanted it too. Plans change. Life doesn't just throw curveballs from time to time. It throws beanballs, brushbacks, and sometimes 396 pitches at you all at once.

As one of my favorite Lennon songs goes: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans".
Stop making plans, and start doing. You can't control everything, so try to enjoy the things you can control. Who cares if you've got that piece of paper? It's just a piece of paper. Most likely, there's a way to get to where you want without it...or at least get you close (and with enough cash) that you can go and get the piece of paper sometime along the way.

I've got a ton more cliches I can throw at you too if you want em.

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2010, 09:12 PM
THE COPS FOUND MY SCOOTER TODAY!!!!

Yes, sir, the scooter has been recovered. They were even nice enough to load it up on a city truck and deliver it to the house. It's recovered, but it's in awful condition. They ripped out the ignition system trying to hotwire it, they destroyed the gas cap lock, they pried open the seat to get inside and destroyed that, and there are numerous cracks and other damage.

It looks horrible. BUT, I got it back.

The cops said it was hidden in a back yard. He didn't tell me what address, but he told me what street it was on. So, I got in the car and went to look at the place. Very low income trashy/gang looking type area with uh ethnic/urban sorts of people....surprise surprise they'd steal something. :eyeroll:

Anyway, I'll post some pics of it tomorrow. It looks bad and isn't even close to being able to run, but at least I have it back. There's a certified dealership in Jackson, so I'll see if they can fix it and how much damage I'm looking at.

olevetonahill
12/2/2010, 09:17 PM
Did you not have any insurance a tall ?
Glad ya got it back. they gonna prosecute the Dbag ?

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2010, 09:25 PM
Did you not have any insurance a tall ?
Glad ya got it back. they gonna prosecute the Dbag ?

Yeah, liability only. I thought I had comprehensive, but believe it or not I'm a moron. I cancelled it about 3 weeks after it was stolen.

They didn't catch who stole it. It was evidently in the back yard of what they called a "run down house." So, I'm thinking someone knew the house was empty and decided to hide it there. My guess is that the cops were called out there for something else and they just happened to stumble upon the scooter, because there is no way anyone would have spotted that thing unless they were looking around back there.

I Am Right
12/2/2010, 09:36 PM
That sucks

GottaHavePride
12/2/2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah, liability only. I thought I had comprehensive, but believe it or not I'm a moron. I cancelled it about 3 weeks after it was stolen.

Wait, so you had comprehensive coverage at the time the scooter was stolen and cancelled it later? Sounds to me like they should still pay up.

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2010, 09:56 PM
Wait, so you had comprehensive coverage at the time the scooter was stolen and cancelled it later? Sounds to me like they should still pay up.

No no...I never had comprehensive just liability. I was just saying I cancelled that after 3 weeks.

GottaHavePride
12/2/2010, 10:08 PM
Oh, gotcha.

soonerinabilene
12/2/2010, 11:21 PM
dude, full coverage on a bike is like, what, 4 extra bucks a month?that sucks man.

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2010, 11:49 PM
dude, full coverage on a bike is like, what, 4 extra bucks a month?that sucks man.

Yeah, I would have paid it had I known I didn't have comprehensive. I just didn't pay enough attention to the little details. ;)

Dio
12/3/2010, 10:14 AM
Am I the only one who read this:

THE COPS FOUND MY COOTER TODAY!!!!

The
12/3/2010, 10:24 AM
You know that scooter was used to run drugs and ferry prostitutes. Odds are someone will recognize it, and kill you for drugs/hookers.

Adrian
12/3/2010, 10:25 AM
You know that scooter was used to run drugs and ferry prostitutes. Odds are someone will recognize it, and kill you for drugs/hookers.

We can only hope...

I Am Right
12/3/2010, 11:57 AM
Insurance, its a wonderful thing!

47straight
12/3/2010, 11:59 AM
File suit in small claims against the owner/resident of the house. When they don't respond, get a SJ and a lien.

badger
12/3/2010, 12:25 PM
I can't wait to see the pictures... but yeah, glad you found it. I had a $500 (or so) scooter stolen my last year living on campus. Was only gone a few hours to the library when the locks got snipped, broken and bye bye.

I was upset then because I was broke, but good lesson in the long run to not leave sh!t unattended, even for a moment. I haven't had anything major stolen again, so hope the same for you :)

I Am Right
12/3/2010, 12:31 PM
Ssic, do you belong to a scooter club?

SunnySooner
12/3/2010, 01:01 PM
Glad they found it, SicEm, but you may be better off just buying a new one, that much repair sounds pricey. Maybe they could find some salvaged parts? Way cheaper than brand new. Good luck!!!

NormanPride
12/3/2010, 01:21 PM
Kick ***, SicEm. Maybe we can turn this into a character building event where you learn to be an awesome mechanic by fixing up your scooter?

:D

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2010, 01:22 PM
Kick ***, SicEm. Maybe we can turn this into a character building event where you learn to be an awesome mechanic by fixing up your scooter?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

OUinFLA
12/3/2010, 01:23 PM
...I usually keep the thing locked up tight, but I was changing the oil and didn't lock it up last night. The one f'ing night I didn't lock it up........

Sorry folks, that right there should have told us that this is a SicEm imposter.

Ike
12/3/2010, 01:23 PM
Hope you didn't toss away the key thinking you'd never see it again...

Cause that would suck.

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2010, 01:33 PM

Cause that would suck.

Nope. In fact, I kept the key on my keychain just in case I saw it parked somewhere. I was going to jack that badboy from whoever jacked it from me!

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2010, 02:22 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1230.snc4/156268_475909313483_511923483_5525162_605645_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs569.ash2/149173_475909108483_511923483_5525157_3558724_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs597.ash2/154991_475909478483_511923483_5525165_7161549_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs049.snc4/34824_475909233483_511923483_5525160_3494779_n.jpg

RacerX
12/3/2010, 04:34 PM
That'll buff right out

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2010, 04:36 PM
lol

NormanPride
12/3/2010, 04:44 PM
Just a flesh wound!

The
12/3/2010, 04:47 PM
That's one Ghetto Scooter

Pricetag
12/3/2010, 05:37 PM

He has to make sure to pick a good montage song for the fix up.

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2010, 05:39 PM
That's one Ghetto Scooter

Yep. Ghetto people doing what they do best -- making everything around them as trashy and ghetto as they are.

Bunch of useless bastards.

oumartin
12/3/2010, 06:03 PM
No way anyone with a set of balls ever drove that thing.

birddog
12/4/2010, 08:46 AM
i'd toss that in the trash can.

RacerX
12/4/2010, 09:08 AM
i'd toss that in the trash can.

It'd make a cool keychain.

texaspokieokie
12/4/2010, 10:00 AM

Cause that would suck.

don't need the key anymore, it's "hot-wired".