PDA

View Full Version : Updated Depth Chart: Stills starting

htownsooner7
8/10/2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html. Interesting that they already think that highly of him. Thoughts?

ndpruitt03
8/10/2010, 02:15 PM
With how he's played since coming here in the spring this isn't surprising. And outside of Broyles and maybe Miller our WRs weren't that good last year.

rawlingsHOH
8/10/2010, 02:22 PM
Such a loaded position!

setem
8/10/2010, 02:25 PM
Andre Wear said he have one of the best WR corps in the country!

How...I LIKE IT THOUGH!

HELLO!

MojoRisen
8/10/2010, 02:30 PM
Corey Brandon must be in the dog house.

cvsooner
8/10/2010, 02:39 PM
Chaisson listed as defensive end. Interesting, considering his personal woes. But also nice to see Adrian Taylor listed as a starter. Guess he didn't break the leg after all, reading interviews. It was a 'dislocated ankle.' It was one of the most gruesome injuries I've ever seen. Amazing that he's back so soon.

SoonerPr8r
8/10/2010, 02:42 PM
Madu listed as Murray's backup hmmmmm.....

Eielson
8/10/2010, 02:44 PM
Eric, Tyler, Ben, Stephen, and Donald. What a lame-named offensive line. :(

NOVSooner
8/10/2010, 02:52 PM
If no one were to get hurt or leave (hypothetically speaking) we only lose 2 on O and 4 on D to graduation! sorry, just thinkin ahead a little....

Mad Dog Madsen
8/10/2010, 02:57 PM

I don't care what their names are as long as they can block somebody this year...

OK2U
8/10/2010, 03:03 PM
some strange weights on this depth chart...
Aug. 4th roster lists Ratterree as 246
Aug. 10 depth chart lists him as 225.

SoonerLB
8/10/2010, 03:06 PM
some strange weights on this depth chart...
Aug. 4th roster lists Ratterree as 246
Aug. 10 depth chart lists him as 225.

With 2-a-days starting today, he could be under 200 by the end of the week! ;)

badger
So... who frets and analyzes this depth chart more - the players themselves or everyone here :D

icmwhOU72
here is the thing that interests me the most. J Nelson is listed at corner. He did really nicely at safety last year so to me, they are leaving the door wide open for tony jefferson to start. I think they feel more confident in nelsons ability at corner and jefferson at safety than they do nelson at corner and eith gabe or fleming at the corner opposite hurst. Another thing that is weird is that they have worts number wrong on that depth chart. And if i remember correctly, box was listed as the starter at mlb when the initial depth chart came out. There was just no denying wort. We have the bash bros. at lb this year.

OK2U
8/10/2010, 03:20 PM
Stoops updates the chart to motivate us here at soonerfans

gaylordfan1
8/10/2010, 03:32 PM
Yea, this thing will change a dozen more times before the season starts. Coach V used the depth chart to try to motivate T. Lewis at be beginning of '08.... Put him third on the list to make him work harder. So, maybe this is the intention of this list. No one really knows but the coaches and players.

The coaches have said that if a new corner doesn't emerge then Nelson will be taking the spot. If one does, then he will go back to safety. T. Jefferson was obviously brought in to be a safety. The last I read he was going to be used as our nickel LB (Claytons old position) in passing downs in place of R. Lewis. The one thing I've noticed is that the coaches are putting the players in different positions this fall to learn multiple roles so they all can utilize their talents a little better...examples are Jefferson, and R. Lewis at a hybrid stand up DE like Cody did at times.

I was surprised to see Madu at the 2nd RB spot. Makes me wonder whats up with Calhoun, injury or poor performance. But, it sounds like one or both of our frosh backs will be in there quite a bit.

The return team was a bit of a surprise with the exception to Broyles. Kenny and Hurst being return men? I don't really know anything about Hurst and his return abilities. Kenney did have a couple good runs after the catch. I read an article this morning that Murray will be returning some this year along with Trey Franks. So really, no one knows who is going to be where until the season starts.

BoulderSooner79
8/10/2010, 04:44 PM

And it's working. Only 1 glass of wine for me at dinner last night and I did an extra 2 push-ups (5 total) this morning.

Sam.England
8/10/2010, 04:51 PM
Lewis, Wort, Lewis!!!

Is going to be the most feared combo in the Nation!

prrriiide
8/10/2010, 04:53 PM

Tread lightly, stain...I happen have one of those names. :)

prrriiide
8/10/2010, 04:57 PM
Lewis, Wort, Lewis!!!

For those of you non brewers, wort is what you call unfermented beer. Just sayin'...

badger
8/10/2010, 05:21 PM

Some future offseason project can be a SF.com depth project... of course, that means no hottest chick poll. :D

gaylordfan1
8/10/2010, 05:26 PM
Some future offseason project can be a SF.com depth project... of course, that means no hottest chick poll. :D

:eek:

BoulderSooner79
8/10/2010, 05:28 PM
For those of you non brewers, wort is what you call unfermented beer. Just sayin'...

Many of us non-brewers know that - we're not non-drinkers :D

CaliBornSoonerBred
8/10/2010, 05:39 PM

I do have to say I'd take the "lame named O line" combo of Phil, George(Duke), Jon, Brandon, and Trent again :D

CrimsonJim
8/10/2010, 06:04 PM

I will be VERY surprised if Wort is not as dominant a LB as we have seen in these parts in a long time. That kid is a heat seeking missile!

cvsooner
8/10/2010, 06:12 PM
Lewis, Wort, Lewis!!!

Lewis, Lewis and Wort...sounds like a law firm.

oudavid1
8/10/2010, 06:19 PM
this is a big deal!

Hot Rod
8/10/2010, 07:13 PM
Cameron Kinney is our backup punter? Interesting.

AlbqSooner
8/10/2010, 07:52 PM
John Nimmo as holder. Isn't this like his 11th year?

ashley
8/10/2010, 07:55 PM
Wort would have started last year if he would have been healthy.

HBick
8/10/2010, 08:15 PM
I was under the impression that Stoops gave an interview right after signing day and was talking about Adrian Taylor, I could of sworn it was a spiral fracture and they weren't sure if he would be able to come back. Obviously he's back, but I thought it was confirmed as a break

TXBOOMER
8/10/2010, 08:33 PM
Corey Brandon must be in the dog house.

My thoughts exactly.

setem
8/10/2010, 09:04 PM

He is the Jason White of back up QB's and holders!

oudavid1
8/10/2010, 10:28 PM

I would give my testes to hold for OU.

I was the best holder in the history of Oklahoma High School football.

Shakadoodoo
8/10/2010, 10:37 PM
I would give my testes to hold for OU.
For real? damn!!!!

oudavid1
8/10/2010, 10:52 PM
For real? damn!!!!

OK maybe just one. I loved being a holder. All the fun, no responsibility

rawlingsHOH
8/10/2010, 11:20 PM

Until you eff one up, Romo.

gaylordfan1
8/10/2010, 11:24 PM

I was about to say, I would think it would be a pretty high stress job on ST.... second to being the actual kicker. At least the deep snapper has someone to fix his mistake.

cvsooner
8/10/2010, 11:39 PM
I was under the impression that Stoops gave an interview right after signing day and was talking about Adrian Taylor, I could of sworn it was a spiral fracture and they weren't sure if he would be able to come back. Obviously he's back, but I thought it was confirmed as a break

Hard to argue with the guy it happened to (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100808_92_B1_OUsAdr897561):

"NORMAN — Adrian Taylor wants to set the record straight.

"I did not break my leg. Let's get that clear," the Oklahoma defensive tackle said Friday at OU media day. "Everybody put it in the media, everything, no, my leg was not broken. It was my ankle, and it was dislocated.

"Of course, you could see it was dislocated on the film. It was not facing the right way."

Bourbon St Sooner
8/11/2010, 12:06 PM

Well, Stephen is spelled with ph instead of v.