PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma vs Arkansas... What is this?

Soonermagik
8/10/2010, 08:25 AM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1109319

Half the players in the bottom of the article are committed to Tulsa, Kansas State etc.. What is this article talking about? We wouldn't be chasing 2 and 3 star recruits. Am I missing something?

rawlingsHOH
8/10/2010, 08:45 AM
Yes, you are. It isn't talking about Sooners vs Razorbacks. They are discussing high school football players in each state.

sooner518
8/10/2010, 08:45 AM
i think its talking about Oklahoma High School All STars versus Arky High school all stars.....

badger
8/10/2010, 08:47 AM
It is more of an Oklahoma State vs. Arkansas thing. There were a few Booker T standouts this past recruiting class that were originally OSU commits that wound up committing to the hogs (although at least one of them is juco'ing first). I think it really, really upset Poke fans that the commit switch for one of them happened on signing day.

Can't sign 'em all, but wish fewer went to the SEC (Tennessee and Arky, mostly)

TheHumanAlphabet
8/10/2010, 09:04 AM
Why is Tenn even a factor? I just don't get why anyone would want to go there?

Mad Dog Madsen
8/10/2010, 09:23 AM
Niiice! I would like to see this happen...

goingoneight
8/10/2010, 10:21 AM

Well, the last three years have been bad... but it's not like UT isn't a top tier program. Hell, they're WAY better than Arkincest and OSU.

TwoBits4
8/10/2010, 11:12 AM
self deleted

badger
8/10/2010, 11:15 AM
Two - he was on every cover for awhile there. When I first moved to Oklahoma in the summer of 2001, the first regionalized cover I got was of Texas QB Chrissy.

:P he probably holds all of those covers very near and dear, because he doesn't have any championship rings

Soonermagik
8/10/2010, 11:21 AM
Oh... I see. For some reason I was thinking players that were going to OU and Arkansas. I wasn't thinking High School Football.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/11/2010, 08:49 AM
Well, the last three years have been bad... but it's not like UT isn't a top tier program. Hell, they're WAY better than Arkincest and OSU.

I am not sure of that. But my Georgia upbringing may have a little to do with it. That being said. No one I have ever known ever said they wanted to go to the SEC UT. I have live in Arkie and Okie. Many want to go to both of those schools. Its like SEC UT is for Tennies only...

stoopified
8/12/2010, 06:25 PM
I am not sure of that. But my Georgia upbringing may have a little to do with it. That being said. No one I have ever known ever said they wanted to go to the SEC UT. I have live in Arkie and Okie. Many want to go to both of those schools. Its like SEC UT is for Tennies only...go 8 is deadon,below is team rankings,records:

Tennessee (9) 783-333-54 .692
Arkansas (21) 658-451-40 .590
oSu (67) 510-520-48 .495

birddog
8/12/2010, 09:57 PM
Oh... I see. For some reason I was thinking players that were going to OU and Arkansas. I wasn't thinking High School Football.

did you really read the whole article without figuring that out?:confused:

Shakadoodoo
8/12/2010, 10:18 PM

I have talked to both Robert Meachem and Jonathan Brown. They said that Tenn. treated them like superstars when I questioned them about not going to OU.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/13/2010, 01:53 AM
I have talked to both Jonathon Brown and Robert Meachem and Jonathan Brown. They said that Tenn. treated them like superstars when I questioned them about not going to OU.TN seems to get an OK in-state guy that we want at OU nearly every year. At least it's better than the guy going to lOSUr or the cows.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/13/2010, 09:12 AM
I have talked to both Robert Meachem and Jonathan Brown. They said that Tenn. treated them like superstars when I questioned them about not going to OU.

Interesting. I had never heard this. But then historically for me, SEC were UGA, 'Bammer and Aubie...Never heard much about Tenn. and if you aren't from Tenn, I don't think you hear much about the school. Plus it isn't like UT Chatt, Tenn Tech or Memphis are big D 1 schools (though some would argue Memphis...). Tenn is like the Bugeaters of the south...

Shakadoodoo
8/13/2010, 09:35 AM
Interesting. I had never heard this. But then historically for me, SEC were UGA, 'Bammer and Aubie...Never heard much about Tenn. and if you aren't from Tenn, I don't think you hear much about the school. Plus it isn't like UT Chatt, Tenn Tech or Memphis are big D 1 schools (though some would argue Memphis...). Tenn is like the Bugeaters of the south...

Many of our good Oklahoma kids get offended when OU does not recruit them as hard as they "feel they should be." Therefore we loose a lot of good kids as an act of revenge - so to speak - OU really did not recruit me very hard - until I took a recruiting trip to OSU. Then I was at an OU football game the very next week. OU told me they assumed I wanted to follow my brother to the Univ of Minn., which was way to cold for me! So I think schools like Tenn (as well as others) take advantage of this when they see OU not recruiting their their own kids - they come in and pick them up - which has worked out pretty well for them.