PDA

View Full Version : It is 0618 as I type this...

Okla-homey
8/10/2010, 06:20 AM
the light is just coming up.

And the messicans are already swinging hammers on a new house going up on my street

Just saying.

Breadburner
8/10/2010, 07:04 AM
Good for them....

Harry Beanbag
8/10/2010, 12:38 PM
Framers usually start working as early as possible in the summer, no matter what color or nationality they are.

XingTheRubicon
8/10/2010, 01:53 PM
and unemployment compensation for the "they do the work that we won't do" non mexicans has just been extended to 600 weeks.

Boomer.....
8/10/2010, 02:39 PM
I deal with the same thing. I leave the house by 6:45am and they are already hard at it. I hear them banging as I get ready. I guess you have to expect it when you move into a new addition.

Okla-homey
8/10/2010, 03:57 PM
I deal with the same thing. I leave the house by 6:45am and they are already hard at it. I hear them banging as I get ready. I guess you have to expect it when you move into a new addition.

I don't mind. It sounds like money to me.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/10/2010, 04:18 PM
We were one of the first to build a house in our addition, so that for several years afterward construction of the other houses continued.

I loved it. Something about the construction created a feeling of growth and prosperity. The opposite of rust-belt decay.

It's cool to notice the daily progress of the structure.

Now that the addition is fully built, I miss it.

When I think about this, I am reminded of the scene in Once Upon a Time in the West, when the Henry Fonda character, Frank, is shaving in a house near railroad construction. He positions himself by the window because he wants "...to see the railroad go up while I'm shaving."

Curly Bill
8/10/2010, 04:34 PM
Homey likes messicans...

...haven't we heard this story before?

Leroy Lizard
8/10/2010, 04:48 PM
I don't mind. It sounds like money to me.

Why? Is one of them going to suffer an on-the-job personal injury?

Leroy Lizard
8/10/2010, 04:49 PM
Homey likes messicans...

...haven't we heard this story before?

You noticed that too? When my little girl was 10 she really liked In-Sync. But she never took it to this level.

btk108
8/10/2010, 05:21 PM
Leroy is hurtin for a negggin......

Leroy Lizard
8/10/2010, 05:27 PM
Leroy is hurtin for a negggin......

As long as there's olevet, I will never be for lack of negggin.

olevetonahill
8/10/2010, 05:30 PM
As long as there's olevet, I will never be for lack of negggin.

I just like the reports that you send in from bolivia :D

Okla-homey
8/10/2010, 05:41 PM
We were one of the first to build a house in our addition, so that for several years afterward construction of the other houses continued.

I loved it. Something about the construction created a feeling of growth and prosperity. The opposite of rust-belt decay.

It's cool to notice the daily progress of the structure.

Now that the addition is fully built, I miss it.

When I think about this, I am reminded of the scene in Once Upon a Time in the West, when the Henry Fonda character, Frank, is shaving in a house near railroad construction. He positions himself by the window because he wants "...to see the railroad go up while I'm shaving."

BINGO!

Okla-homey
8/10/2010, 05:42 PM
Why? Is one of them going to suffer an on-the-job personal injury?

I don't do Work Comp. Dillweed.

Crucifax Autumn
8/10/2010, 07:27 PM
and unemployment compensation for the "they do the work that we won't do" non mexicans has just been extended to 600 weeks.

Where's that happening? The max in any state in the US is 99 weeks and most don't get that. You must be including England in this statement.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/10/2010, 07:34 PM
Where's that happening? The max in any state in the US is 99 weeks and most don't get that. You must be including England in this statement.

Are you riding out bad times in Vegas, Crucifax?

Crucifax Autumn
8/10/2010, 07:39 PM
Oh come on...Nevada's only at 14.5% unemployment! lol

and yeah...There are a lot of 99ers living on the street or with relatives.

Luckily I'm a bit more resourceful than that (I steal and sell scooters to supplement my income), but it's pretty tough here at the moment.

XingTheRubicon
8/11/2010, 03:53 PM

I couldn't find the exaggeration font

;)

Unemployment compensation should be limited to about 6 weeks max, if you haven't "found" work in 45 days, then up on Homey's neighbor's roof you go.

or starve, if you prefer.

Leroy Lizard
8/11/2010, 04:09 PM
How much is welfare paying these days? ;)

delhalew
8/11/2010, 04:23 PM
I would just like to point out that I visited the jobsite for my new home today and there was not an illegal within spitting distance. They were doing a fantastic job and I have never seen a house go up so quickly...America! ****Yeah!

Leroy Lizard
8/11/2010, 04:29 PM
delhalew's anecdote just disproved Homey's anecdote. This is going to get good.

delhalew
8/11/2010, 05:40 PM
It's gonna be bad assed house...for poor white trash like myself.
Excuse me, I meant working class hero.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/njG7p6CSbCU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/njG7p6CSbCU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

delhalew
8/11/2010, 05:44 PM
delhalew's anecdote just disproved Homey's anecdote. This is going to get good.

I didn't disprove anything. I just said my house is better than Homey's neighbors house, because it is being built by fine young American boys. In fact, my neighborhood is better, my town is better, my contractor is better, and my conscience is ****ing awesome.:D

Leroy Lizard
8/12/2010, 02:33 AM
A certain song by Madness comes to mind.