PDA

View Full Version : Charles Jackson

Tigeman
8/9/2010, 08:43 PM
Looks like FL is kind of telling the kid to kiss a$$, as they are holding out for an in-state kid. It was pretty much down to us and them, but that kind of leaves us as the winner! From the people I talk to down there, the kid just has the instincts to know where to be. If we can keep him from being TOO aggressive, the kid could turn out really good!

Charles Jackson ESPN profile (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=103324&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d103 324)

MojoRisen
8/10/2010, 08:18 AM
Would be a good pick up, what the latest scoop?

SoonerSoph
8/10/2010, 11:29 AM
High upside. He is a playmaker who will take chances... so that could either translate to OU or make him look silly sometimes, who knows. Some people are upset that he hasn't been as enthused about OU as other recruits. But as long as he ends up as a Sooner in the end I'll be happy.

Herr Scholz
8/10/2010, 12:29 PM
Good player.

NOVSooner
8/15/2010, 08:58 PM
Supposed to be deciding Monday.....between us, arkansas and florida....per scrolling on bottom of espn screen....

Tigeman
8/15/2010, 11:01 PM
Don't know where ESPN pulled Arkansas out of.

He said a week or so ago it was between us and Florida. He tried to commit to FL and FL wouldn't accept his commitment.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/16/2010, 09:12 AM
I have a good source that says Charles Jackson will be committing to OU. Just wait and see...

DakotaSooner
8/16/2010, 02:56 PM
What time today was he reportedly going to announce?

Herr Scholz
8/16/2010, 04:29 PM
Heard a rumor he's in the mix for an Army AA spot and it that's the case, he might wait and announce on national tv in Feb.

Tigeman
8/16/2010, 05:51 PM
After some digging w/ a friend today, there's a small chance he tries to hold out for a * offer. * had given him the cold shoulder due to room, but now that ASJ is leaning away from * and towards UW due to logistics. This potentially opens up another scholly. But all this depends on ASJ.

texaspokieokie
8/16/2010, 06:11 PM
at 4.64, he doesn't have blinding speed.

Herr Scholz
8/16/2010, 09:39 PM
ASJ is a Huskie.

Tigeman
8/16/2010, 11:58 PM
I've known that was coming for a week or 2 now, but didn't realize it was coming today or had already come when I posted that! LOL

Guess I should have read up a bit

Herr Scholz
8/17/2010, 12:13 AM
Good luck to the young man.

Tigeman
8/17/2010, 12:19 AM
Good luck to the young man.

Spoken better than most your bretheren! There seems to be some butthurt over that one! :D :pop:

Herr Scholz
8/17/2010, 01:47 PM
Spoken better than most your bretheren! There seems to be some butthurt over that one! :D :pop:

Well it seems that he had his mind made up to go to Washington as of 6/1 and then subsequently was shining us on. I think that's the reason some people are mad. No skin off my back.

Tigeman
8/17/2010, 02:01 PM
Read the whole transcript or listen to it, it was taken completely out of context.

The gist of it is, and I'm paraphrasing here, he felt in his heart that Washington was the place for him around June 1st (like the quote says), but he has always liked TX and wanted to be open and see if he still felt that way after a visit there. The second part of the quote is saying that even after taking the trip to TX and other schools, it wasn't going to change the feelings in his heart. You can't exactly knock the kid for choosing w/ his heart, and then some reporter taking his words out of context in order to rial up the home crowd.

Herr Scholz
8/17/2010, 02:43 PM
I personally don't think the kid was being disingenuous at all. I think he made the best decision for himself and his family and that's great. I don't think he was intentionally wasting anyone's time. I was just trying to explain how some Longhorn fans feel about it.

sooner518
8/18/2010, 07:42 AM
he probably got off the plane in Austin, felt the 110 heat index and thought to himself "why the **** would I ever leave 70 degree Seattle for this?! get me the hell out of here!"

MojoRisen
8/18/2010, 08:11 AM
Whats up with Jackson?

Herr Scholz
8/18/2010, 11:43 AM
he probably got off the plane in Austin, felt the 110 heat index and thought to himself "why the **** would I ever leave 70 degree Seattle for this?! get me the hell out of here!"

There may be some truth to that. I read he mentioned the heat, said it was like Seattle except for real hot. But he and his mom visited on their own dime so it's kind of foolish to say the kid was doing this just to get an offer from UT or whatever. I think he had a genuine interest, just not enough to overcome the home team. He pretty much was recruiting us at first, not the other way around.

Salt City Sooner
11/3/2010, 08:11 PM
Committed to Nebraska.

oudavid1
11/6/2010, 04:07 AM
yeah i saw that, good for him i guess.

PlanOUred
11/18/2010, 06:10 PM
Committed to Nebraska.

He said after his visit here that he didn't have an OU offer....according to the recruiting expert's interview with him. I don't think Florida or Texas offered either. He picked what he thought was his best remaining option after not receiving offers from some of the big programs he wanted to go to.

Cornfed
11/19/2010, 03:25 PM
For his position he's really not that fast.