PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting against OU - NFL history

Tigeman
8/9/2010, 07:20 PM
We all know alot of our guys, have for some reason or another, tended to get hurt in the NFL the last few years. I'd be curious to see what percentage of our guys get hurt in the NFL compared to say, TX, SC, FL, or other schools that put alot of guys into the NFL.

S.T.E.P. recently commented in another thread about a discussion he had w/ scouts regarding OU's players and NFL injuries. He mentioned that the scout believed that it was OU's training program. Specifically us, trying to get every little bit out of our guys, and possibly over building our guys. To the point that their frames couldn't support it. Which does make alot of sense to me.

Like I said, I'd REALLYYYYY like to see a percentage break down.

So all that being said, the point of this thread.... do we see other schools using NFL injuries to bash OU? As you know one of our great sells is that Stoops puts alot of guys there.

Tigeman
8/9/2010, 07:23 PM
Honestly, I would have to say no, it is not coincidence...Its been a while since I've had the conversation with the Titans scout that I discussed this with so I hate to try and remember, but he said that he felt like it had to do wtih some of the training techniques used at Oklahoma...The gist of his opinion was that certain bodies are only capable of so much, and trying to squeeze that extra .10th off the 40, that extra 25 lbs on the bench, some agility stuff its just pushing their frames too hard...The knee injuries that happen are related to the quadracep muscle and something to do with the quad training...Anyway, I wish I could recall that better now

This is the quote I'm referencing BTW