PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bowling is back on the OSU football team!

oumartin
8/9/2010, 08:25 AM
Doesn't he have a cheap shot coming? Seems to me he went low on an OU linebacker last time OU played up in Stillwater. Tore the kids knee up if I recall.

badger
8/9/2010, 09:07 AM
He also had enough marijuana to keep Sean Sutton happy for a week... ok, maybe five days.

Link (http://newsok.com/bowling-knows-hes-lucky-to-get-second-chance/article/3483658#ixzz0w7M0lr00)

Fifteen days in the Payne County Jail. Thirty hours of community service. Six weeks of substance abuse counseling. Court fines of $1,791.

But the biggest price Bowling paid was to his reputation. He pleaded guilty to a reduced misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, but that drug-dealer stigma can't be erased by the courts. Not when you're a college football player.

another link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100809_216_B1_CUTLIN392254)

Police said they found more than 100 grams of marijuana, plastic baggies, a scale and $1,135 in cash following a search of Bowling's off-campus residence in February of 2009. Bowling, who pleaded guilty to charges of possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia, was given a one-year deferred sentence and spent 15 days in the Payne County jail.

freshchris05
8/9/2010, 01:19 PM
100 grams? Thats less than 4 oz, less than a quarter pound... Now I could start throwing numbers out there but all I'm really trying to say is drug dealer? pfft...

Do aggies just underachieve at everything?

NMSooner'80
8/9/2010, 01:20 PM
He's just misunderstood, and it was probably OU's fault somehow, anyway.... ;)

badger
8/9/2010, 01:44 PM
He's just misunderstood, and it was probably OU's fault somehow, anyway.... ;)

It is OU's fault because DUSTY DVORACEK AND RYAN BROYLES!

:rolleyes:

NMSooner'80
8/9/2010, 02:10 PM
Never underestimate their ability to manufacture a "gooner" conspiracy. They could convince themselves that Bowling's legal problems were a "set-up" by someone with OU ties or something.

This is the same fan base that included a guy who told an OU co-worker that Mark Clayton deliberately ran over an OSU cheerleader during the epic 52-9 beatdown of 2003 (the OU fan posted it on one of the OU boards of the day).

Every video ever seen of that play, a TD pass from Paul Thompson, showed that Clayton was tackled a few yards into the endzone by the OSU DB, and they both wound up off-balance and fell into a cheerleader on that sideline. But, that didn't matter to the guy who made accusation, despite overwhelming video evidence to the contrary.

badger
8/9/2010, 02:50 PM
On a somewhat related but not really topic, I was a few feet away when the ruf/nek got knocked back by the Nebbish dude before the oranges, the effing hillbilly comments and the flag on the crowd, allowing Nebbish to not get shutout and kick a last-second field goal.

Really, when you are on those sidelines, you are a sitting duck compared to football players with tons of protective gear that are almost two feet taller than you and three times wider than you (I'm short, OK?! They're HUGE!). Whether you are a ruf/nek, a cheerleader, or a little band chick, you are at the mercy of those players keeping the game within the little painted white lines. One misstep by the guys on the field and all of your family and friends are dialing 911 or running off to find EMS.

swardboy
8/9/2010, 03:00 PM
Is this the guy who blind-sided Box at the knees?

ratherthanlater
8/9/2010, 04:00 PM
100 grams? Thats less than 4 oz, less than a quarter pound... Now I could start throwing numbers out there but all I'm really trying to say is drug dealer? pfft...

Do aggies just underachieve at everything?

Yes they do. But the article said More than 100 grams, baggies, scales, cash, etc which would lead one to believe he was a dealer. Or really liked sandwiches, weighing things and didn't like keeping his money in banks.

oumartin
8/9/2010, 04:09 PM

I believe so. I know bowling took someone out that game and they were done for the rest of the year

freshchris05
8/9/2010, 06:13 PM
Yes they do. But the article said More than 100 grams, baggies, scales, cash, etc which would lead one to believe he was a dealer. Or really liked sandwiches, weighing things and didn't like keeping his money in banks.

More than? 4 ounces = 112-115 grams. 4 ounces = .25 lbs.

They would say if it were at least a quarter pound. Baggies, scales, cash, etc. for sure he totally sold pot. But to call him a dealer they would at least have to put "half-assed dumb aggie" in front.

King Barry's Back
8/10/2010, 05:26 AM
More than? 4 ounces = 112-115 grams. 4 ounces = .25 lbs.

They would say if it were at least a quarter pound. Baggies, scales, cash, etc. for sure he totally sold pot. But to call him a dealer they would at least have to put "half-assed dumb aggie" in front.

OK, for me, I'm sayin' that if he sold pot, he was "dealing in marijuana," which would then qualify him as a "drug dealer."

Let me get this right. You are saying that he doesn't deserve to be called a drug dealer because he doesn't meet professional standards?

Chiliman
8/10/2010, 10:59 AM

No, that was Damien Davis, who was later kicked off the team for violating team rules, ie., couldn't lay off the weed. Terrible cheap shot on Box. That cost him starting @ MLB in the Big XII title game and the NC game.

oumartin
8/10/2010, 12:21 PM
Bowling took someones knees out in that game. I think you may be wrong

NormanPride
8/10/2010, 12:40 PM
Is this the kid Gundy said they couldn't keep off the team because they didn't have the depth?

goingoneight
8/10/2010, 01:07 PM

:stunned: yea thats rite . he really like sandwitches and waying stuff and hate banks !!!!111!1 not like that goonr Who beets ppl up in bars . /:stunned: