PDA

View Full Version : Justin Chiasson

ndpruitt03
8/9/2010, 12:28 AM
Well you can't start a season without a player deciding to leave. Sounds like Justin Chiasson has decided to leave OU.

goingoneight
8/9/2010, 12:34 AM
Says good things about David King and RJ Washington.

Not a surprise, though. The guy not only had off-the-field issues (whether the girl's accusations were true or not) plus never was a solid DE or DT... kept switching around between the two. He stayed out of trouble for one calendar year, so hopefully he keeps it up on down the line in life.

OK2U
8/9/2010, 01:06 AM
Too bad, what about Justin Chaisson though?
He still on the roster?

gaylordfan1
8/9/2010, 01:07 AM
Source? Where is he going?

oudavid1
8/9/2010, 01:17 AM
Source? Where is he going?

Source please.....!

ps this guy has hung with my older bro down at OU

gaylordfan1
8/9/2010, 01:18 AM
Source please.....!

ps this guy has hung with my older bro down at OU

Have your big bro catch us up to speed tomorrow.

olevetonahill
8/9/2010, 01:23 AM
Nick , Hes still on the roster as of tonight :pop:
BOY give a Link er head fer Bolivia . OK ?

olevetonahill
8/9/2010, 01:25 AM
Nick succs

gaylordfan1
I wonder how often they update the roster? If it happened today or yesterday then I doubt the change has been made. It makes sense though, he hasn't been to practice at all last week. Hmmm....

oudavid1
Have your big bro catch us up to speed tomorrow.

he dosnt hang with him that much, just a little partying here and there

oudavid1
8/9/2010, 03:04 AM
Just talked to my brother, hes not obsessed like me but he says its been awhile since he talked to Justin. I hope he is still here.

birddog
8/9/2010, 07:21 AM
not practicing according to newsok.com

Chaisson not practicing

OU defensive lineman Justin Chaisson is currently not practicing with the Sooners as he deals with a personal matter.

Chaisson, a native of Las Vegas, redshirted as a freshman last season.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/article/3483489#ixzz0w6vOXQlU

MojoRisen
8/9/2010, 08:20 AM
Anybody have the real scoop on Chiasson, I hope this is not the case. He will be a good player.

rawlingsHOH
8/9/2010, 08:36 AM
plus never was a solid DE or DT...

that seems a bit premature, wouldn't you say?

soonerborn30
8/9/2010, 08:36 AM
Any chance this "personal matter" has anything to do with legal troubles in NV?

sooneron
8/9/2010, 09:58 AM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Justin pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

:rolleyes:

SoonerPr8r
8/9/2010, 10:32 AM
In related news.....it sounds like Matt Moreland has left as well

delhalew
8/9/2010, 10:55 AM
Wtf guys. Do you have any sources for this stuff?

gaylordfan1
8/9/2010, 11:05 AM
It would be nice to see some references.... I have searched all the boards and news sites.... NOTHING! But like I said, it wouldn't surprise me.

SoonerPr8r
8/9/2010, 11:25 AM
I heard the thing about Moreland leaving from Carey Murdock on the SA this morning

NormanPride
8/9/2010, 12:01 PM
Nick is an idiot. Chaisson is taking care of personal stuff back home, and it's none of our business what that is. He's not going to play much this year with the line we have, unless there are injuries (ohGodno) or he's an amazing stud, which he's not yet.

goingoneight
8/9/2010, 12:27 PM
that seems a bit premature, wouldn't you say?

I was referring to the jumping around he's done on the depth chart. They mentioned something about he wasn't finished growing and/or putting more weight on him. Next thing you know he is cutting weight and back on the chart at end. Hale said going into spring ball that it wasn't a matter of talent or physical strength, his best use just wasn't really evident yet. Sort of the Mossis Madu of D-Linemen I guess you could say.

delhalew
8/9/2010, 12:28 PM
Murdock may be on to something with Moreland. Nick...you need to pull your head out. We knew about Chaisson taking personal time. That is a far cry from leaving the team.

ndpruitt03
8/9/2010, 12:41 PM
It's more than just personal time he's said he probably won't be back. We'll see who is right in the end, it's pretty clear he won't be back.

gaylordfan1
8/9/2010, 12:49 PM
It's more than just personal time he's said he probably won't be back. We'll see who is right in the end, it's pretty clear he won't be back.

You say "he said". To you? To a friend? To the media? I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just curious to where your getting your info.

47straight
8/9/2010, 12:59 PM
I recall that Dan Cody missed some time for the same stated public reason. The real culprit ended up being clinical depression. I'm really glad that Stoops let Cody have the time to fight through it, and not because he came back from it and was a stud on the field, but because he was able to get healthy.

So whatever the personal reason is, I'm glad that the team is letting him deal with it and I hope he gets back on track, for his own sake.

badger
8/9/2010, 02:54 PM
latest from stoops here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100809_92_0_NORMAN358486)

He's working through some personal issues," OU coach Bob Stoops said after practice Monday. "He's not with the team right now. We'll make a decision here in a week or two whether he'll rejoin or not."

humblesooner
8/9/2010, 03:15 PM
Since we don't need links or proof, I heard that Whitney really does like the 'stache in private. She just said she didn't in an interview so everyone would think there was trouble in paradise.

gaylordfan1
8/9/2010, 03:37 PM
:confused:

goingoneight
8/9/2010, 03:37 PM
So did we get Michael Hunnicutt or what?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/9/2010, 03:55 PM
No Matt Moreland...Who else are we gonna get to kickoff to the other teams 20 yard line?

soonerborn30
8/9/2010, 04:07 PM
I'll do it!

Eielson
8/9/2010, 07:01 PM
I say we chase him out of town with screwdrivers.

Collier11
8/9/2010, 07:38 PM
Nick you are dead wrong, as usual. He is dealing with personal issues, he has til school starts to get them worked out, at that point Stoops and Justin will make a decision about his future on the team

tulsaoilerfan
8/9/2010, 07:41 PM
Nick you are dead wrong, as usual. He is dealing with personal issues, he has til school starts to get them worked out, at that point Stoops and Justin will make a decision about his future on the team

BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:les:

goingoneight
8/9/2010, 08:02 PM
No Matt Moreland...Who else are we gonna get to kickoff to the other teams 20 yard line?

Thank you! About time someone else noticed this! :D

Rickety_Syd
8/9/2010, 08:25 PM
You say "he said". To you? To a friend? To the media? I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just curious to where your getting your info.

He said,
She said,
Red dead,
Pumpkin head,
What up with that?
What up with that?

http://hotoffpress.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/119670_512x288_generated.jpg

stoopified
8/9/2010, 10:34 PM
I heard the thing about Moreland leaving from Carey Murdock on the SA this morningAccording to an interview I heard with Stoops ,Moreland has NOT left the team but has eligibility issues which he is trying to clear up so he can play.In addition I just heard a Stoops interview on NEWS 9 at 10 in which Bob says Justin is at home dealing with personal issues.Bob went on to say that a decision about Justin's future on the team should be reached over the next week.The feeling I had was that the Coach and not the player will be making that decsion.

TXBOOMER
8/9/2010, 11:02 PM

:D

soonerboy_odanorth
8/9/2010, 11:56 PM
Who cares? They come... they go. The good ones, and even a whole bunch of the great roll players, become great memories.

The never weres?

You'll briefly recollect them five years down the road saying, "Yeah, that kid was supposed to be pretty good coming out of high school.. too bad it didn't work out... wonder what became of him?

Before I get busted for giving up on a kid, let me just say I hope he can pull it together, but if he can't then it frees up a scholarship for a kid who might not have to pull it together.

SouthFortySooner
8/11/2010, 04:08 AM

I worked with a, uh, young lady who was climbing the washboard abs of a star player once. I would, uh, pimp her for information and she came through with golden tidbits.

However, I never mentioned them here because just 'have to' have the source. I like the entertainment of the inside stuff whether they give the source or not. Make **** up, entertain me people!

Crucifax Autumn
8/11/2010, 04:40 AM
*sigh*