PDA

View Full Version : I am so fired up for some football

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 06:14 PM
That I'm watching the Madden Pro-Am game..Montana just went yard to Rice.....Stacy Keibler is there and she is always outstanding to look at...

Kurt Warner just got sacked by a girl

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 06:15 PM
Montana to Deion Sanders...

JLEW1818
8/8/2010, 06:19 PM
got some Sooners playing in a bit on NBC

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 06:21 PM
yeah this game is on NBC....Jerry Rice scored again

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 06:37 PM
Jerry Rice just returned a kick for a TD...dude looks like he could still play

Scott D
8/8/2010, 06:37 PM
I'm now waiting for TMZ to report that Brenda Warner beat up Maria Menounos for sacking Kurt.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 06:41 PM
They would call me for illegal hands if I went against Stacy Keibler

Scott D
8/8/2010, 06:44 PM
she'd juke you with one move and be wide open all game.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 06:49 PM
But I would tell all of you I touched her boobs

Scott D
8/8/2010, 06:51 PM
it's ok the videotape would show the only boobs you touched were James VanDerBeek's.

Scott D
8/8/2010, 06:53 PM
I would have liked to have been between that stacy keibler and shannon elizabeth sandwich.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 06:56 PM
wow...hopefully thats my dream tonight

Scott D
8/8/2010, 06:56 PM
Joe Montana is still the man...that is all.

btk108
8/8/2010, 07:28 PM
how did you make it back to Joe Montana?

Sooner04
8/8/2010, 07:33 PM
Joe Montana is still the man...that is all.
But what were his measureables? How's his arm strength? How did his Pro Day go?

I love the NFL, but you have to wonder if these scouts ever watch a game anymore. Joe Montana just won in college, that's all he did. But the NFL still continues to throw piles of money at guys like Matthew Stafford who did nothing but crater in their biggest collegiate games.

And yes, Joe Montana is still the man. And I STILL hate the friggin '49ers.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 07:59 PM
Well let me flip the coin on that...QB's like Montana, receivers like Welker are the exception to the rule...8 out of 10 of those guys don't work out, but they do miss out on those 2 that do...But you don't change the rules because of the 2..

Danny Wuerffel won some college football games..Rex Grossman won some football games also... Heck, RIck Mirer won some football games...Its not an exact science, so measurables are the best standard they have

Sooner04
8/8/2010, 09:17 PM
Well let me flip the coin on that...QB's like Montana, receivers like Welker are the exception to the rule...8 out of 10 of those guys don't work out, but they do miss out on those 2 that do...But you don't change the rules because of the 2..

Danny Wuerffel won some college football games..Rex Grossman won some football games also... Heck, RIck Mirer won some football games...Its not an exact science, so measurables are the best standard they have
All good examples, I grow weary of scouts who are slaves to measureables.

Jason Pierre-Paul, for example. I remember the gushing articles that came out after the kid did all sorts of backflips at the combine. My response? Big deal. Mary Lou Retton can do lots of backflips too, but I don't want her rushing the QB. Can the guy play? Is he smart? Can he put his hand down on one play and not the next? Who gives a flip about a backflip?

But some of those scouts absolutely creamed themselves over the display....

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah your right.....You would have thought Mike Mamula would have fixed that...Or Kyle Boller....

Some of those guys, and I've been with them in Alabama for the Senior Bowl or at the Combine....don't like to do the work...Its a lot of work for a little pay to get out there and truly grade out these guys...Some of them like the workout numbers because they don't like film or studying the game...