PDA

View Full Version : What are your expectations for this season?

Soonermagik
8/8/2010, 04:56 PM
I'm really hopeful for at least a BCS game. I wouldn't be too upset if we dropped one game and won the Fiesta bowl.

However, I could see us running the table and beating everyone. :D

JLEW1818
8/8/2010, 05:04 PM
honestly?

Win the Big 12
Beat Texas
Win a BCS Game
Win a National Championship

2 of those should be realistic.

soonerfromgeorgia
8/8/2010, 05:28 PM
Sorry to say it, but 10-2 or 11-1 and lose another BCS bowl.

StoopTroup
8/8/2010, 05:46 PM
My expectations are to win it all. Now....what can I live with? I'd be pretty disappointed if we lost to the whorns. I'd be disappointed if we didn't win the Conference Championship. I think we have as good a shot as any team in America.

Crucifax Autumn
8/8/2010, 05:50 PM
Number 8

soonervegas
8/8/2010, 05:55 PM
Regular Season 11-1
(loss to either UT or A&M)

If it is A&M - 13-1 after Big 12 and Fiesta Bowl wins
If it is UT - 12-1 after Orange Bowl win

Top 4 ranking either way

BHB 91
8/8/2010, 05:57 PM
I think we will at least win the South and beat the horns. I also think we have what it takes to win the Big 12 and get back to a BCS game. Number 8 is not out of the question. Yeah, I have the crimson glasses on. :)

sooner59
8/8/2010, 06:02 PM
I say if we lose a game this year it will either be at A&M or at Mizzou because we fell asleep at the wheel. I think this year we will have the whorns' number and we owe Nebraska one on a neutral field for last year. Not worried at the pumpkinsuits up north.

Collier11
8/8/2010, 06:05 PM
No worse than 10-2 regular season with a win over texas...hopefully everything breaks right though and we win #8

Jacie
8/8/2010, 07:49 PM
We don't lose the heart and soul of the offense or the defense for that matter to injury or worse, either before or during the season . . .

PLaw
8/8/2010, 07:54 PM
I'm a SOONER and since we invented winning championships, then most every August, I expect that we will be playing for all of the marbles come January. This year is no different. Start the MARCH TO NO. 8!!!

BOOMER

BosworthXXXL
8/8/2010, 09:47 PM

mightysooner
8/8/2010, 09:58 PM
I expect this team to be full of young, battle hardened, very hard-nosed, brutally unmerciful SOONERS after what they went through last year. 9-3....worst case scenario.

ouwasp
8/8/2010, 10:00 PM
I expect the OL to play like men instead of 7th graders in 300 lb bodies.

The Ghost of Mex
8/8/2010, 10:12 PM
Number 8
This^

& this^.

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2010, 10:14 PM
Coaches poll already has us #8

ouwasp
8/8/2010, 10:36 PM
Coaches poll already has us #8

heh.....

clever :)

gaylordfan1
8/8/2010, 11:06 PM
I think this entire season is decided on how our record looks after the * game. If we slide undefeated then I think our chances are limitless after that point. If we manage to slip up in a non-conf or with * then we will be playing catch up all year long.

Now, saying that I think this is our year to beat *(not saying much judging from the color of my glasses). Besides, they really don't have much challenges in front of them before facing us. We do. You can argue that they never really have any obstacles before playing us and came out on top. But, that was with lil Colty. Admit it or not, the kid knew how to win. So, Let Gilby get his hopes up playing Rice and the Wyomings of the world.... Then our D can show him what a real D looks like!

BOOMER!

westcoast_sooner
8/9/2010, 12:01 AM
High expectations for the Sooners as always. But let's be somewhat realistic. The O-Line has to gel quickly. Landry has to be better than he was last year. The WRs have to find one more reliable guy. Finally the Defensive backfield needs to step up.

All in all, I think there is a CHANCE that the Sooners will be really good. But the schedule is tough and will test these guys early. I'd say if we get past Florida State and Cincinnati, we'll be ready for the RRR.

Texas will be a tough test as always. So will A&M and OSU, both on the road.

Bottom line - I think it is very possible to win the South and play in the CCG.

Curly Bill
8/9/2010, 12:19 AM
I'm going with 10-2. I think there are too many unknowns to be talking about undefeated seasons and the like.

Now, what might happen in our bowl game...???

yankee
8/9/2010, 12:33 AM
I want a Conference championship and a BCS bowl win.

I'd love to win the RRS, but those other two trump that game by a large margin.

gaylordfan1
8/9/2010, 01:10 AM
I heard a interview with the Boz the other day on WWLS. He brought up some really good points how beating * is more important than any bowl win other than the MNC. Main point.... RECRUITING in the state of *. Don't get me wrong, we are still knocking it out down there, but are losing some big time recruits to them. AD said he came to OU because we always beat *!

oudavid1
8/9/2010, 01:16 AM
lets beat texas

sooner59
8/9/2010, 01:18 AM
Let's just beat them first, then worry about CCG's, bowl games, and MNC's.

gaylordfan1
8/9/2010, 01:20 AM
Easier said then done on this board.... :D

oudavid1
8/9/2010, 01:25 AM
lets beat Utah State

sooner59
8/9/2010, 01:54 AM
I can round up ten people on this site and beat Utah State. :D

oudavid1
8/9/2010, 02:59 AM
I can round up ten people on this site and beat Utah State. :D

That would be so fun, i got your back and im with you

soonerborn30
8/9/2010, 08:35 AM
I expect us to win out at home again, and to lose 1 road game. I think we'll beat *, win the South, beat NU for the last B12 title. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake. Winning a BCS bowl would be fan-friggin-tastic.

KantoSooner
8/9/2010, 08:47 AM
To defeat the enemies and seen them driven before the Sooners.

To listen to the lamentations of their women.

This is what I expect.

MrJimBeam
8/9/2010, 09:12 AM
10-2, Cotton Bowl vs. Arky, Les or War Eagle.

Soonermagik
8/9/2010, 01:02 PM
I heard a interview with the Boz the other day on WWLS. He brought up some really good points how beating * is more important than any bowl win other than the MNC. Main point.... RECRUITING in the state of *. Don't get me wrong, we are still knocking it out down there, but are losing some big time recruits to them. AD said he came to OU because we always beat *!

I think Texas is overrated this year... big time. They lost Earl Thomas, Sergio Kindle, Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy along with other starters. I don't see OU having a problem this year with them, I really don't.

The Cincinnati game is the one that has me worried. This team struggles big time with road games. I don't consider the RRR a road game, because it's a 50/50 split. I just hope they can get a big bcs bowl game win and get the monkey off their back.

PalmBeachSooner
8/9/2010, 02:19 PM
It's impossible to say at this point. I want to see what kind of running game they can establish against Utah State and FSU. Are running game was bad in the beginning last season and it got worse before it got better. To paraphrase Russ Grimm, an O'lineman's job is to move his man from point A to point B against his will. If the OL can do that consistently this season then there isn't any reason we don't play in the Bix XII championship and a BCS game.

JLEW1818
8/9/2010, 06:14 PM
I'll prlly sleep with about 8 girls this season...

AZSOONER
8/9/2010, 08:19 PM
I'm going with 10-2. I think there are too many unknowns to be talking about undefeated seasons and the like.

Now, what might happen in our bowl game...???

Agreed, although an undefeated season isn't out of the question, which makes the season an awsome 1 to look forward to.

IronHorseSooner
8/9/2010, 08:25 PM
I think Texas is overrated this year... big time. They lost Earl Thomas, Sergio Kindle, Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy along with other starters. I don't see OU having a problem this year with them, I really don't.

The Cincinnati game is the one that has me worried. This team struggles big time with road games. I don't consider the RRR a road game, because it's a 50/50 split. I just hope they can get a big bcs bowl game win and get the monkey off their back.

That Cincy game will be telling because it is the week before *, and it is the first road game of the season. The only thing that worries me about Cincy is that have some big freaking receivers! They should be a good indication about how we play the game that scares me the most- A&M. Good mobile QB, two big receivers, a decent RB. However, neither have a defense to fear (outside of Von Miller, and A&M fans say he faded down the stretch).

ccmike9
8/9/2010, 09:43 PM
Expectations: Big 12 conference Championship appearance, BCS Bowl

Hopes: I think you know.....

Curly Bill
8/9/2010, 09:53 PM
Agreed, although an undefeated season isn't out of the question, which makes the season an awsome 1 to look forward to.

I agree that an undefeated season is not impossible, and I am indeed looking forward to it. :)

sooneron
8/9/2010, 10:16 PM
One loss somewhere on the road and hopefully, not to *. I think it's our year to win in Dallas, but in that game, the better team does not always win. I could also see us losing 3 games if the wheels come off on the OL.

Curly Bill
8/9/2010, 10:18 PM
Really, anywhere from 0-3 losses wouldn't surprise me too much.

birddog
8/9/2010, 10:24 PM
That would be so fun, i got your back and im with you

no homo? ;)

BoulderSooner79
8/9/2010, 11:55 PM
I'll prlly sleep with about 8 girls this season...

...and how you're going to pay for that?

oudavid1
8/10/2010, 12:17 AM
no homo? ;)

ehhh maybe a little

ccmike9
8/10/2010, 04:31 AM
ehhh maybe a little

:pop: