PDA

View Full Version : Emmitt Smith HOF Speech..very strange

OULenexaman
8/7/2010, 09:49 PM
He never mentioned anything about his time at UF......no mention of any coaches or anything at his time as a Gator...I thought that was wierd.....wonder why????:confused:

gaylordfan1
8/7/2010, 10:14 PM
prob forgot about college.

Sonner magic923
8/7/2010, 10:21 PM
Ya I noticed that too...Jerry Rice though? Greatest wide out of all time but did he even practice that speech?

texaspokieokie
8/8/2010, 07:57 AM
i liked Emmitt's speech really well !! who cares about fla.

Emmitt is a classy guy.

bri
8/8/2010, 09:03 AM
Um, it's the Pro Football Hall of Fame. When he goes into the College Football Hall of Fame, I'm sure he'll talk all about UF then.

misplacedsooner
8/8/2010, 12:51 PM
He never mentioned anything about his time at UF......no mention of any coaches or anything at his time as a Gator...I thought that was wierd.....wonder why????:confused:

probably a big part of that is cause florida sucks and he realizes that now.

ndpruitt03
8/8/2010, 02:47 PM
Anyone remember Tommy McDonald's speech? He didn't mention a thing about his playing days. Half the speech he was dancing to Stayin' Alive and also cracked jokes about his wife. Not everyone needs to thank everyone for their honors.

budbarrybob
8/8/2010, 03:12 PM
Um, it's the Pro Football Hall of Fame. When he goes into the College Football Hall of Fame, I'm sure he'll talk all about UF then.

^^^This

duh...

OULenexaman
8/8/2010, 03:23 PM
yeah but they all talk about their college days.....Rice did and he even mentioned his QB back then......Emmitt talked about Jr. High and High School and nothing about his college years....I don't think he liked Steve Superior that much and shunned his alma mater....for whatever reason....

ndpruitt03
8/8/2010, 03:30 PM
His coach at Florida was Galen Hall, the former assistant at OU. Spurrier was coaching at Duke at that time I think. Russ Grimm never talked about his college days either. He just mentioned his college days at Pitt he didn't say where he went.

texaspokieokie
8/8/2010, 03:41 PM
i remember Tommy Mac. he tried a "chest-bump" on someone; & fell down.
he was pretty old, not like Emmitt.

ndpruitt03
8/8/2010, 03:51 PM
He fell down on purpose after chest bumping the oldest guy there.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hall-of-fame/09000d5d8118be82/Tommy-McDonald-acceptance-speech

tulsaoilerfan
8/8/2010, 08:24 PM
Maybe Emmitt doesn't have good memories of his time at UF

Eielson
8/8/2010, 08:47 PM
Emmit Smith just apologized for not mentioning Florida at halftime of the Cowboys-Bengals game.

King Barry's Back
8/8/2010, 09:04 PM
Emmit Smith just apologized for not mentioning Florida at halftime of the Cowboys-Bengals game.

Yeah, I'd cut him some slack. He's got a lot to say and not much time. May have just jumped a paragraph or two in his notes and never noticed. (I've actually done that.)

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 09:09 PM
or the fact he didn't have any notes...I've winged quite a few speeches and its common to leave somebody or someone out when you do that

badger
8/8/2010, 09:27 PM

As they were going to commercial he was doing that Gata chomp. He must have gotten a lot of :( texts and phone messages from Florida fans feeling shunned :D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 09:31 PM
He probably read this thread

Eielson
8/8/2010, 09:34 PM
Well we ran Sampson out of town, so maybe.