PDA

View Full Version : OU football movie ideas

stoopified
8/7/2010, 04:37 PM
It seems like every stinking time I turn on the TV that ND propaganda piece RUDY is playing,and i recently saw part of the movie about the Yale-Harvard 29-29 tie.Add to that the BSU movie which was made or is being made (or whatever0,it has made me hungry for an OU football movie.

Among the ideas I had for OU movies:

A movie about THE STREAK.There are numerous books 47STRAIGHT and THE UNDEFEATED among them.

Bootlegger's Boy.If you've read the book,nuf said

A movie about the Selmons.

The Josh Heupel Story(as well as the 13-0 National Title season).

The Jason White Story-young man from a small town overcomes not just one serious knee injury but TWO to win a Heisman

Sooner Magic(yeah ,Iknow there IS a DVD) but I'm talking about a movie

THE KICK chronicling the 1977 OU-TOSU 39-28 thriller that culminated with Von Schaman's kick.

Personally I think all these ideas could be made into better movies than Rudy.

CatfishSooner
8/7/2010, 04:50 PM
The Brett Romar Story

swardboy
8/7/2010, 05:37 PM
Every stinkin' time I tune in "College Football Live" they're doing a piece on ND! I mean, it's embarrassing.

A movie on Billy Vessels would be awesome...from roaming the streets parentless in Cleveland, OK to the Heisman....ooooo, chills.

agoo758
8/7/2010, 05:50 PM
I dunno.... The end of the 2003, 2004, and 2008 season reminds me of all the Shakespeare plays where everyone dies at the end:(

GottaHavePride
8/7/2010, 05:52 PM
The problem with a Billy Vessels movie is that a producer is going to take a look at that summary and say "Yeah, it's been done. Called The Blind Side. Won an Oscar last year."

One about the streak isn't marketable except to OU fans. Nobody else cares about "oh look, the best team in the country keeps winning games."

Football movies either need to be about a person or team overcoming incredible prejudice and/or physical limitations to succeed (in a way that hasn't already had a movie done about it... The Express, Radio, Remember the Titans, The Blind Side, Invincible) or be about a feel-good underdog story. And OU's just too damn good to qualify as an underdog story. ;)

AlbqSooner
8/7/2010, 05:54 PM
Bob Kalsu

bri
8/7/2010, 07:33 PM
The problem with a Billy Vessels movie is that a producer is going to take a look at that summary and say "Yeah, it's been done. Called The Blind Side. Won an Oscar last year."

One about the streak isn't marketable except to OU fans. Nobody else cares about "oh look, the best team in the country keeps winning games."

Football movies either need to be about a person or team overcoming incredible prejudice and/or physical limitations to succeed (in a way that hasn't already had a movie done about it... The Express, Radio, Remember the Titans, The Blind Side, Invincible) or be about a feel-good underdog story. And OU's just too damn good to qualify as an underdog story. ;)

YOUR LOGIC HAS NO PLACE HERE :mad:

ratherthanlater
8/7/2010, 07:49 PM
Title: Red Headed Step Child
Subtitle: 100+ Years of Bedlam Domination

The movie starts on October 11th, 1904 in what is now called Mineral Wells Park in Guthrie, Oklahoma. It is a cold and windy day and the University of Oklahoma has just beat Oklahoma A&M by the score of 75-0, blah blah blah, Team on the rise!, blah blah blah, Best offense in the Universe, blah blah blah, I'm a man, I'm 40, blah blah blah, it's 2009 and OSU gets shut out. Again. T. Booger Pickens can bank roll it.

bri
8/7/2010, 08:08 PM
Hey, at least over the past 105 years they managed to improve by 48 points. In another 105, they should be giving us a real game.

Leroy Lizard
8/7/2010, 08:18 PM
AD is breaking into the clear. He has defenders in his way... but then pulls out a gun and starts shooting them!

stoopified
8/7/2010, 08:56 PM
Ricky Williams is breaking into the clear. He has defenders in his way... but then pulls out a gun and starts shooting them!This is a Sooner thread,not a Bonghorn thread.

stoopified
8/7/2010, 09:00 PM
OJ is breaking into the clear. He has defenders in his way... but then pulls out a gun and starts shooting them!A SUC storyline?

47straight
8/8/2010, 05:16 PM
Prentice Gautt.

Bob Kalsu

Sooner04
8/8/2010, 05:33 PM
Bob Kalsu
Bingo.

MeMyself&Me
8/8/2010, 09:31 PM
Prentice Gautt.

This one has always intreeged me.

KantoSooner
8/9/2010, 09:26 AM
Title: Red Headed Step Child
Subtitle: 100+ Years of OU-OSU Domination

The movie starts on October 11th, 1904 in what is now called Mineral Wells Park in Guthrie, Oklahoma. It is a cold and windy day and the University of Oklahoma has just beat Oklahoma A&M by the score of 75-0, blah blah blah, Team on the rise!, blah blah blah, Best offense in the Universe, blah blah blah, I'm a man, I'm 40, blah blah blah, it's 2009 and OSU gets shut out. Again. T. Booger Pickens can bank roll it.

Winner ^^^

You could subtitle it, "Their Resistance Has Been Futile"

badger
8/9/2010, 12:49 PM
How bout a story on Barry Switzer's life? Everyone knows Barry's name, but how many know about his poor Arkansas upbringing that led him to Arkansas and would help him later as a master recruiter and coach at Oklahoma?

The only coach to win the Super Bowl and a college national title would be the marketing pitch, the story would win the oscars, while the football aspect would make it bankable for tightwad studios.

:D You all love my idea, don't you? Admit it! You want to see my Barry Switzer film!

Sooner04
8/9/2010, 12:57 PM
The only coach to win the Super Bowl and a college national title would be the marketing pitch,
Would Jimmy Johnson sue for negligence?

badger
8/9/2010, 12:59 PM
Would Jimmy Johnson sue for negligence?

:D pbbbth, miami doesn't count as a college team

freshchris05
8/9/2010, 02:07 PM
Bootlegger's Boy movie thread? I feel like we've done this before...

KantoSooner
8/9/2010, 02:19 PM
I'm sure Barry would be more than happy to act in or at least advise on the movie in the event we secured the services of Sandra Bullock to play some leading role.
And kept his trailer amply supplied with 'well balanced' buhbon and wattahs.

I mean, dayum. From smoking on the sidelines to holding cross dressing parties in the 1970's, the more you learn about Barry's life the more you have to just bow down and admit that this really is HIS planet. The rest of us are merely supporting actors.

badger
8/9/2010, 02:44 PM
Bootlegger's Boy movie thread? I feel like we've done this before...

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm47/GuruSY/thatsthejoke.jpg