PDA

View Full Version : If you were going to join an OU pay site

TwoBits4
8/7/2010, 02:41 PM
Which board would you join and why ?

Rivals or OUInsider ?

GottaHavePride
8/7/2010, 03:40 PM
Meh. All their stuff works its way over here eventually...

badger
8/7/2010, 03:55 PM
They'll take your money here if you offer it :)

sooner59
8/7/2010, 05:30 PM
I'll take your money.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2010, 05:30 PM
neither...

JLEW1818
8/7/2010, 05:45 PM
McAlester Newspaper

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2010, 05:45 PM
That **** is free!

JLEW1818
8/7/2010, 06:27 PM
:D

Crucifax Autumn
8/7/2010, 06:41 PM
Go donate money to the Hideout.

TwoBits4
8/7/2010, 07:20 PM
These answers are not replying to the question.

I asked ... IF .... you were to join a pay site, which site would you join ?

Not whether to join a pay site.

olevetonahill
8/7/2010, 07:25 PM
Years ago I joined insider, Then found this site .
I left Insider and have been here ever since. Dont know a thing about rivals but i wasnt impressed with insider

Crucifax Autumn
8/7/2010, 08:14 PM

Yeah, but we like OUR question better.

SoonerForever
8/7/2010, 09:29 PM
I can tell you that Rivals ripped me off....2 years ago I signed up for month to month service....they charged me for an annual membership...I fought with them and my credit card company and lost....Rivals can kiss my Crimson a**.....hope that helps.

gaylordfan1
8/7/2010, 10:21 PM
We have had this discussion before on this site. I have a buddy that is on ouinsider. He likes it. I've scanned it before with his username and didn't find all that much more than we have on here. Maybe a little more detailed with recruiting. But we have a couple of guys on here that do their homework and get close to the same info. Anyways, once it is posted on any site it makes it here not too long after.... usually before it hits the news. So, really there is no need to pay money unless it's burning a hole in your pocket.

oudavid1
8/8/2010, 03:49 AM
I have the scout website because it was 9.99 for 3 months, so i did it. It pretty much sucks.

DrZaius
8/8/2010, 05:50 AM
Those services blow. I did Scout for several years and their articles suck and were timed really poor. Their recruiting information was the only thing they did well. I never quite figured out why they charged for the information. the information received they received free of charge.

badger
8/8/2010, 08:56 AM

We're on Insider. If you're a stats person, they usually have that stuff and other press conference stuff up immediately after the game... not instantaneous, but fast enough. Usually have pretty fast player and coach info as well post-game.

PalmBeachSooner
8/8/2010, 09:22 AM
I was a member of Rivals forever. Finally cancelled my account. 95% of posts are from people obsessing over recruiting.

Carry Murdock won't post any stories until he has double verified every detail and by then it's old news.

TwoBits4
8/10/2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the replies, that was the info I was looking for.

SoonerSoph
8/10/2010, 11:37 AM
I actually like Rivals. Josh works very hard to get a lot of good recruiting info. I would say if recruiting isn't that interesting to you, don't do it. But I love getting all of the videos, breakdowns, scoops, etc. Plus, a lot of family members of players and former players post which is fun.

Carey has a hard job because Stoops doesn't give media a lot of access.

A lot of the info does filter its way over here, but not the full amount. It's just personal preference.

westcoast_sooner
8/10/2010, 12:20 PM
I have been on Rivals for a few years. There is the focus on recruiting, as others have mentioned, but both Josh and Carey are tireless in their coverage of the Sooners.

Like this site, there are good and bad posters - sometimes good inside info from former players, however.

RiddlerOK
8/10/2010, 12:51 PM
Insider. They rip Jim Traber more often.