PDA

View Full Version : What freshmen will RS...

gaylordfan1
8/7/2010, 12:05 AM
and who will receive significant PT?

In no particular order... Those that will play.

K. Stills
T. Jefferson-ST at least
A. Haywood
J. McCay-Maybe more than we expect!
T. Millard
E. Humphrey
B. Bell
C. Nelson-ST
R. Favors-ST
B. Irwin
A. Woods

I'm not too familiar with all our DB's coming in... But I bet a couple see the field. Several of them have impressed the coaches with their speed... But who knows how they can cover at this level.

Curly Bill
8/7/2010, 12:19 AM
I read that other thread, but I still say Bell redshirts unless Landry is injured.

gaylordfan1
8/7/2010, 12:21 AM
We will see. Anyones guess is as good as mine. We never know.

Curly Bill
8/7/2010, 12:22 AM
Yup, there's really no telling at this point.

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2010, 12:25 AM
I predict that the players who don't see the field will most likely be the ones who redshirt.

I base this bold prediction on watching Bob Stoops manage a football team for ten years.

gaylordfan1
8/7/2010, 12:26 AM
+1

Curly Bill
8/7/2010, 12:47 AM
I predict that the players who don't see the field will most likely be the ones who redshirt.

I base this bold prediction on watching Bob Stoops manage a football team for ten years.

Zactly, we can say Bell won't redshirt (Stoops might even say it), but if we can get thru the season without having to play him -- redshirt!

IronHorseSooner
8/7/2010, 09:47 AM
I bet Finch or Clay play, just a hunch.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/7/2010, 09:49 AM
Stills says hes transferring if he doesn't see the field. But we'll see.

badger
8/7/2010, 10:01 AM
I read that other thread, but I still say Bell redshirts unless Landry is injured.

agree... and I don't want Landry to get injured to Bell to waste his redshirt

IronHorseSooner
8/7/2010, 11:01 AM

I don't think that will be a problem. Depending on just how the veterans do, he could end up as a starter very quickly.

JLEW1818
8/7/2010, 11:54 AM

agree.

I think Clay and Finch might RS as well.

Still waiting on J. Calhoun .....

icmwhOU72
8/7/2010, 12:20 PM
I dont know if you all saw this or not but on soonersports.com there is stoops preseason presser and he said that he does not want to redshirt any of the freshman because he thinks they will all play. Blake bell will beat out allen as the back up and see plenty of pt this year

sooner518
8/7/2010, 12:26 PM

really?

thats kind of a bold statement. link?

Collier11
8/7/2010, 12:28 PM
Bold, BS, whatev...

JLEW1818
8/7/2010, 12:49 PM
Stills will see the field, very much.

adoniijahsooner
8/7/2010, 02:34 PM
Stoops word on Bell is that Bell is ahead of any QB he's had at this point. IDK if he will redshirt or not, but the coach and the locker room is very impressed with Bell.

adoniijahsooner
8/7/2010, 03:05 PM
Stills came into camp as the No.1 wideout, according to this TW article. I know he is not ahead of Broyles, but he will be ahead of Miller and Reynolds.

Stills went into training camp listed as a No. 1 wide receiver, and defensive coordinator Brent Venables said Jefferson is the team's first option to play strong-side linebacker on passing downs (also known as a nickel linebacker/safety).

"That's got to be a guy who has a little bit different skill set in regards to some coverage ability as well as blitzing ability, playmaking, playing in the box at times," Venables said.

And Stills, Stoops said, "doesn't look at himself as a freshman."

"He's got a lot of speed," said quarterback Landry Jones, "so he's gonna be a deep-ball threat for us."

Stoops said the ascension of Stills was part Stills going up and part his competition going down.

"Or at this point," Stoops said, "he's outperformed them."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100807_92_B4_Oklaho799145

adoniijahsooner
8/7/2010, 03:11 PM
Here's a quote from Wilson that I like....

"We're intrigued by Roy Finch and Brennan Clay," said offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson. "We've had one practice, but they look like players. They look fluid and smooth in space."
Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100807_92_B4_Oklaho799145

ndpruitt03
8/7/2010, 03:29 PM
In an interview on the Sports Animal Bob Stoops talked about how big and fast Blake Bell was. Maybe we use him a Tim Tebow goalline role?

SoonerLB
8/7/2010, 03:34 PM
Like Bob said in his press conference, he doesn't like the red shirt idea when a lot of them won't stay five years anyway (and he does not like that either). If the coaches think they are good enough to play, they'll play.

JLEW1818
8/7/2010, 04:38 PM
and remember, its not like you sign a "red shirt contract" before the season starts.

If you don't play at all after the bowl game, you will get a Red Shirt

(if you matter)

gaylordfan1
8/8/2010, 12:35 AM
I know it was because of injury and performance issues, but Stoops played 9 true freshmen last year! I believe that is a record for him. Wonder if he breaks it this year?

gaylordfan1
8/8/2010, 03:31 PM
They posted the new video of the running backs.... Gundy was all over the two new frosh backs for not going hard enough, and mainly Clay for not taking care of the ball.