PDA

View Full Version : Texas quarterback leaves team to focus on graduating

Sooner24
8/6/2010, 10:17 PM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/08/06/texas_quarterba.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat

If Gilbert goes down it could be a long season for the Horns.

swardboy
8/6/2010, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry...this is just wrong.

Leroy Lizard
8/6/2010, 11:37 PM
I fail to see the wrongness in it. Can you clue us in?

gaylordfan1
8/6/2010, 11:48 PM
Wrong? For * to go through what some teams go through? Attrition is a mother Fuc*er! I wish no ill fate to anyone. But if Gilby goes down, good luck to that offense.

Curly Bill
8/6/2010, 11:57 PM
He played in 5 games in 4 years...What exactly are they going to be missing?

gaylordfan1
8/7/2010, 12:08 AM
A seasoned backup? One that knows the offense. Maybe the other McCoy can control the reins if the unforeseen happens. That would be bitter sweet.

Curly Bill
8/7/2010, 12:12 AM
Seasoned backup? I've played about as much college football the past 4 years as he has.

...unless you're talking about practice and stuff. :D

gaylordfan1
8/7/2010, 12:20 AM
Good point...

Well, at least he know the offense. Wait, aren't they instituting a new offense? Never mind. But it helps having another warm body waiting right?

Curly Bill
8/7/2010, 12:21 AM
Good point...

Well, at least he know the offense. Wait, aren't they instituting a new offense? Never mind. But it helps having another warm body waiting right?

Are we still talking about football? :D

gaylordfan1
8/7/2010, 12:22 AM
Freak!

oudavid1
8/7/2010, 12:34 AM
Smart decision, good luck to the young man. Its hard to walk away.................well unless he didnt love football anyway

Crucifax Autumn
8/7/2010, 12:46 AM
Yep...And I wouldn't be hurt if another 10 or so of their guys decided that they should get an education while they are in college and quit the team too.

agoo758
8/7/2010, 02:58 AM
My drunk fantasy is telling me its a guy who is sick of the arrogance of *** football amd decides to distance himself. Boomer!!:D

Jacie
8/7/2010, 02:43 PM
I don't think this young man's leaving is going to affect the UT football team either way unless it means more playing time for the backups in the blowout games.

AZSOONER
8/7/2010, 04:51 PM
Yep...And I wouldn't be hurt if another 10 or so of their guys decided that they should get an education while they are in college and quit the team too.

me either.

swardboy
8/7/2010, 05:12 PM
I fail to see the wrongness in it. Can you clue us in?

I don't care how little he may have played so far, this is abandoning the team and the coaches who've called you to come play...for better or for worse. Any student-athlete should be able to bear the academic responsibilities AND the privilege to wear the uniform...even if it is puke orange.

Leroy Lizard
8/7/2010, 05:51 PM
I don't care how little he may have played so far, this is abandoning the team and the coaches who've called you to come play...for better or for worse.

(omitted)

Leroy Lizard
8/7/2010, 05:56 PM
I don't care how little he may have played so far, this is abandoning the team and the coaches who've called you to come play...for better or for worse.

Then explain why they didn't give him a four-year scholarship.

If you have to renew every year, **** 'em!

They used to give four-year scholarships. But then the coaches and the universities decided that if a player wasn't panning out, they wanted the freedom to give him the heave-ho. Where's the loyalty in that?

Do what's best for you and screw the team. That's my advice.