PDA

View Full Version : HBO special on Ohio St-Michigan rivalry

ouwasp
8/6/2010, 06:23 PM
Enjoyed watching it this afternoon. How it started so one-sided, the epic games, the rise & fall of Woody Hayes, Ohio moaning about Mich stealing their high school players. The absolute hatred between fan bases.

Has HBO ever done something on OU-tx?

oudavid1
8/6/2010, 06:45 PM
Has HBO ever done something on OU-tx?

LOL

XingTheRubicon
8/6/2010, 06:58 PM
the state of Michigan smells like hot dog water

-bucknut fan

great show

AlbqSooner
8/6/2010, 07:31 PM
Several years ago, I had to go to Detroit for a wedding. A week or so beforehand my partner was put in the hospital in Toledo. It was just a short drive and my friend in Detroit loaned me a car to drive down to visit him in the hospital. All the people at the wedding warned me that when I crossed into Ohio, slow down to the speed limit - not one mile over. The cars with Michigan plates were all driving the speed limit and the Ohio cars were running about 10 miles over. THAT is how strong the hatred is.

oudavid1
8/6/2010, 07:54 PM
a friend of mine and his grand father were sitting in the texas section 3 years ago in dallas, his grand father had a stroke during the game. He was ok (thank god) but when he was being carted off by medical staff texas fans started spitting on him.

not trying to one up or anything......but holy ***t

Crucifax Autumn
8/6/2010, 09:52 PM
I think both sides are dooshes that can't even come close to the awesome that is the Sooners.

CBUS_SOONER
8/7/2010, 07:43 AM
I live in the heart of it (living in Columbus and n laws live in Ann Arbor)... Here is my take on the fan bases. Tosu fans have nothing else to live for except Tosu football. Fans are classless (spit on you, throw bags of ****, etc...). All they want to do is beat Meechigan. Some Meechigan fans would rather beat michigan state than Tosu(that really pisses off suckeye fans). Meechigan fans seem to be A LOT more educated and classier. Been to both places (basketball and football) for games and its not even close in regards to what institution has class and which one doesn't.

oudavid1
8/7/2010, 02:33 PM
Well at the end of the day, we divide 98,000 people 50/50 because a home and home is out of the question

47straight
8/8/2010, 05:21 PM
I've been to OU/Texas, and Michigan/Ohio State at the big house.

OU/Texas by a mile.

BillyBall
8/8/2010, 05:25 PM
I've been to OU/Texas, and Michigan/Ohio State at the big house.

OU/Texas by a mile.

Ive been to OU/Texas 7 times and Michigan/tOSU 3 times. All 3 Michigan/tOSU games were at the "Big House". I completely disagree, the hatred between those 2 fan bases is much more intense.

Especially because tOSU admits anyone that can ****ing speak into their university. It's a giant ****ing community college and UM has a bunch of ****ing engineer majors that couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper sack. They have a ginormous inferiority complex, and they should.

XingTheRubicon
8/8/2010, 05:25 PM
Alabama/Auburn makes everything else look like romper room.

BillyBall
8/8/2010, 05:27 PM
I mean I've never seen someone get their sack ripped off like what happened in OKC a few years ago, but I have seen fights every year.

JLEW1818
8/8/2010, 05:27 PM
i like HBO Thursday nights at like 11 pm ....

badger
8/8/2010, 05:29 PM
If KU and Mizzou both had good football programs, they'd be a really crazy rivalry game like it was when they were both competing for the Big 12 North and a potential nat'l title berth a few years ago.

I mean, Ohio and Michigan, Oklahoma and Texas, Auburn and Alabama hate each other over sports, yes, but Missouri actually torched Lawrence.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/8/2010, 06:35 PM
Eddie George played in tOSU/Michigan and was a guest of TRRW during OU/texas...He said OU/texas was a bigger better rivalry game...by a lot

VMG
8/8/2010, 06:46 PM
Grew up in Michigan. Been to several UM/OSU, including the 1971 game in Ann Arbor when Woody tore down the sideline markers (after an incredible interception by M safety Tom Darden). Been to many, many OU/Tx dating from 1972...

Not even close -- OU/Tx.

SoonerKnight
8/8/2010, 06:55 PM
In 2005, the Dallas Morning News asked the 119 Division 1A football coaches to identify the top rivalry game in college football. The Red River Rivalry ranked third, behind Ohio State-Michigan and Army-Navy.[3]

I would think that OU-tx would be a bigger rivalry.

cheezyq
8/8/2010, 11:40 PM
I know a few Michigan and OSU fans transplanted from their home states to the KC area. They love their football, but they're nowhere near as rabid as the OU/Texas fans I know.

On the other hand, I know some LSU and Bama fans up here, and they're every bit as rabid as OU/Texas fans. I think the general hatred for rival teams probably runs stronger in the south.

Not scientific, I know, but just an observation.

MrJimBeam
8/9/2010, 09:18 AM
When was the last time 600 UM/tOSU fans ended up in jail the night before the game?

King Barry's Back
8/10/2010, 05:35 AM
When was the last time 600 UM/tOSU fans ended up in jail the night before the game?

Yeah, but when was the last time 600 Sooners/TXans were arrested? It's been a while.

BTW, do people still go to Commerce Street to hurl insults? Or do they just go to gentrified West End?