PDA

View Full Version : Is ESPN 3D airing any OU games?

achiro
8/6/2010, 08:48 AM
Hadn't heard. I'm pretty done with this whole 3d thing though. Avatar is the only decent 3D I've ever seen. The rest are just a waste. I have a feeling sports in 3D won't add much and, at this point, I sure as heck don't have any desire to run out and buy a new tv just to get the 3D feature.

madillsoonerfan5353
8/6/2010, 10:22 AM
Hadn't heard. I'm pretty done with this whole 3d thing though. Avatar is the only decent 3D I've ever seen. The rest are just a waste. I have a feeling sports in 3D won't add much and, at this point, I sure as heck don't have any desire to run out and buy a new tv just to get the 3D feature.

Word to your mother!:D

badger
8/6/2010, 10:36 AM
I bet they'd do it for RRS. My guess is that equipment is so insanely costly and tough to move around that it'll follow the ESPN College Gameday Crew. Yes, you might be seeing Erin Andrews in 3D. :rolleyes:

gaylordfan1
8/6/2010, 10:38 AM
3D makes me nauseated!

KantoSooner
8/6/2010, 10:56 AM
I bet they'd do it for RRS. My guess is that equipment is so insanely costly and tough to move around that it'll follow the ESPN College Gameday Crew. Yes, you might be seeing Erin Andrews in 3D. :rolleyes:

several years ago, I worked on a project to do holographic displays. Very cool. You'd have a little dais in your living room that projected 3D images into the air above it. You could literally walk around and see whatever from every different angle. In football terms, you'd be floating like the blimp and be able to cruise around the stadium and zoom in and out.
There were only three problems: The display unit cost about $300K, the cameras to capture the images were about 100 X as costly (not per unit but as a system) as current generation and there is absolutely no way to remaster old movies and the like to 'upgrade' them. Thus all content would have to be newly filmed.
Don't anticipate this coming to a rec room near you anytime soon.