PDA

View Full Version : Post Caravan synopsis...

gaylordfan1
8/5/2010, 10:44 PM
I just got home from the OU caravan tonight. I was actually a pretty neat deal. To add what Colly said in another thread, Stoops seems pretty impressed with his incoming freshmen and the team as a whole. He said the team started this morning at 7:30 with running times. Said he was happy with the speed he saw and the effort being displayed. He said its early and he hasn't seen any of the noobs in pads but he expects this to be the best recruiting class he has ever signed while at OU. He touched a little bit on the offensive line but nothing that we haven't already heard from him during the Big XII media day. So, my impatience still lingers... Still waiting for that first snap!

Collier11
8/5/2010, 10:48 PM
But did he say we have Florida speed?

goingoneight
8/5/2010, 10:54 PM
Our first snap last year was a false start. :(

gaylordfan1
8/5/2010, 10:56 PM

Thats pretty funny.... I try to forget about that!

prrriiide
8/6/2010, 02:14 AM

http://img.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/1/0/0/2/7/5/1/1/orig-10027511.jpg

fadada1
8/6/2010, 07:56 AM
But did he say we have Florida speed?
Ummmmm, NO!!! DUH!!!

:D

IronHorseSooner
8/6/2010, 02:16 PM
The fact is that FLA doesn't have FLA speed. Those times are inflated, as it was either ESPN or the NFL Network that did a piece on that last year after Haden's poor performance at the combine, and how other guys had times that were not close to what they posted.

On another note, not only was OUr first sanp last year a false start, but the second one was as well. We had two straight false starts.

Mississippi Sooner
8/6/2010, 02:25 PM
Speaking of incredible speeds, anybody remember last year when tOSU claimed that Terrelle Pryor ran a 4.33 40?

How did the SEC let him slip by?

IronHorseSooner
8/6/2010, 02:25 PM
That means if he played at FLA, he would run a sub 4.0 40!

badger
8/6/2010, 03:29 PM
If some of you guys haven't been to one of these before, they're definitely worth attending, if for no other reason than to show the coaches that they have loyal fans outside Norman :)

The more local caravans usually feature players too, but all caravans have the top coaches there (Sherri, Stoops and Capel) with the autograph lines... and yes, adults, your attendance entitles you to an autograph, so it is OK.

There's also food, so you get something for your thirty bucks ($15 if you're a kid, I think)

gaylordfan1
8/6/2010, 03:46 PM
They also had a cash bar! Thats always a plus.

Mazeppa
8/6/2010, 08:02 PM
I went to the one here in Tulsa in the spring of 99. Before Stoops coached a game at OU. There were maybe fifty people there. Got Bobs autograph shook his hand and wished him luck. The next year maybe two or three hundred people and the year after that, very long lines.