PDA

View Full Version : Bite Me. Texas to play Notre Dame in 2015

sendbaht
8/5/2010, 06:24 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texas-notredameseries

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE the only real reason I posted this is the BS "two of the most successful and storied programs in college football" again, PLEASEEEEEEEEEE. Yes even has been Notre Dame deserves the title but Texas...... What do you think?

AUSTIN, Texas (AP)—Texas and Notre Dame have agreed to a four-game series starting in 2015 that brings together two of the most successful and storied programs in college football.

The Longhorns are scheduled to play in South Bend on Sept. 5, 2015. The Fighting Irish are slated to play in Austin on Sept. 3, 2016, and again on Aug. 31, 2019.

The Longhorns return to South Bend on Sept. 12, 2020.

Texas is No. 2 in NCAA history with 845 wins. Notre Dame is third with 837.

They have played 10 times, with the Fighting Irish winning eight. The last time the Longhorns beat Notre Dame was in the 1970 Cotton Bowl. The victory capped off Texas’ national championship season. The Irish and Longhorns last played in 1996 at Austin.

Leroy Lizard
8/5/2010, 06:30 PM

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE the only real reason I posted this is the BS "two of the most successful and storied programs in college football" agian, PLEASEEEEEEEEEE. Yes even has been Notre Damn deserves the title but Texas......

Texas is indeed one of the most storied programs in college football.

"I was only texting when I ran into the apartment building."

King Barry's Back
8/6/2010, 06:24 AM
Texas is indeed one of the most storied programs in college football.

"I was only texting when I ran into the apartment building."

Can you elaborate on this, please?

Dio
8/6/2010, 07:53 AM
Leroy's referring to the great stories that surround this "storied" program.

Like the one that goes "I coulda sworn that bitch had my plasma..."

SoonerPr8r
8/6/2010, 08:38 AM
"We knew how much time was left on the clock"

fadada1
8/6/2010, 08:51 AM
people, people, peolpe. think how many national championship texas would have if wind never blew at games. and i'm shocked that notre dame has only 28 heisman trophy winners.

fools, all of you.

TexasLidig8r
8/6/2010, 09:22 AM

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE the only real reason I posted this is the BS "two of the most successful and storied programs in college football" again, PLEASEEEEEEEEEE. Yes even has been Notre Dame deserves the title but Texas...... What do you think?

AUSTIN, Texas (AP)—Texas and Notre Dame have agreed to a four-game series starting in 2015 that brings together two of the most successful and storied programs in college football.

The Longhorns are scheduled to play in South Bend on Sept. 5, 2015. The Fighting Irish are slated to play in Austin on Sept. 3, 2016, and again on Aug. 31, 2019.

The Longhorns return to South Bend on Sept. 12, 2020.

Texas is No. 2 in NCAA history with 845 wins. Notre Dame is third with 837.

They have played 10 times, with the Fighting Irish winning eight. The last time the Longhorns beat Notre Dame was in the 1970 Cotton Bowl. The victory capped off Texas’ national championship season. The Irish and Longhorns last played in 1996 at Austin.

Ok.. I'll play.

There are what... 120 schools playing D1 football.

Let's look at recent history.

How many schools have more BCS wins?
How many schools have more BCS national championships?
How many schools have won at least 10 games 9 years in a row?
How many schools have more victories since 1990?
What school has played in the two highest rated BCS national championship games?

If you look at overall history.

How many schools have more victories? (1)
How many schools have been in more bowl games? (1)
How many schools have more bowl victories? (4)

When you factor in All Americans, conference championships, television appearances, there is no dispute that Texas is one of the most storied programs.

You may hate us but you can't deny the accomplishments and if you DON'T think Texas is one of the most storied programs, you don't know college football.

In no particular order, I could make a case that all of the following programs should be included in the class of "most storied programs":

Texas
Oklahoma
USC
Alabama
Nebraska
Ohio State
Neutered Dame
Michigan

fadada1
8/6/2010, 09:37 AM
lid, please stop supporting your argument with facts. that just won't fly. also, if your list is in "no particular order", why did you put texas on top?

;)

texaspokieokie
8/6/2010, 09:37 AM
Lid got all "up tight" !!!

crawfish
8/6/2010, 09:56 AM
In no particular order...

Texas
Oklahoma
USC
Alabama
Nebraska
Ohio State
Neutered Dame
Michigan

Hey, I'll order them for you.

Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Alabama
USC
Nebraska
Michigan
Texas
Ohio State

:)

TexasLidig8r
8/6/2010, 10:13 AM
Hey, I'll order them for you.

Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Alabama
USC
Nebraska
Michigan
Texas
Ohio State

:)

That would be an order to go. :D

Mississippi Sooner
8/6/2010, 10:14 AM
You want fries with that?

soonerboy_odanorth
8/6/2010, 10:24 AM
As expected, the Irish and Longhorns finalized a four-game stand today for 2015-16 and 2019-20, beginning in South Bend and finishing there five years later. Both sides may now begin practicing their most enthusiastic golf claps. - Dr. Saturday blog

badger
8/6/2010, 10:28 AM
hey now guys, at least Texas is scheduling non-conference opponents that MIGHT not suck by the time the home-and-home rolls around.

:P and we all know ND will just buy out the series when they have to travel to austin

TexasLidig8r
8/6/2010, 10:47 AM
And we get exposure to some of the fugliest college co-eds back to back in two consecutive years...

2015 -- South Bend, then, the next week.. Cal Berzerkely at home
2016 -- Neutered Dame in Austin. .the next week.. on the road at Berzerkely.

There's gonna be some hairy thighed, birkenstock, no make up wearing, stringy haired young women to ignore on the horizon.

badger
8/6/2010, 10:48 AM
Cal too, eh? Was UTEP or Wyoming unavailable? ;)

Seamus
8/6/2010, 11:05 AM
You want fries with that?

I'll take "What does a university of texas grad say" for $800, Alex ...

Herr Scholz
8/6/2010, 11:07 AM
And we get exposure to some of the fugliest college co-eds back to back in two consecutive years...

There's gonna be some hairy thighed, birkenstock, no make up wearing, stringy haired young women to ignore on the horizon.
Yes, but Lid, don't forget we get to enjoy very nice Ole Miss girls over the next 2 to 3 years. And BYU girls? Not sure about them other than they probably won't be at the bars. And don't forget we got out of the series with the Gophers so that's a plus.

KantoSooner
8/6/2010, 11:07 AM

You forget the issue of armpit hair. I've seen some women in Italy and France who I would almost forgive for this sin.....but then I remember just how close SE Asia actually is in these days of jet travel and know in my heart that such sacrifice really just isn't necessary.

Mississippi Sooner
8/6/2010, 11:08 AM
I'll take "What does a university of texas grad say" for $800, Alex ...

Only the ones with bachelor's degrees. The ones with post-graduate work get to be shift supervisors and stuff.

Mississippi Sooner
8/6/2010, 11:13 AM
Yes, but Lid, don't forget we get to enjoy very nice Ole Miss girls over the next 2 to 3 years. And BYU girls? Not sure about them other than they probably won't be at the bars. And don't forget we got out of the series with the Gophers so that's a plus.

The Grove at Ole Miss is something every football fan ought to experience once. I've never seen tailgating exactly like that anywhere else.

fwsooner22
8/6/2010, 11:36 AM
Rice, UCLA, Wyoming and Florida Atlantic. ** is an embarrassment to the conference their state and their fan base and their student body. If they have ONE loss they are out of the national championship conversation AGAIN. If ** is such an a superior academic institution why can't they learn from their mistakes.

delhalew
8/6/2010, 12:10 PM

BYU girls are some of the dirtiest hookers on the face of the planet...PIITB

PalmBeachSooner
8/6/2010, 12:29 PM

There are a LOT of good looking women of all ages in Utah. Seriously.

TexasLidig8r
8/6/2010, 12:47 PM
Rice, UCLA, Wyoming and Florida Atlantic. ** is an embarrassment to the conference their state and their fan base and their student body. If they have ONE loss they are out of the national championship conversation AGAIN. If ** is such an a superior academic institution why can't they learn from their mistakes.

Try to keep up. We have moved on to talking about college coeds now. Jebus.

As for the schedule, Rice is to keep the thousands of alums in Houston happy. .and the players who come from there.

UCLA.. what happened the last time you played UCLA out there?

Wyoming was a last second substitution for Arkansas who bagged out on us. Chattanooga and Idaho State and Utah State were too busy with you.

Florida Atlantic was to attempt to increase our presence in Florida.

Now.. back to what this thread evolved to...

http://www.hogwild.net/images/Misc/cheerleaders-university-texas-pom-squad.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
8/6/2010, 01:00 PM
UT is actually leaving the state of texass, or maybe Rick Perry plans on annexing Indiana by them. Anyways, this is truly a momentous occasion.

TexasLidig8r
8/6/2010, 01:19 PM
UT is actually leaving the state of texass, or maybe Rick Perry plans on annexing Indiana by them. Anyways, this is truly a momentous occasion.

Rick Perry's hair has not moved since his days as a Milkman in aggsyland.

(going stream of consciousness here)

SoonerAtKU
8/6/2010, 01:20 PM
UCLA.. what happened the last time you played UCLA out there?

I still can't believe you guys scored 3 in that 1997 game. In some ways, you should be thankful for UCLA, because they helped get rid of Mackovic, right?

47straight
8/6/2010, 02:20 PM
The real story is that the spin in Austin is that the home-and-home with is desperately needed........

by Notre Dame.

TexasLidig8r
8/6/2010, 03:20 PM
I still can't believe you guys scored 3 in that 1997 game. In some ways, you should be thankful for UCLA, because they helped get rid of Mackovic, right?

That was in John Mackovic's "Farewell Tear Down the Goal Post Tour" Season

Missouri tore down the goal posts.
Okie Lite tore down the goal posts.
Flippin Baylor tore down the goal post.

Mackovic gone.. Mack in and since that time...

Misery, Okie Lite and Baylor are a combined 0 - 30 against Texas.

fwsooner22
8/6/2010, 06:30 PM
That was in John Mackovic's "Farewell Tear Down the Goal Post Tour" Season

Missouri tore down the goal posts.
Okie Lite tore down the goal posts.
Flippin Baylor tore down the goal post.

Mackovic gone.. Mack in and since that time...

Misery, Okie Lite and Baylor are a combined 0 - 30 against Texas.

And the list of Macks Marquee wins goes like this........

1) USC
2) OU
3) Ohio State
4) Michigan
5) LSU

WoooooHOOOOOOOO We are **

sendbaht
8/6/2010, 07:59 PM
"We knew how much time was left on the clock"

or SoonerPr8r....After OU beat TX...."we did not lose we just ran out of time"
MB.....something like that....