PDA

View Full Version : Mayonnaise

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2004, 02:21 PM
Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's Mayonnaise (known as Best Foods on the US West Coast) was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.... But as we know....the great ship did not make it to New York...The ship hit an iceberg and sank....and the cargo was forever lost....

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery....were disconsolate at the loss....

Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning which they still observe to this day...

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th....and is known....of course....as

Sinko de Mayo.... :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/10/2004, 02:28 PM
Retirement has made you cornier than before. . .;)

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2004, 02:32 PM
yeah i know its uber corny....but it made me laugh so i thought i'd share it!

mrowl
5/10/2004, 02:36 PM
you got my the same voice mail from our CEO!

OUthunder
5/10/2004, 03:03 PM
OK, but what about Miracle Whip. When I was a young lad, I thought they were one in the same.

crawfish
5/10/2004, 03:05 PM
Ewww...don't lick it off your arm.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/10/2004, 03:33 PM
Miracle Whip is gross.

Mjcpr
5/10/2004, 03:38 PM
Miracle Whip is the best.
I agree.

OUthunder
5/10/2004, 03:47 PM
Nothing beats hellman's.

Flagstaffsooner
5/10/2004, 04:03 PM
SFJK is now an honorary aggie.

soonerbrat
5/4/2006, 09:02 AM
a few years ago i was in a cinco de "mayo" mayo eating contest..it was for a trip to cancun..corn tortillas filled with mayo about an inch thick.

i was sick for days and i didn't even win. i ate 8 of those bad boys and the winner ate 16 of them.

Scott D
5/4/2006, 09:03 AM
a few years ago i was in a cinco de "mayo" mayo eating contest..it was for a trip to cancun..corn tortillas filled with mayo about an inch thick.

i was sick for days and i didn't even win. i ate 8 of those bad boys and the winner ate 16 of them.

that's 8 more than I would have even tried..

blech...mayonnaise...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/4/2006, 09:04 AM
I agree.ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

soonerbrat
5/4/2006, 09:04 AM
i haven't been able to stomach corn tortillas or regular mayo since then. miracle whip is OK.

critical_phil
5/4/2006, 09:11 AM
mayo=suck

i once threw a hamburger at the hardee's drive thru lady because they put mayo on my burger.

it's also why i won't eat at wendy's. they'll put mayo on it no matter how it's ordered....

Scott D
5/4/2006, 09:12 AM
I know you f'n hillbillies have mind control juice in that mayo stuff...s'why a brotha won't eat it ;)

Oldnslo
5/4/2006, 10:23 AM
mayo=suck

i once threw a hamburger at the hardee's drive thru lady because they put mayo on my burger.

it's also why i won't eat at wendy's. they'll put mayo on it no matter how it's ordered....
1. Mayo > Miracle Whip. Snot even close.

2. What do you call 4 Mexicans in quicksand?

Quatro Sinko

3. I once defended a chain-restaraunt from a civil case arising from an incident not-unlike the one Brother Critical Phil describes. Seems it all started with "... make that a cheeseburger, @sshole." So, when Ordering Dude came 'round to pick up his food, it got launched into his convertible, airmail. Dude comes out to protest, offering fisticuffs and Drive-Through Employee of the Month clocks him with the metal bar used to keep orders in a neat row. The Employee claimed it was a "defense rod" and that he'd been trained to use it as such. :eddie:

TexasLidig8r
5/4/2006, 10:32 AM
3. I once defended a chain-restaraunt from a civil case arising from an incident not-unlike the one Brother Critical Phil describes. Seems it all started with "... make that a cheeseburger, @sshole." So, when Ordering Dude came 'round to pick up his food, it got launched into his convertible, airmail. Dude comes out to protest, offering fisticuffs and Drive-Through Employee of the Month clocks him with the metal bar used to keep orders in a neat row. The Employee claimed it was a "defense rod" and that he'd been trained to use it as such. :eddie:

Defense.... employee was not acting within the course and scope of his employment and in fact, was acting outside the specific training received by employees therefore, summary judgment for the restaurant is proper.

Before summary judgment motion is ruled upon by the court, said restaurant pays a nuisance settlement of $2,500.00.

Yes?

Oldnslo
5/4/2006, 10:38 AM
Employee's testimony pretty much torpedoed SJ. MSJ's are not favored under OK law; it's yet another reason to try to get a case removed to federal court.

Yeah, it settled. Not for $2,500.

critical_phil
5/4/2006, 10:48 AM
I once defended a chain-restaraunt from a civil case arising from an incident not-unlike the one Brother Critical Phil describes. Seems it all started with "... make that a cheeseburger, @sshole." So, when Ordering Dude came 'round to pick up his food, it got launched into his convertible, airmail. Dude comes out to protest, offering fisticuffs and Drive-Through Employee of the Month clocks him with the metal bar used to keep orders in a neat row. The Employee claimed it was a "defense rod" and that he'd been trained to use it as such. :eddie:

i guess i'm lucky i didn't hit mr. employee of the month. the burger didn't really hit the lady (the windows were closed). i had a bad (and quick) temper back then.

in my defense, i'd been driving for about 8 hours and all i wanted was a hamburger, (-) mayo, (+) mustard.

if it says (-) mayo, (+) mustard on the receipt, i get upset. nowdays, i don't throw anything. i just ask for my money back. of course they always offer to make me a new one or give me something free. no thanks, i'll just drive to taco bell.

then i go see if the retards at taco bell can make an order with no sour cream........

SoonerAtKU
5/4/2006, 11:21 AM
then i go see if the retards at taco bell can make an order with no sour cream........

FYI...they can't. Taco Bell is by far the worst I've seen at getting any order change correct.

SoonerAtKU
5/4/2006, 11:23 AM
Also, I just tried to tell my wife I need a "defense rod" for protection. I don't think she's going for it. Maybe if I call it a "simmer-down stick" she'll let me have one.

BoomerJack
5/4/2006, 12:28 PM
Mayonnaise..... a lot of people here tonite!

This from Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck Dictionary"

crawfish
5/4/2006, 01:05 PM
Never....ever....ever....insult someone who's responsible for preparing your food where you can't see them do it.

Oldnslo
5/4/2006, 01:23 PM
From time to time, when the Wife Unit wishes to be a bit saucy, she'll advise me to "make it a cheeseburger".

pb4ou
5/4/2006, 01:26 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9716/mayo8mf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)