PDA

View Full Version : Note to bigamists and those contemplating bigamy...

Okla-homey
8/5/2010, 11:13 AM
Make sure wife no. 2 does not post about the wedding on her Facebook page.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/08/05/1603219/on-facebook-wife-learns-of-husbands.html

saucysoonergal
8/5/2010, 11:15 AM
One spouse is more than enough. ;)

yermom
8/5/2010, 03:14 PM
he took the kids with him?

he's doing it wrong :D

Leroy Lizard
8/5/2010, 03:17 PM
A girlfriend recommended checking the woman's Facebook page, which was then open to the public, France says, but has since become private. There, France found evidence of an unfolding relationship that she still couldn't wrap her head around. Overwhelmed with two young children, she confronted her husband. She says he told her he wouldn't actually go through with the wedding.

Oh, then it's all good.

stoopified
8/5/2010, 03:45 PM
My wife says I need a mistress,wonder if she would get upset if my mistress posts on Facebook?

I am crrently taking applications for the position. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/5/2010, 03:46 PM
thats what I need. 2 womens with headaches

47straight
8/5/2010, 04:31 PM
Don't h8 on other people's marriages.

badger
8/5/2010, 05:03 PM
thats what I need. 2 womens with headaches

It's football season, so it's you boys who are the headaches now, not the other way around :P

You don't see us women yelling at the television screen, booing the refs or hiding in another room before/during/after games in fear of creating too much of a scene.

:O well, cept me i guess

Okla-homey
8/5/2010, 05:19 PM
I gotta say, as a guy who in my brief legal career has observed several parties run aground on the rocks and drown in lawsuits BECAUSE THEY POSTED STUFF ON SOCIAL NETWORK SITES just know:

1) it ain't private, nor can you claim it is private if you posted it.
2) it is discoverable by the other side...meaning you can't deny it exists or refuse to furnish your log-in ID and passwords to peruse your entire posting history if asked for same in the context of litigation
3) DO NOT POST MEAN STUFF ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE LIABLE TO SUE YOU
4) Do not post pictures of anything you wouldn't want the other side to blow up to 3'x5', mount on foam board, and put on an easel in front of the judge and jury.
5) Unlike paper documents that can be burned or shredded, e-mails are permanent. They never realy go away. Ditto text messages and "tweets." Deleting same from your computer or phone hardly slows the other side down in acquiring them.

And a corrollary to the above is this for the kids. Potential employers at the kind of place you dream of working will check your Facebook page and may ask you to "friend" them during the application process. So keep that in mind before posting photos of yourself doing keg headstands at the big party with your skirt covering your face.

bluedogok
8/5/2010, 09:15 PM
It's football season, so it's you boys who are the headaches now, not the other way around :P

You don't see us women yelling at the television screen, booing the refs or hiding in another room before/during/after games in fear of creating too much of a scene.

:O well, cept me i guess
You aren't the only female like that. my wife is that way about Tech and Dallas Cowboy games and my sister is that way about OU and Packer games.