PDA

View Full Version : Football practice...

gaylordfan1
8/5/2010, 10:08 AM
starts today. Soonersports has the lineup of scheduled practices. I'm guessing they will be posting video of the highlights of the first practice later today. Well, they usually do. :pop:

gaylordfan1
8/5/2010, 10:09 AM
They also have the depth-chart listed. Not much different than in the spring. Non of the fresh are listed. I thought Stills would have been at least on the 2 deep.

swardboy
8/5/2010, 11:55 AM
Nice rain in my town last night and today. It's giving me FALL FEVER! And this thread isn't helping...:D

P.S. Great seasons are the product of overcoming all expectations and adversity...May this be day 1 of OU's greatest season. Is anyone out there really expecting #8 to come this year?

goingoneight
8/5/2010, 11:57 AM
Is Jonathon Miller slated to redshirt since he didn't a year ago? I would think if we can get a nice 1-2 punch with Murray-Calhoun and throw Madu in the 'garbage time' at RB, that we might want to hold Miller, Clay and Finch out for next year. That is, unless we have an AD or a early-contributing Q/DM in the bunch that we can't keep off the field.

gaylordfan1
8/5/2010, 01:56 PM
Is Jonathon Miller slated to redshirt since he didn't a year ago? I would think if we can get a nice 1-2 punch with Murray-Calhoun and throw Madu in the 'garbage time' at RB, that we might want to hold Miller, Clay and Finch out for next year. That is, unless we have an AD or a early-contributing Q/DM in the bunch that we can't keep off the field.

Well, Murray spoke pretty high on Finch. So, maybe one of the fresh backs get thrown into the mix this season. I bet one will play and one will RS.

OK2U
8/6/2010, 12:14 PM
Meanwhile, in Troy:

LOS ANGELES -- USC cornerback T.J. Bryant underwent surgery on his cheekbone Thursday as a result of a fight with fullback Stanley Havili.

The fight broke out near the end of a players-only workout last Friday, Trojans coach Lane Kiffin said. The players were finishing a relay drill when an argument escalated into a physical confrontation. Bryant, who was competing for a starting job this fall, is expected to miss three to four weeks. The Trojans open their season in Hawaii on Sept. 2.

Havili, a fifth-year senior, was USC's fourth-leading rusher and No. 4 receiver last season.

IT'S L.A., AND IT'S LIVE

ESPNLosAngeles.com For more about this and coverage of the complete Los Angeles sports scene, visit ESPNLosAngeles.com. »

"It's very out of character. Sometimes, people show leadership in the wrong ways," Kiffin said. "This was a situation where Stanley tried to step in to get guys to finish without the coaches being there. He was showing leadership to get guys to finish at a level he's used to. My understanding is there was a back-and-forth and some pushing. Obviously, it didn't end well."

soonerboy_odanorth
8/6/2010, 12:19 PM
Obviously, it didn't end well.

Nor will it for you, Chuckie Jr., nor will it for you.....

OK2U
8/6/2010, 12:32 PM
Practice slide show photos show Ronell working out with the LBs & taking sled reps with the DEs.
Stoops said yesterday they need to get him on the field, and mentioned a few weeks ago at the Big 12 media days they might move him to the interior line in certain formations.
He's all over the place!
(Oh, he also compared him physically to AD yesterday)

ouleaf
8/6/2010, 12:38 PM
Practice slide show photos show Ronell working out with the LBs & taking sled reps with the DEs.
Stoops said yesterday they need to get him on the field, and mentioned a few weeks ago at the Big 12 media days they might move him to the interior line in certain formations.
He's all over the place!

Interior line? I thought maybe something more like more like Beal's position maybe, where he kind of plays as a combo DE/LB hybrid.

sooner518
8/6/2010, 01:05 PM
He's all over the place!

this excites me greatly. i dont know why, but it just makes me feel like theyre throwing him out there and just telling him to kick some *** wherever they put him

stoopified
8/6/2010, 01:27 PM
this excites me greatly. i dont know why, but it just makes me feel like theyre throwing him out there and just telling him to kick some *** wherever they put himThe Hammer reminds me of Travian Smith and Aubrey Beavers;big,fast,freakishly athletic.

oudavid1
8/6/2010, 01:35 PM
but it just makes me feel like theyre throwing him out there and just telling him to kick some *** wherever they put him

Thanks, no im more pump then when i watch my videos