PDA

View Full Version : Andre Ware's at it again.

TMcGee86
8/4/2010, 02:46 PM
Only this time, in a great way. Let's hope he's still clairvoyant.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/08/04/andre-ware-sooners-to-reach-double-digit-wins-maybe-go-12-0/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Mississippi Sooner
8/4/2010, 02:49 PM
Not sure where he's getting "arguably the best set of receivers in the country," but I hope he's right.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 02:51 PM
arguably the best set of receivers in the country

This statement is ridiculous
I like how he ignored the injuries just saying he didnt like the team because of replacing starters..like somehow it was genius he got so close on the pick last year..

He has picked wyoming to beat Texas also I believe.........

rawlingsHOH
8/4/2010, 02:51 PM
Not sure where he's getting "arguably the best set of receivers in the country," but I hope he's right.

He sees what I see. It is an absolute strength.

TMcGee86
8/4/2010, 03:01 PM
I don't think anyone would argue that Broyles is not one of the best WRs in the country, if not the best.

So if Stills pans out, or someone else steps up, it's not far off to say they are arguably the best.

Sure he's taking a gamble, but it's definitely not an out of this world prediction.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 03:02 PM
to me, when somebody says "arguably", it means most people probably will
argue.

soonerborn30
8/4/2010, 03:02 PM
I'm sorry, I can't take any prediction seriously that has Landry Jones in the Heisman discussion.

badger
8/4/2010, 03:15 PM
For the n00bs in the house or those that missed this gem last year - you must view this epic win thread. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135340&highlight=andre+ware)

C&CDean
8/4/2010, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry, I can't take any prediction seriously that has Landry Jones in the Heisman discussion.

Why not? His frosh numbers were better than Sam's, and that with a POS line.

sooner59
8/4/2010, 03:24 PM
LOL, thanks Badger, I had forgotten about that.

badger
8/4/2010, 03:25 PM
LOL, thanks Badger, I had forgotten about that.

RABBLE RABBLE! :mad:

;)

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 03:29 PM
I could see the receivers being a positive for a team but I don't see them better than what Texas, Georgia, Arkansas just to name a few..heck the group up at washington may be better..

We are talking about groups not single players..and nobody just plays 2 anymore

Its possible to be really good and not amongst the best out there...

C&CDean
8/4/2010, 03:32 PM
I'll buy the whole receiver deal when our guys actually start catching the damn ball. Our receivers cost us the NC game against Florida, and caused me to use swear words I normally never use.

soonerborn30
8/4/2010, 03:37 PM

All due respect to the Head Honcho here, but:

Ummm...no they weren't.

Sam - 3121 yds. 69.5% 9.15 yds/A 36TD 8INT 176.5 rating
LJ - 3198 yds. 58.1% 7.12 yds/A 26TD 14INT 130.83 rating

I realize that the comparison is skewed because of the massive differnce in offensive line, but LJ wasn't even close.

Sooner04
8/4/2010, 03:39 PM
Sonny Cumbie had better numbers than Sam too.

I just think about all those close games we lost last year. And the picks.

C&CDean
8/4/2010, 03:39 PM
More yards. Besides, this doesn't take into account the number of dropped passes. We had a buttload last year.

C&CDean
8/4/2010, 03:42 PM

We all know you're an LJ hater.

He got his baptism by fire last year and played behind one of the worse/banged up O-lines we've had in years. Get a little running game, some receivers who'll catch, and a half-way decent line, and you'll see how good Landry can be.

Jello Biafra
8/4/2010, 03:42 PM
the number of dropped passes. We had a buttload last year.

yes.

yes we did.

Sooner04
8/4/2010, 03:43 PM
He got his baptism by fire last year and played behind one of the worse/banged up O-lines we've had in years. Get a little running game, some receivers who'll catch, and a half-way decent line, and you'll see how good Landry can be.
Hope so.

soonerborn30
8/4/2010, 03:43 PM
All I'm saying is that it's a little ridiculous to even say his name and Heisman in the same breath with a straight face right now. If he just annihilates the first 3 home opponents, goes into Cincy and doesn't melt down, then beats UT, then yeah, Heisman-hype away. But until then...

C&CDean
8/4/2010, 03:46 PM
Who knows? It's kind of a weak year for the Heisman...

Sooner04
8/4/2010, 03:49 PM
Who knows? It's kind of a weak year for the Heisman...
That award is such a joke now. No one's even started practicing and the frontrunners are already being discussed.

rawlingsHOH
8/4/2010, 04:30 PM

Take out the Nebraska game, and he is a Freshman All-American.

Overall, still better TD/INT numbers than Heup.

Sooner04
8/4/2010, 04:36 PM
Overall, still better TD/INT numbers than Heup.
Wonderful. Heupel was also the last guy to lose five games in a season here at Oklahoma.

His year two was great. Maybe Landry's will be too.

CrimsonJim
8/4/2010, 05:32 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1R2S2AXei4Y/S0lsal5aRvI/AAAAAAAAAK0/rhuSIPX_wdU/S660/scroll+blog+title_Page_1.jpg

MI Sooner
8/4/2010, 06:44 PM

Sam lead the nation in pass efficiency as a freshman.

gaylordfan1
8/4/2010, 06:56 PM
I don't think anyone would argue that Broyles is not one of the best WRs in the country, if not the best.

So if Sims pans out, or someone else steps up, it's not far off to say they are arguably the best.

Sure he's taking a gamble, but it's definitely not an out of this world prediction.

Am I missing something? Sims? Who's that?

AlbqSooner
8/4/2010, 07:28 PM
All I'm saying is that it's a little ridiculous to even say his name and Heisman in the same breath with a straight face right now. If he just annihilates the first 3 home opponents, goes into Cincy and doesn't melt down, then beats UT, then yeah, Heisman-hype away. But until then...

"Ware, who won the Heisman himself at Houston in 1989, also believes Jones will become a Heisman contender this season."
He is not sying right now. he is just predicting your last full sentence will happen.

XingTheRubicon
8/4/2010, 09:42 PM
We've been spoiled by Sam and Colt's freshman performances.

Most Freshman suck on ice. Peyton Manning sucked, Elway sucked, many more never even saw the field because they sucked. Landry Jones' freshman season was one of the best in the history of college football. Before anyone calls me crazy, go ahead and list CFB QB's freshman seasons that were better. Alphabectically if you will.

It wasn't that Landry was that great or anything...just basically that everyone else seems to suck in the same scenario.

stoopified
8/4/2010, 09:47 PM
All due respect to the Head Honcho here, but:

Ummm...no they weren't.

Sam - 3121 yds. 69.5% 9.15 yds/A 36TD 8INT 176.5 rating
LJ - 3198 yds. 58.1% 7.12 yds/A 26TD 14INT 130.83 rating

I realize that the comparison is skewed because of the massive differnce in offensive line, but LJ wasn't even close.Beat me to it.There is no way Landry had a better frosh campaign.

Sooner04
8/4/2010, 10:20 PM
Before anyone calls me crazy, go ahead and list CFB QB's freshman seasons that were better. Alphabectically if you will.
I'll start us off:

Holieway, Jamelle

XingTheRubicon
8/4/2010, 10:54 PM
ok, that's one

TMcGee86
8/4/2010, 10:56 PM
Am I missing something? Sims? Who's that?

No, i'm just an idiot. Meant Stills. Brain fart. sorry.

goingoneight
8/4/2010, 11:02 PM
You don't think playing behind Loadholt, Robinson, Cooper, Walker, Williams, throwing to Chaney, Finley, Gresham Iglesias, Johnson and Kelly, handing off to AP/DM/CB made it easier for Sam?

I think the world of Sam's career, but any of OUr QBs were set for success that year. In 2009, we were going to need Bradford and Gresham's experience and quicker decision-making BADLY to survive.

Call it like it is... 2007 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2009.

Again, Sam is one of my favorite Sooners and I believe the best QB of the Stoops era by a wide margin... but let's be fair and recognize that you don't have a freakishly LOADED offense like that every year.

SoonerLB
8/4/2010, 11:19 PM
LJ was pretty darned good considering what he had to deal with last year, there's no reason he shouldn't be award worthy if he plays well this year. Let's just hope his passes are not as regularly dropped, and that the plays get in to him in time!

LiveLaughLove
8/4/2010, 11:45 PM
LJ can do it if he has the work ethic of a Sam or a Heupel.

If he does then katie bar the door, because he has the skill set to be great.

If he doesnt, it will show soon enough.

oudavid1
8/5/2010, 04:02 AM
As Someones sig says, I BELIEVE IN LANDRY JONES (LJ12)

gaylordfan1
8/5/2010, 09:48 AM
No, i'm just an idiot. Meant Stills. Brain fart. sorry.

Thats who I thought you meant.... we all have the farts sometime or other!

soonerborn30
8/5/2010, 10:10 AM
"Ware, who won the Heisman himself at Houston in 1989, also believes Jones will become a Heisman contender this season."
He is not sying right now. he is just predicting your last full sentence will happen.

Fair enough. I'm in the camp that doesn't think we should even be talking about Heisman right now at all. I mean, Jake Locker could seperate a shoulder in his first game or something...

gaylordfan1
8/5/2010, 10:18 AM
Well, Ware taking this stance has a lot better percentage being correct than last year. I believe he just got lucky last year. So, is he trying to win over the Sooner Nation? Maybe. I think he understands how difficult it would be for OUr team to duplicate last season.

PalmBeachSooner
8/5/2010, 12:41 PM
"And if he turns out to be a prophet again, Ware might earn back all those friends he lost in the Sooner State last year."

Andre Ware has friends? In Oklahoma?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/5/2010, 12:43 PM
a true prophet would have said your "Your Heisman winning quarterback will be injured in the 1st game as well as your tight end."

Mississippi Sooner
8/5/2010, 12:46 PM
What you all are unaware of is that Andre Ware has made millions at the sports books cuz he just knows, man.

Sooner04
8/5/2010, 12:53 PM
Some day, you guys are going to have to get over Andre Ware.

Crucifax Autumn
8/5/2010, 06:58 PM
I don't GAS what Ware says. He guessed last year and I watched anyway.

This year I'll watch for myself. Ware isn't God, he's just been lucky once.

goingoneight
8/5/2010, 08:45 PM
People are going to have to get him to pick our lottery numbers eventually.

Sooner-N-KS
8/6/2010, 07:17 AM
Andre Ware must be a genius!!!

Jenni says he's wrong........so he must be right!

http://newsok.com/jenni-carlson-andre-ware-ou/multimedia/video/424625613001

OUmillenium
8/6/2010, 08:13 AM
For the n00bs in the house or those that missed this gem last year - you must view this epic win thread. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135340&highlight=andre+ware)

That was platinum, better than gold! I missed that thread last year. Loved the KW in fetal position, hilarious...and tragically sad due to the reality of it.