PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Auction

ouleaf
8/4/2010, 12:14 PM
Welp it looks like it is down to Greenberg/Ryan and Cuban/Crane this morning.

The auction was scheduled to start at 9:00am but has kept getting pushed back. Greenberg/Ryan pushed to dismiss Cuban/Crane as an unqualified bidder, but that failed.

Despite the auction MLB has the final vote of approval on who they feel the owner should be. So even if Cuban/Crane bid higher, MLB could not approve them as owners and work with Greenberg/Ryan as the 2nd highest bidder.

Looking like bids mights start around 12:30 or so, but that is very up in the air at this moment.

Greenberg/Ryan's latest offer is $510MM. My understanding is that Cuban/Crane must offer at least $15MM more than that....after that competing bids must be at least $2MM higher.

I'm hoping Greenberg/Ryan can just win this thing outright today.

Ruf/Nek7
8/4/2010, 12:32 PM
I hope so too. As much as i would love to see Cuban take over, i do not want to see Ryan leave. It will also be nice to get this crap over with so we can start talking about resigning and building off this year.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 02:28 PM
ah Rufnek;

from that thread about coaches salaries, i couldn't come up with the name "Farda". he lived about a block west of us on other side of street.
he moved tho, while he was still @ Nimitz.

before Farda, the coaches name was Bingham, i think. his wife played on a softball team with my wife. also on the team was an assistant fball coaches
wife. very attractive.

i think Bingham went back to Breckenridge & got out of coaching.
we didn't know him, just his wife.

there was an article in DMN not too long ago about Farda. like i mentioned before, he is fighting a very serious disease.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 02:31 PM
this mess with the rangers is all the fault of hicks. of course, that's obvious.

MLB screwed the rangers several years ago, when they wouldn't accept Eddie Gaylord as an owner.

ouleaf
8/4/2010, 02:43 PM
this mess with the rangers is all the fault of hicks. of course, that's obvious.

MLB screwed the rangers several years ago, when they wouldn't accept Eddie Gaylord as an owner.

Indeed....Hicks is now the biggest sports villian in North Texas history.

Ruf/Nek7
8/4/2010, 03:31 PM
Hicks has also put his soccer club several million in debt as well. Apparently everything he touches turns to $h!t

Ruf/Nek7
8/4/2010, 03:33 PM
Texaspokieokie,

Yeah im familiar with who was there before just Farda. I played under Farda for 1 year before i went straight baseball. Now former defensive coordinator, under Farda, Hohenberger has taken over and is taking Nimitz back to the playoffs. Its been awhile.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 04:45 PM
like to see Nimitz do really well !!!

ouleaf
8/4/2010, 05:00 PM
Back on topic....doesn't really look like this is going to get finished up today.

Ryan/Greenberg attorney's have been hammering that Cuban/Crane group has yet to submit a qualified bids.

ouleaf
8/5/2010, 08:34 AM
Looks like Greenberg and Ryan will be officially announced the winners of the auction sometime today with a bid of $593MM. The bidding went well into the night last night at the court house. This is the best case scenario for the club hands down.

Ruf/Nek7
8/5/2010, 10:57 AM
Well as an avid Rangers follower i wouldnt have minded having Cuban as owner. With no salary cap, it would have been fun to watch. I am pleased that Nolan is going to be around long term bc he is an essential part to our success today. I also feel that will keep JD around longer too. Just glad we have an owner so we can go resign Cliff Lee!