PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones on Manning watch list

badger
8/4/2010, 11:46 AM
They put every returning starter on this list I've heard, but still cool.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100804_92_0_Oklaho689345)

goingoneight
8/4/2010, 01:49 PM
I thought LJ did a REALLY good job last year considering that offense was NOT set for success and he had no warning for being the guy two quarters in like it all worked out.
We're as set at QB as we've ever been I think and he just kinda seems to be flying under the radar.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 02:02 PM
1/3 of starting quarterbacks in division1 will make the watch list...WOOT!

Crucifax Autumn
8/4/2010, 02:06 PM
At least he's in the top 3rd then!

SoonerInLubbock
8/4/2010, 02:07 PM
I thought LJ did a REALLY good job last year considering that offense was NOT set for success and he had no warning for being the guy two quarters in like it all worked out.
We're as set at QB as we've ever been I think and he just kinda seems to be flying under the radar.

Agree w this 100% ^^^....Landry may be flying under the radar for now. But I have high hopes for this QB. A true talent and a good kid. He fits right into the Bob Stoops system. Great attitude for a guy his age.

I'm actually glad we are flying under the radar as an entire team. When OU has a chip on there shoulder....watch out! :pop:

soonerborn30
8/4/2010, 02:11 PM
How exactly is he flying under the radar? He's on this watch list, and he was just about every single analyst's key to our entire season. Well, him and the O-line and receivers. You're never under the radar as the Quarterback at a school like Oklahoma. I'm pretty sure it's impossible for us to fly under the radar anymore. We've beaten WAY too many asses the last 11 years to do that.

SoonerInLubbock
8/4/2010, 02:20 PM
How exactly is he flying under the radar? He's on this watch list, and he was just about every single analyst's key to our entire season. Well, him and the O-line and receivers. You're never under the radar as the Quarterback at a school like Oklahoma. I'm pretty sure it's impossible for us to fly under the radar anymore. We've beaten WAY too many asses the last 11 years to do that.

Compared to previous years (for OU) I would consider us flying under the radar, granted just barely. Even looking at the polls compared to this time last year, I would say even the national expectation of OU is SLIGHTLY less than usual. Wasn't trying to get your feathers ruffled. Just stating my opinion. I have very high expectations as I usually do. And I have seen what kind of damage OU can do with a chip on there shoulder. Guess I'm ready to see that chip again....Sooner Magic if you will.

AZSOONER
8/4/2010, 02:21 PM
He needs to approach this year not trying to be Sam. Play safe, we have a good team, punts aren't bad things. Next year try to win the Heisman.

soonerborn30
8/4/2010, 02:27 PM
Compared to previous years (for OU) I would consider us flying under the radar, granted just barely. Even looking at the polls compared to this time last year, I would say even the national expectation of OU is SLIGHTLY less than usual. Wasn't trying to get your feathers ruffled. Just stating my opinion. I have very high expectations as I usually do. And I have seen what kind of damage OU can do with a chip on there shoulder. Guess I'm ready to see that chip again....Sooner Magic if you will.

No feathers ruffled at all. I agree, I want us to come out that pissed off monster we were against Tech. I just wanna see the...the...

SWAGGER!!

badger
8/4/2010, 02:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Landry is a very solid quarterback... but I don't think he's on the same tier as Sammie, Jason or Josh.

Under Stoops... still ranks high, though!

Heisman tier: Sam Bradford, Jason White, Josh Heupel

High tier: Landry Jones, Nate Hybl

Mid tier: ENA

Crap tier: Rhett Bomar

Sooner04
8/4/2010, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't put Landry above or alongside any QB who has won a Big 12 Championship just yet.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/4/2010, 02:40 PM
Geez, he was just a freshman last year. Let him beat Texas and win a couple Big XII championships and then I'll start mentioning his name in the same sentence as Heupel, White, and Bradford.

badger
8/4/2010, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't put Landry above or alongside any QB who has won a Big 12 Championship just yet.

Good point. Hybl and ENA both had Big 12 titles.

Landry, you are officially off "high tier" and ON NOTICE.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2h3oqyq.jpg

Mississippi Sooner
8/5/2010, 12:30 PM
Good point. Hybl and ENA both had Big 12 titles.

Landry, you are officially off "high tier" and ON NOTICE.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2h3oqyq.jpg

Thanks for sharing that site. I am sooo gonna use that at several places around the interweb.