JohnnyMack
8/4/2010, 10:01 AM
You heard it here first.

olevetonahill
8/4/2010, 10:11 AM
What leads you to this conclusion ?

OklahomaTuba
8/4/2010, 10:28 AM
What's the point? To be VP for what, 2 years max?

JohnnyMack
8/4/2010, 10:39 AM
The Dems are about to get butt raped in the midterm elections. Even if they manage to retain control of the House & Senate, gridlock is certainly on the horizon, so the Dems are going to need something to energize the base. Hillary gives them that. Also the party is going to need to try and regain favor with middle american wishy washy female voters who swung in huge numbers towards BHO in '08 after they failed to secure HRC the Dem nomination. These are the independent type voters who aren't likely to give BHO 4 more years, but could be swayed with the prospect of Hillary on the horizon in 2016.

Biden is completely unelectable as he has displayed in his previous attempts to capture the nomination. Besides he'd make a better SoS than a VP anyway.

That or she'll step down as SoS at the end of this year and run against BHO for the outright nomination in '12, causing a near cataclysm within the White House and the Democratic Party as a whole.

OklahomaTuba
8/4/2010, 10:42 AM
Agreed. Plugs the human gaffe machine is exactly who we need as a SOS.

Harry Beanbag
8/4/2010, 10:43 AM
Biden would make a better wingman for Al Gore than either Secretary of State or Vice President. Guy is a toolbag waste of flesh.

OklahomaTuba
8/4/2010, 10:48 AM
Seriously though, could slow joe be any worse than Hillary? At this point even liberals are calling Owebomba's foreign policy a complete disaster.

picasso
8/4/2010, 12:24 PM
I wish all of them would switch jobs with folks in the private sector.

Sooner98
8/4/2010, 02:53 PM
That or she'll step down as SoS at the end of this year and run against BHO for the outright nomination in '12, causing a near cataclysm within the White House and the Democratic Party as a whole.

This is looking more and more possible every day.

C&CDean
8/4/2010, 02:58 PM
Well, people are stupid enough to vote for Brack, so I have no doubt these same morons would vote for the Hill. Hell in a handbasket I'm telling you. Meh.

badger
8/4/2010, 03:05 PM
Well, people are stupid enough to vote for Brack, so I have no doubt these same morons would vote for the Hill. Hell in a handbasket I'm telling you. Meh.

And they'll vote for him again in 2012, regardless of the other candidates or what happens in the next few years.

I really have no idea what Hill's intentions are, she might just be sick of it all and head back to Arkansas to teach law school with hubby or something, or perhaps go on a $100k speaking tour like the moose hunter from Alaska.

As for Joe, he seems perfect for the veep position, because the focus will never be on him fully. You see it a lot in states with lt. guvs. They can get elected to the sidekick position, but would melt under pressure in the top position. As such, Joe will be Dan Quayle, and nothing more unless, heaven forbid, something happens to Obama (and no, I wouldn't ever wish that on anyone, regardless of political affiliation).

For the same reason, Hill-Bill will never be a veep. They are meant for the spotlight, not to support another. Look for them to try again in 2016.

Republicans need a strong candidate in 2012, someone COMPLETELY new. I love John McCain, but he should retire in Arizona in peace. Whoever it is, I hope they come forward by 2011. I'm curious to see who will run.

C&CDean
8/4/2010, 03:08 PM
I'd run but I can't afford the pay cut.

badger
8/4/2010, 03:12 PM
I'd run but I can't afford the pay cut.

I'd totally vote for Dean. You or Howard. Yearrrrrrrgh!

Crucifax Autumn
8/4/2010, 03:16 PM
That stupid saying about rearranging the chairs on the Titanic comes to mind.

I said the same thing in 03/04 when many people were suggesting Bush would dump Cheney.

49r
8/5/2010, 11:20 AM
Isn't there something about the incumbent never losing an election during wartime?

Somehow I seem to remember the conservative wags going on about that in '04.

ndpruitt03
8/5/2010, 11:25 AM

I don't see her taking the VP spot even if Biden is fired/steps down/whatever you said. But if she runs and beats Obama which I think is likely right now, I think it's real likely that we see Palin run for the republicans and we will have our first woman president come 2012.

Okla-homey
8/5/2010, 11:43 AM
If they are going to do the old switcheroo, they better do it before the 'Pubs regain control of Congress this January because Congress must approve VP appointments follwing the incumbent VP's resignation. Constitution, Article II, Sec. 1.

I could see a 'Pub-run Congress not signing off on HRC as VP out of spite. And to tee off HRC so she would be sure to run against BHO in 2012.

OklahomaTuba
8/5/2010, 01:54 PM
This is looking more and more possible every day.The fact that even some libz are saying Obumble**** might not get even nominated says a lot.

Crucifax Autumn
8/5/2010, 07:35 PM
Where did you see that? Seriously...I haven't heard that one yet.

Half a Hundred
8/6/2010, 09:11 AM
I like the guy, in that "crazy uncle who means well but still manages to make things awkward" sort of way, but who in their right mind would appoint Biden as chief diplomat of this country?

Sooner in Tampa
8/6/2010, 09:37 AM
I don't see Hillary taking the VP spot while Barry's numbers continue to tumble...it's too great of a risk for her.

Hillary wants to be 'Prez...Barry would only bring her down

GottaHavePride
8/6/2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah, if Hillary wants to try to get the nomination from Obama (which, by the way, it's EXTREMELY rare for an incumbent Pres. eligible for a second term NOT to be re-nominated) then her best course of action would be to keep her distance from the current administration and hope they continue to tank.

JohnnyMack
9/8/2010, 11:07 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-gaggle/2010/09/08/hillary-rising.html

Maybe they don't switch jobs, but she's not gonna be SoS much longer. Maybe she runs as an Independent?

XingTheRubicon
9/9/2010, 07:42 AM
If HRC runs as an independent, I could win the general election as an (R) because of the split entitlement vote.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2010, 07:51 AM
The thing is, it's much more likely that there will be conservatives, Teap Partiers, and ibertarians running successful 3rd party bids and Obama will benefit just like Clinton did twice.

JohnnyMack
9/9/2010, 09:37 AM
I really think that if the D's lose control of both the house and the senate and Obama becomes a lame duck, Hillary will consider leaving her position as SoS at the end of this year and put together her '12 strategy.

Obama is about 60 days away from being either 90% finished or 100% finished, if it's the latter, HRC will bolt.

texaspokieokie
9/9/2010, 09:49 AM
hil is gonna run.

soonerbub
9/9/2010, 10:03 AM
This is all leading to a cataclysm that will result in Sarah freaking Palin becoming President of these United States. Thanks a lot McCain for introducing us to her.

Disclaimer: I am 100% GDI when it comes to politics and voted for said McCain

OklahomaTuba
9/9/2010, 10:32 AM
Obama is about 60 days away from being either 90% finished or 100% finishedThink so?

Lots of people seem to think he won't go all Dick Morris like Clinton did and "triangulate", but i'm not so sure he won't.

Rahm leaving, and being replaced with the slum lord could spell ultimate doom for teh hopenchange however.

StoopTroup
9/9/2010, 10:45 AM
If Obama drags UBL/OBL body out of whatever crawl space, rock or luxury suite in Saudi Arabia into custody dead or alive...you'll see 4 more years IMO. If he doesn't I'm not sure who will be the next POTUS...but whoever it is and the way folks in our Country are looking for someone to believe in...I am worried that our Country will turn to electing the polar opposite of BHO instead of someone who can build on turning the mess we have into something positive. Special Interest Elected Candidates aren't the answer IMO. We need a leader to bring our Country together.

JohnnyMack
10/5/2010, 09:04 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/05/obama-clinton-ticket-on-the-table/

OklahomaTuba
10/6/2010, 09:20 AM
If Obama drags UBL/OBL body out of whatever crawl space, rock or luxury suite in Saudi Arabia into custody dead or alive...you'll see 4 more years IMO.At this point, with more people on food stamps in history, the poverty rate skyrocketing, and the dollar about to lose its reserve currency status, I doubt pulling a tall arab out of a cave is gonna save him from going down as the worst Prez in modern history.

Taxman71
10/6/2010, 02:21 PM
If I am Obama, the last thing I want is Hillary knowing she becomes president if I have a single-car accident on a late, foggy night.