View Full Version : Oldtimers Heads-up: Sam Cooke Appreciation

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/4/2010, 01:13 AM
Sam's Signature song: You Send Me
Sam's Best Song: Bring It On Home To Me

King Crimson
8/4/2010, 08:10 AM
Saint Sam

herman's hermits will burn in hell for their version of Wonderful World. the Otis Redding version of "Shake" is probably more well known, but it's a Sam Cooke tune. Cupid and WW could make a bid for signature song.

8/4/2010, 12:52 PM
Saint Sam

herman's hermits will burn in hell for their version of Wonderful World. the Otis Redding version of "Shake" is probably more well known, but it's a Sam Cooke tune. Cupid and WW could make a bid for signature song.What's a kid like you know about his music, anyway?

King Crimson
8/4/2010, 04:11 PM
mom and dad listened to Sam, Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, Sly and the Fam Stone, and of course the Godfather and Aretha a lot when i was a kid. saw all of them at the OKC Fairgrounds back inna day. them, not me.

Sooner04
8/4/2010, 04:14 PM
I remember how shocked I was the first time I heard the original version of "Another Saturday Night". Always thought it was a Cat Stevens tune.

Hearing Sam Cooke made me go out and do a little research. That dude was cooooooooooooooool.

8/4/2010, 04:34 PM
mom and dad listened to Sam, Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, Sly and the Fam Stone, and of course the Godfather and Aretha a lot when i was a kid. saw all of them at the OKC Fairgrounds back inna day. them, not me.I knew it had to be that, or an older brother or sister. I saw James Brown in the old OKC Municipal Auditorium Basement, in 1964 or '65. WHAT A SHOW!!! I was one of 4-6 white people in the whole venue. EVERYONE was cool. People, including us, were dancing all over the place. James had several capes he threw on and off. He was introcuced as the Hardest Working Man in Show Business, and rightfully so. Actually, it was the first music concert I remember attending, and I was 19 or 20 yrs old.