PDA

View Full Version : KSU/Oregon is cancelled......

Salt City Sooner
8/3/2010, 08:17 PM
Let the cupcakes commence:

Bill Snyder remains consistent, to the surprise of no one.

Early this spring, Snyder told this to ESPN.com about upcoming games against Oregon and Miami in 2011 and 2012, scheduled by former coach Ron Prince:

"(Laughs) I’m not going to go to those games now, whether they remain scheduled or not. Yeah, that’s just not our philosophy in regards to scheduling. And that doesn’t help. That doesn’t assist our program," Snyder said. "You go through the season and halfway through you’ve got seven or so of the Big 12 teams are in the top 15 in the country. So you’ve got a very strength-based conference. We already play eight games in the conference. We don’t need to play the same kind of games throughout the entirety of the season."

Well, he wasn't kidding. In an announcement on the school's brand-new website, athletic director John Currie announced Kansas State's series with Oregon has been canceled, and neither team will suffer a financial penalty because the decision was mutual. Currie cited a future nine-game conference schedule as the reason for the move.

"I am confident that we will reach our goal of having seven home games in 2011, but there are still a few moving parts," Currie wrote. "We are still on track to have our 2011 schedule in place and announced in the near future."

Kansas State was set to host the Ducks to open the 2011 season before flying to Eugene, Oregon in 2012. The Wildcats are still slated to travel to Miami for the first half of a home-and-home in 2011.

As of today, the series with Miami is still scheduled to be played, but Snyder's not short on influence in Manhattan. Expect that series to face the same fate.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/14714/schedule-changes-for-k-state

Eielson
8/3/2010, 08:20 PM
It's a smart move on K-State's part. They will probably be border-line bowl eligible, so the more cupcakes the better. Voters have showed they're fine with embarrassingly pathetic non-conference schedules.

fadada1
8/3/2010, 08:29 PM

yermom
8/3/2010, 08:45 PM
Wow. Mild Pussies indeed.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/3/2010, 08:48 PM
and then bill snyder will get a lot of credit for bringing them back

CrimsonJim
8/3/2010, 09:47 PM
I don't think he can bring the mildcats back this time.

westcoast_sooner
8/3/2010, 10:40 PM
Agreed that playing cupcakes, he'll show more Ws than his predecessor and there will be some in the media that hype the wins, regardless who they came against.

Overall, I don't think he's going to be around all that long this time around. My guess would be that he'll get the mildcats to a bowl this year or next, then re-retire and hand the keys to another guy who will run into the same difficulty in getting good talent to KSU as Ron Prince did.

Sooner98
8/3/2010, 10:58 PM
You go through the season and halfway through you’ve got seven or so of the Big 12 teams are in the top 15 in the country.

Seven of the top 15 from the Big 12? Really? When did this start happening?

PDXsooner
8/3/2010, 11:15 PM
I'll tell you what. From a philosophical standpoint it's pretty weak. But in terms of eventually competing for a BCS berth or a national title, it serves no purpose to schedule tough games. Hell, look at Boise State. Kansas State could play a non-conference of Buttcrack State, Left Nut U., and Nipple Tech and their schedule would still be WAY tougher than Boise State's...

BoulderSooner79
8/4/2010, 12:39 AM
Boise has good reason for their schedule - most their weak opponents are conference games. They do usually play a decent BCS conference school each year and have fared well in their BCS bowls (sigh). And they just changed conferences to get a better schedule, although with Utah bailing, it may not be the upgrade they were seeking. I still don't see them getting to the title game because of the WAC competition, but if it's going to happen, this season is their best shot.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 08:05 AM
I'll tell you what. From a philosophical standpoint it's pretty weak. But in terms of eventually competing for a BCS berth or a national title, it serves no purpose to schedule tough games. Hell, look at Boise State. Kansas State could play a non-conference of Buttcrack State, Left Nut U., and Nipple Tech and their schedule would still be WAY tougher than Boise State's...

How many times has scheduling like this helped KSU compete for a BCS berth or a national title?

bmjlr
8/4/2010, 08:27 AM
How many times has scheduling like this helped KSU compete for a BCS berth or a national title?

Not too many times. What a bunch of whinny losers. Living in KS, they are the worst fans ever. They still bring up 2003! Difference between OU and KSU is that KSU's only goal is to make it to a bowl game. OU is to win a championship. KSU fans are delusional.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 08:34 AM
I've got some other choice words for some of their fans as well...The ones I had to deal with anyway

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 08:38 AM
Snyder knows what he's doing.

remember, when he took over the 1st time, KSU was one of the very worst programs in the country. they didn't schedule cupcakes, they were the cupcake. they had to play tougher schools for the big payday.

like North Tejas.

he brought them up to a certain level of respectability.

i only hope (not a KSU fan) that he can do it again.it'll be tougher this time,
because of the full conference schedule.

JMHO

goingoneight
8/4/2010, 08:44 AM
He was a couple of losses to Young Stoops from playing for a MNC, so I'd have to say yeah it's helped a nobody become at least a somebody doing thing the Snyder way.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 08:49 AM
as mentioned above, he got a big win over OU in the champ game, but
OU still got to play in the MNC game.

rawlingsHOH
8/4/2010, 09:00 AM

Yep, he's overrated. Good coach, but the way the Oklahoma media swoons over him is ridiculous.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 09:03 AM
Snyder knows what he's doing.

remember, when he took over the 1st time, KSU was one of the very worst programs in the country. they didn't schedule cupcakes, they were the cupcake. they had to play tougher schools for the big payday.

like North Tejas.

he brought them up to a certain level of respectability.

i only hope (not a KSU fan) that he can do it again.it'll be tougher this time,
because of the full conference schedule.

JMHO

Go back and look at the status of the big 8 heavyweights at the time he turned KSU around...not saying he didnt do a great job(he did an oustanding job), but OU, Texas, and OSU all being on probation or just down helped him tremendously

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 09:16 AM
He was a couple of losses to Young Stoops from playing for a MNC, so I'd have to say yeah it's helped a nobody become at least a somebody doing thing the Snyder way.

mmm..if your referring to 2000, then

1. They opened up with Iowa, so barely the cupcake
2. They had 3 losses, 2 to OU and got beat by aTm, played 2 top 10 teams

If 1999

1. He scheduled cupcakes, played 1 top 10 team in the country in Nebraska, and was hammered 41-15

1. They played USC in non confere...faced 1 top 10 team in Texas and lost

He has won the big 12 once..so its hard for me to think he has been so close to playing for NC twice when he won 1 conference title and they were an ok team that year

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 09:20 AM
Look @ KSU before Snyder got there.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 09:27 AM
Yes everybody knows...but look at how many kids that turned that program around wanted to go elsewhere(OU,OSU) until they both got hit hard...Dont wanna go far from home, but wanna go somewhere that scholarships are available....Again, he is a good coach, but he gets a little too much credit IMO....

Also btw, Kstate was on the downhill slide before he retired the first time..Its not like he left them on top

KantoSooner
8/4/2010, 09:30 AM
Seriously. No matter how bad Snyder''s scheduling looks, he did improve the program dramatically. I remember in the mid-1980's people would come and go during the game crossing the street to get beers and literally tune into other games to see how they were going during KSU at home. It was regarded as less than an intra-squad practice.

fwsooner22
8/4/2010, 09:35 AM
Did Mack and Deloss steal the model from KSU or did KSU steal it from Mack and DeeDee.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 09:36 AM
One thing I have to give it up to him for...He won the games he was supposed to win when it was at its peak....and he hired great assistants

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 09:42 AM
Wins and Losses in conference..pretty much shows that his team did win the games they should against average/poor teams...
W L T perc..
Baylor Bears 4 0 0 1.000
Colorado Buffaloes 6 11 1 .333
Iowa State Cyclones 14 4 0 .778
Kansas Jayhawks 14 4 0 .778
Missouri Tigers 14 4 0 .778
Nebraska Cornhuskers 5 13 0 .278
Oklahoma Sooners 6 9 0 .400
Oklahoma State Cowboys 9 2 0 .818
Texas Longhorns 2 2 0 .500
Texas A&M Aggies 3 5 0 .375
Texas Tech Red Raiders 3 4 0 .429
Total 80 58 1 .588
vs. North 53 36 1 .589
vs. South 27 22 0 .551

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 09:54 AM
i just refreshed my memory by looking @ wikipedia. don't think he's getting nearly the credit he deserves, on this thread.

remember, KSU had been TERRIBLE for many years, had only ever been
to ONE bowl game. (they lost)

can you imagine how hard it was to recruit ??? (i can't)

a large part of his success was accomplished with JC transfers.

also, it's possible that the Stoops brothers learned some of their coaching
from Snyder. i bet Bob Stoops would give him a lot of credit. (just sa guess)

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 09:57 AM
can't remember anybody saying he can't coach..in fact I think everybody said he was a good coach..I can imagine how much easier it got for him to recruit when the teams he periodically recruited against faced scholly reductions, post season bans, etc...

rawlingsHOH
8/4/2010, 09:59 AM
i just refreshed my memory by looking @ wikipedia. don't think he's getting nearly the credit he deserves, on this thread.

remember, KSU had been TERRIBLE for many years, had only ever been
to ONE bowl game. (they lost)

can you imagine how hard it was to recruit ??? (i can't)

a large part of his success was accomplished with JC transfers.

also, it's possible that the Stoops brothers learned some of their coaching
from Snyder. i bet Bob Stoops would give him a lot of credit. (just sa guess)

Would be interesting to know Bob's true feeling on the guy. He's always been complimentary in public. But the rumors have been that Bob has a less than flattering opinion of him. Unlike Spurrier, whom Bob said had the most influence on his coaching style.

rawlingsHOH
8/4/2010, 10:02 AM
what I'm talking about....

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2010/06/20/big-12-bill-snyder-speaks/

"I think he’s the greatest coach in the history of college football" - Berry Tramel

Laughable!

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 10:19 AM
STEP

how many players do you feel that KSU recruited that would've gone
to OU/OSU in Snyder's early years @ KSU. remember it was just bad, it was the WORST !!

as i said before, a lot of his success came from JC transfers.

No1Better
8/4/2010, 10:26 AM
Kstate sucks. Their program sucks, their school sucks, their location sucks, their fans suck, and their scheduling sucks.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 10:29 AM
now for a look @ the dark side.

badger
8/4/2010, 10:33 AM
Snyder's probably waiting to see if Miami will be a cupcake by then or not.

I mean, why not schedule a big conference school if they're gonna suck anyways? At least a victory over a big-name school will get you closer to bowl eligibility, unlike those Division 2 guys, amirite?

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 10:41 AM
yep, but how bout a loss to miami ??

yermom
8/4/2010, 10:48 AM
Snyder's probably waiting to see if Miami will be a cupcake by then or not.

I mean, why not schedule a big conference school if they're gonna suck anyways? At least a victory over a big-name school will get you closer to bowl eligibility, unlike those Division 2 guys, amirite?

FCS teams count all the time now for bowl eligibility now that 12 game seasons are the norm

PDXsooner
8/4/2010, 10:50 AM

Well, they were a choke against A&M away from playing in the title game in '98. But more to the point, I'm saying that there is no need to play tough games. This has been proven by Texas (last year) and many others. Going undefeated will get you there.

badger
8/4/2010, 10:51 AM
FCS teams count all the time now for bowl eligibility now that 12 game seasons are the norm

but didn't they have an opponent last year who didn't count toward bowl eligibility, thus making their final showdown versus Nebbish for all of the marbles?

A win, and they're Big 12 North champions and bowl eligible.

A loss, and they're staying home the rest of the season.

Silly north division :D

PDXsooner
8/4/2010, 10:53 AM
Boise has good reason for their schedule - most their weak opponents are conference games. They do usually play a decent BCS conference school each year and have fared well in their BCS bowls (sigh). And they just changed conferences to get a better schedule, although with Utah bailing, it may not be the upgrade they were seeking. I still don't see them getting to the title game because of the WAC competition, but if it's going to happen, this season is their best shot.

However, if you know your conference is made up of a bunch of junior colleges, you should have to make up for it in your non-conference schedule.

And playing one "decent" BCS school while the other three (last year) are Miami of Ohio, Bowling Green, UC Davis and Tulsa is NOT an acceptable resume for a National Champ in my opinion.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 10:53 AM
methinks Baj is correct.

PDXsooner
8/4/2010, 10:57 AM

Also, KSU has played in 2 Fiesta Bowls. One as the Big 12 Champ and one as an invite ('97 vs. Syracuse)

yermom
8/4/2010, 10:57 AM
but didn't they have an opponent last year who didn't count toward bowl eligibility, thus making their final showdown versus Nebbish for all of the marbles?

A win, and they're Big 12 North champions and bowl eligible.

A loss, and they're staying home the rest of the season.

Silly north division :D

ok, yeah, only the first one counts

wussies

badger
8/4/2010, 11:00 AM
methinks Baj is correct.

They had both UMass and Tennessee Tech on their schedule (because no dessert feast should include just one serving of cupcake). Is the rule that they do count toward bowl eligibility, but that they can only count one cupcake, not two?

They were 6-6 last year, but not bowl eligible.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 11:01 AM
only a guess; i think neither would count.

only a guess !!!

yermom
8/4/2010, 11:03 AM
it used to be that you could only use a win over a FCS team once every four years, now it's once a year

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 11:07 AM
aha, i was wrong !!!

Jacie
8/4/2010, 11:38 AM
No one has mentioned that Oregon isn't complaining about it either . . .

yermom
8/4/2010, 11:44 AM
if they hadn't just dumped Masoli, they might have

badger
8/4/2010, 11:51 AM

like your mother mentioned, Masoli's a walk-on at Ole Miss now, heh. Coincidence that both Masoli and Jevan Snead were cover boys for SI's preseason issue last year?

As for K-State, they are a rouge program that needs to be different in order to succeed among the larger, money pit programs that have their choice of recruits. KSU has to recruit a lot harder and in random places (mostly juco, heh), have to squeeze every dollar (mostly by skimping on stadium seating material, ouch another splinter in the butt) to make it in the Big 12.

But really, Sny Sny should not schedule more than one FCS opponent in a season. It cost him a bowl last season.

CrimsonJim
8/4/2010, 12:04 PM
Bill "Take Their Quarterback Out!" Snyder & KSU sucks ballz. No, I haven't forgotten...

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 12:15 PM
STEP

how many players do you feel that KSU recruited that would've gone
to OU/OSU in Snyder's early years @ KSU. remember it was just bad, it was the WORST !!

as i said before, a lot of his success came from JC transfers.

Well you have a couple of different things that happened that helped Kansas State

1. Top level recruits wouldnt sign with OSU, OU, and Texas because of the problems they faced...for example, Pat Jones had OSU usually ranked high and doing well until the 4 year probation that hit OSU in 89..this is just the penalties they faced..

Oklahoma State penalties

Four-year probation.

No bowl games in next three seasons.

No live television for two years.

Loss of 35 official paid recruiting visits. Limited to 50 a year.

Loss of five scholarships in each of next three years. Limited to 20 a year.

The school must dissociate 14 representatives of its athletic interests, one of whom was a former member of the board of regents.

A penalty of three lost home Big Eight games was lifted because OSU cooperated in the NCAA investigation.

So it wasn't only a thing of losing players to KState, but the fact they lost players period that typically would have went to their school...This made the playing field with them even more even

or how about OU..

OU was convicted by the NCAA and put on three years' probation--including a two-year ban on TV and bowl appearances--and, for two years, was allowed to give only 18 scholarships instead of 25....

Not to mention Texas was in the middle of going 5-6,10-2,5-6,6-5, which by their standards was horrible...

Do you think any of that had an effect on WR Kevin Lockett from Tulsa going to Kstate? Did it help Kstate that Jerome Bettis dad wouldn't let him go to OU once they got on probation?

I'm gonna stop arguing this because I m not a Bill Snyer hater...He is a good coach...I just think it gets overblown at times..He has produced a lot of wins over some average teams with the occasional big one..

Show me his record vs top 25, top 10, and top conference teams to see if he is as great as he is made out to be by a lot of people

bmjlr
8/4/2010, 12:25 PM
Kstate sucks. Their program sucks, their school sucks, their location sucks, their fans suck, and their scheduling sucks.

Um....this ^^^^^^ :D

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 12:48 PM
i'm not arguing !!
i just said he did a terrific job, taking one of the WORST programs & making mit nrespectable.

just because a lot of kids didn't go to OU/OSU when on probation doesn't mean a lot went to KSU. if OU wanted them, so did other schools that weren't nearly as bad as KSU.

if they did, it's just another sign of Snyder doing a good job.

i knew that OU had a bad probation & OSU's was worse.

OSU probation was as about as bad as any , except death @ SMU.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah i know its not arguing..and your point about his jc recruiting is a good one...Its not so much kstate getting them as those school werent...and you had a lot of guys wanna stay close to home that kstate was there best option if thats what they wanted..

Say team A has 3 star talent and teams b,c,d has 5 star talent....teams B,C,D go through penalties,etc...and the 5 and 4 star players stop going there and a few trickle over to team a....not all just a few..

well now team A has 4 star talent and teams B,C and D have 3 star talent...they didnt lose them all to team a but now they are playing with the same amount of talent or less...

Now in the case of Jerome Bettis, did it help kstate and the rest of the big 8 that OU didn't get him?..You bet it did...

And he did do a good job recruiting..Bob Simmons at osu couldnt take advantage of ou and texas being down along with others....

badger
8/4/2010, 02:14 PM
And he did do a good job recruiting..Bob Simmons at osu couldnt take advantage of ou and texas being down along with others....

3-3 record 'gainst the fairweather fan cheatin' gooners. Somebody get him in the Poke Hall of Fame! I mean, daaaang, he accounts for 20 percent of their bedl@m victories in football... 20 percent! In just 95-00!!

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 02:18 PM
totally agree.

after their (& during of course) probation ,osu wasn't much of a factor.
that was a killer !!

simmons did ok, would've done better if he hadn't played his son in front of backs that had better numbers.

badger
8/4/2010, 02:34 PM
simmons did ok, would've done better if he hadn't played his son in front of backs that had better numbers.

An error that no coach will repeat any time soon.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0613/ncf_a_dan-cody-hawkins_412.jpg

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/4/2010, 02:42 PM
Would be interesting to know Bob's true feeling on the guy. He's always been complimentary in public. But the rumors have been that Bob has a less than flattering opinion of him. Unlike Spurrier, whom Bob said had the most influence on his coaching style.

Didn't Venables say once that part of Stoops' pitch to get him to leave K-State for OU was something to the effect of "Come work for me, and you'll actually be able to SEE your family from July-January" ?

badger
8/4/2010, 02:52 PM
I'm sure that Jason White's knees also had a prolonged effect on Stoops' opinion of Snyder's coaching style.

sooner59
8/4/2010, 04:02 PM

The word on College Football Live was that Oregon is replacing the K-State game with a match against LSU at Jerry World in Dallas. THAT...is a game I want to see much more.

Dio
8/5/2010, 12:02 AM

This can't be repeated enough.

King Barry's Back
8/5/2010, 09:20 AM
AGREED: Snyder is a very good coach. And, for what it's worth, Stoops has tended to compliment Snyder's organization and commitment.

AGREED: Snyder took advantage of an open window in the Big 8/Big 12 in terms of competitiveness, a window that is no longer open.

AGREED: Snyder is old, his program is facing a world of hurt. OU and TX are now at the top of their games, and the fact that KSU was going to be left out of any conference expansion scenarios ain't gonna help.

CUPCAKES: I think we all agree that K-State will need some wins, and that it probably is in their interest to schedule as many free-wins as possible.

What rubs me wrong is that Snyder just seems proud of it. Calls it a "philosophy." Bejebus, he scheduled TWO Div IAA teams last year (and failed to make a bowl! Yay!). Then whined and mumbled like a little girl about being scared to play Oregon. At least Mack makes up an excuse to chicken out.

BoomerJ
8/5/2010, 09:29 AM

Hey...I got my masters at Nipple Tech.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/5/2010, 12:28 PM
It sounds like Phil Knight U didn't mind cancelling thier trip to asscrack, USA because they are going to ink a deal to play lsu in Jerryworld. Sounds like a pretty good trade off on their part.

badger
8/5/2010, 12:40 PM
It sounds like Phil Knight U didn't mind cancelling thier trip to asscrack, USA because they are going to ink a deal to play lsu in Jerryworld. Sounds like a pretty good trade off on their part.

I would say that their players are probably bummed to miss out on being part of a nationally televised game, but then again, it's Kansas State. Most of them are probably counting their Big 12 blessings, just like the little five school admins are at this point.

(btw, they must hate getting called the "little five")

BoulderSooner79
8/5/2010, 11:34 PM
However, if you know your conference is made up of a bunch of junior colleges, you should have to make up for it in your non-conference schedule.

And playing one "decent" BCS school while the other three (last year) are Miami of Ohio, Bowling Green, UC Davis and Tulsa is NOT an acceptable resume for a National Champ in my opinion.

("They" being Boise State) I'm just saying I can't find any fault in the steps they have taken. They play tougher teams when they can, they dominate their conference and they show up for their bowl games. They also accepted a bid to move to a tougher conference. If what they say is true, they have problems finding BCS conference teams that will schedule them and none will agree to home-and-home. I can't confirm that is true, but I can believe it. Whether that qualifies for a top 2 BCS rating at the end of the regular season is not for me to say - I have no vote. I'm just saying the planets are lining up for them this year and it may be the best shot for a non-BCS team so far. It wouldn't give me heart-burn (unless OU is one of the teams considered and left out :) ).

cheezyq
8/6/2010, 11:31 AM
can't remember anybody saying he can't coach..in fact I think everybody said he was a good coach..I can imagine how much easier it got for him to recruit when the teams he periodically recruited against faced scholly reductions, post season bans, etc...

I've been saying this forever. He's a good coach, but he puts together pathetic schedules that inflate his overall winning percentage and he also took advantage of a serious downturn in the OU and Texas programs. If OU/TX never lose steam (though UT's downturn started in the 70s), KSU never builds that program to the heights that it reached. When the schedule goes back to round robin, KSU is looking at a GOOD season being 7-5...with or without Snyder.

badger
8/6/2010, 11:37 AM
KSU is looking at a GOOD season being 7-5...with or without Snyder.

I think that's why Snyder ended his retirement, because 7-5 was suddenly a good season. Nothing against Ron Prince, but just beating Texas when you have Freeman wasn't good enough for Snyder and it shouldn't have been good enough for any Big 12 team (well, cept Baylor).

Snyder wants them BCSing again and competing for Big 12 titles again and I respect him for taking on the difficult task of raiding jucos for the next generation of knee-bashing defensive players... wait a sec, I don't respect that all! STAY RETIRED, BILL!

PDXsooner
8/6/2010, 12:02 PM
("They" being Boise State) I'm just saying I can't find any fault in the steps they have taken. They play tougher teams when they can, they dominate their conference and they show up for their bowl games. They also accepted a bid to move to a tougher conference. If what they say is true, they have problems finding BCS conference teams that will schedule them and none will agree to home-and-home. I can't confirm that is true, but I can believe it. Whether that qualifies for a top 2 BCS rating at the end of the regular season is not for me to say - I have no vote. I'm just saying the planets are lining up for them this year and it may be the best shot for a non-BCS team so far. It wouldn't give me heart-burn (unless OU is one of the teams considered and left out :) ).

I hear you...it just chaps my hide that they don't play at least 2 or 3 good non-conference games. At least they're joining the Mtn. West and'll have to play TCU and BYU every year...

badger
8/6/2010, 12:10 PM
At least they're joining the Mtn. West and'll have to play TCU and BYU every year...

they might actually get on nat'l tv for a non-bowl game for once... and yes, i know the punch felt 'round the world was on national tv

http://www.leeslosers.com/images/Blount_Punch.gif

wait for it.... BOOM! :D

PDXsooner
8/6/2010, 12:42 PM
As much as Blount deserved to get punished for the punch, it really was justified.

Sooner24
8/6/2010, 09:25 PM
I think that's why Snyder ended his retirement, because 7-5 was suddenly a good season. Nothing against Ron Prince, but just beating Texas when you have Freeman wasn't good enough for Snyder and it shouldn't have been good enough for any Big 12 team (well, cept Baylor).

Snyder wants them BCSing again and competing for Big 12 titles again and I respect him for taking on the difficult task of raiding jucos for the next generation of knee-bashing defensive players... wait a sec, I don't respect that all! STAY RETIRED, BILL!

It was Whites shoulder not his knee that got hurt in the Big 12 championship game. Much like Bradford got hurt against BYU.

Sooner24
8/6/2010, 09:28 PM
"Bill Snyder isn't the coach of the year, and he isn't the coach of the decade," says Switzer. "He's the coach of the century." .............Barry Switzer

Much Like Sooner Legends Inn and Suites. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2010, 07:18 AM
Well since Barry Switzer never embellishes anything!....

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 10:19 AM
Well since Barry Switzer never embellishes anything!....

Since Barry Switzer has forgotten more football then you will ever know........

texaspokieokie
8/7/2010, 11:22 AM
does that mean he never embellishes ???

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 12:31 PM
does that mean he never embellishes ???

Does it mean he has not forgotten more about football then stoops the eternal pimp will ever know?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

These are questions the world may never know.

Eielson
8/7/2010, 12:55 PM
Since Barry Switzer has forgotten more football then you will ever know........

There is at least one person that knows more football (Switzer) than me that thinks that Snyder is the coach of the century, but you know what? There are also plenty of people who know more football than me who DON'T believe that Snyder is the coach of the century. How can I believe both? It's a ridiculous argument.

Oh well, two can play this game. STEP knows more football than you, and he thinks Switzer embellishes, so that must mean that Switzer embellishes.

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 02:12 PM
There is at least one person that knows more football (Switzer) than me that thinks that Snyder is the coach of the century, but you know what? There are also plenty of people who know more football than me who DON'T believe that Snyder is the coach of the century. How can I believe both? It's a ridiculous argument.

Oh well, two can play this game. STEP knows more football than you, and he thinks Switzer embellishes, so that must mean that Switzer embellishes.

A lot of people probably know more football than you but I will take the guy with 3 NC rings and a Super Bowl ring over someone that calls themself stoops the eternal pimp on a message board.

Thanks for playing.

Okie35
8/7/2010, 02:26 PM
AGREED: Snyder is a very good coach. And, for what it's worth, Stoops has tended to compliment Snyder's organization and commitment.

AGREED: Snyder took advantage of an open window in the Big 8/Big 12 in terms of competitiveness, a window that is no longer open.

AGREED: Snyder is old, his program is facing a world of hurt. OU and TX are now at the top of their games, and the fact that KSU was going to be left out of any conference expansion scenarios ain't gonna help.

CUPCAKES: I think we all agree that K-State will need some wins, and that it probably is in their interest to schedule as many free-wins as possible.

What rubs me wrong is that Snyder just seems proud of it. Calls it a "philosophy." Bejebus, he scheduled TWO Div IAA teams last year (and failed to make a bowl! Yay!). Then whined and mumbled like a little girl about being scared to play Oregon. At least Mack makes up an excuse to chicken out.

I think its more so the ADs doing I remember when Prince was the coach tit was the ADs decision to remove a tough game too. I forgot which team it was was.

Eielson
8/7/2010, 02:29 PM
A lot of people probably know more football than you but I will take the guy with 3 NC rings and a Super Bowl ring over someone that calls themself stoops the eternal pimp on a message board.

Thanks for playing.

The fact that you're even using this ridiculous logic leads me to believe that you're not even in STEP's league when it comes to football knowledge. He thinks Switzer embellishes things, and STEP knows more than you do, so Switzer obviously embellishes things. Your logic sucks, doesn't it?

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 02:31 PM
The fact that you're even using this ridiculous logic leads me to believe that you're not even in STEP's league when it comes to football knowledge. He thinks Switzer embellishes things, and STEP knows more than you do, so Switzer obviously embellishes things. Your logic sucks, doesn't it?

How do you know step knows more football then me?

When steps been to almost 300 OU games have him call me. :rolleyes:

The only thing that sucks here is you.

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 02:39 PM
Hurry up Eielson. I don't have all day to wait for you witty reply.

Eielson
8/7/2010, 02:40 PM
How do you know step knows more football then me?

I had three sentences. How did you miss this?

The fact that you're even using this ridiculous logic leads me to believe that you're not even in STEP's league when it comes to football knowledge.

Like I said, many people who know more than us think that Snyder WASN'T the coach of the century. Your logic is ridiculous. It's not possibly to believe both things. Even if it was, it's not a great habit to blindly follow somebody just because you respect them.

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 02:44 PM
I had three sentences. How did you miss this?

Like I said, many people who know more than us think that Snyder WASN'T the coach of the century. Your logic is ridiculous. It's not possibly to believe both things. Even if it was, it's not a great habit to blindly follow somebody just because you respect them.

Like you seem to blindly follow step.

I'm not blindly following anyone let alone some one that calls them self a pimp.

Get me some links from "many people" that belive the way step does, that really know something about football, and I will agree with you. Until then I agree with Switzer.

If I want to know something about a pain in my leg I would rather ask someone who knows something about it "LIKE A DOCTOR' than someone that post on a message board.

Eielson
8/7/2010, 02:47 PM
Like you seem to blindly follow step.

I was mocking your logic

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 02:51 PM
I was mocking your logic

You off your meds?

Eielson
8/7/2010, 02:53 PM
You've got nothing. I'm done.

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 02:54 PM
You've got nothing. I'm done.

You were done a long time ago. :D

CrimsonJim
8/7/2010, 04:01 PM
Those two just need to get a room... :rolleyes:

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 04:41 PM

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 04:44 PM

Sooner24
8/7/2010, 04:48 PM

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2010, 05:11 PM
Its all good..Continue on!

texaspokieokie
8/8/2010, 08:14 AM
one of Barry's embellishments brought John Blake back to OU.