PDA

View Full Version : OU Caravan this Thurs...

gaylordfan1
8/3/2010, 08:53 AM
Anyone going to attend? My buddy called me and asked me to occupy his other seat. I've never been to one and don't really know what to expect? Can anyone that has attended one before give me the low down?

OU Engineer
8/3/2010, 01:51 PM
Definitely go. The food is above average, there are autograph signings and cool acutions, and the speeches definitely get you pumped up for OU athletics.

MiccoMacey
8/3/2010, 04:17 PM
Where?

humblesooner
8/3/2010, 05:01 PM
Went to the Caravan in Houston in June. I have been to 5-6 since Bob has been at OU. They are a lot of fun, especially for those of us who are not close to Norman any more. There are usually representatives of the FB, MBB and WBB teams. Usually the head coaches, but there can be a sub if a coach has a conflict. In June, before the show officially got started, Bob found a mic and was holding his own Q&A session.
Listening to Sherri speak is a treat. She is very articulate, passionate and humorous. You can pick up a lot of info from Jeff regarding his feel for the incoming recruits and upcoming season.
In Houston we usually are rewarded with former student athletes (and current, as well). I feel fortunate to have been able to shake Darryl Hunt's hand and thank him for being there last year. Billy, Steve Owens, Joe Washington, Jason, etc have made the Houston caravan in the past.

gaylordfan1
8/3/2010, 06:09 PM
Where?

Cowboy Hall of Fame

AZSOONER
8/3/2010, 06:51 PM
This Thur. I will be moving from AZ. to OKC, so unfortunatley I wont make it. Next year for sure.