PDA

View Full Version : Let's make the whorns offer an OU license plate...

SunnySooner
8/2/2010, 09:14 PM
This is hilarious, props to the OU Alums of Dallas, vote here, and all those dang whorns can see their beloved state tags besmirched with our colors and logo. Boomer!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/license_plates/eview/eview.htm

sooner59
8/2/2010, 09:28 PM
LOL! I love it.

BajaOklahoma
8/2/2010, 10:47 PM
The OU Club of Houston are the geniuses behind this. They have been working on it for months - even putting up the cash for the first run.
Guess what we're getting for Christmas? :)

BigBoomerInBigD
8/3/2010, 08:23 AM
AWESOME!! In!

BOOMER

Mississippi Sooner
8/3/2010, 08:32 AM
OK, I voted for it, but I gotta say, that Ford one is really dumb. I mean, if you are driving a Ford, don't you already have that logo all over your vehicle?

sooner518
8/3/2010, 08:52 AM
awesome. I would definitely think about paying for that if it gets approved. I voted for that one and against all the others....

TexasLidig8r
8/3/2010, 08:52 AM
This is not a University of Texas issue.

It is a State of Texas matter.

If the State of Texas will realize revenue from this, it won't care.

Unlike the state of Oklahoma, which lives and dies by Ou, the State of Texas is far bigger than its Flagship University.

delhalew
8/3/2010, 09:04 AM

Unlike the state of Oklahoma, which lives and dies by Ou, the State of Texas is far bigger than its Flagship University.

Man, you say some dumb **** from time to time, Lid.

No1Better
8/3/2010, 09:13 AM
Correction: The OU Club of Dallas spearheaded this effort and partnered with the OU Club of Houston to get the legislative support (yes, it takes an act of the legislature to get a license plate made) to pull this together. Amazingly, Florida and LSU have had a license plate for Texas for the last 2 years (not sure how that happened), but it's time to get a fat OU tag for all of the OU alumni that pay taxes in this state. Boomer!!

OUMallen
8/3/2010, 09:15 AM

Usually you're pretty with-it, Lid. But here, you're just a jackass whorn fabricating thoughts to make yourself somehow feel better.

I hate you.

SoonerBacker
8/3/2010, 09:31 AM
Isn't it strange how Lid only posts on SF during the workweek and workday? Weekends and after hours, he is totally silent. Man! He sure works hard while at the office! :D

Mad Dog Madsen
8/3/2010, 09:37 AM
Haha I love it!

KantoSooner
8/3/2010, 10:16 AM
The State of Texas is far bigger than its Flagship University.

The state is bigger than A&M? Who'd a thunk it?

soonerboomer93
8/3/2010, 11:28 AM
Isn't it strange how Lid only posts on SF during the workweek and workday? Weekends and after hours, he is totally silent. Man! He sure works hard while at the office! :D

don't worry, he's found some aggie to bill for every post he makes

badger
8/3/2010, 11:40 AM
voted twice.

HBick
8/3/2010, 12:52 PM
I voted, and sent it to everyone in my address book from OU. I am tempted to send it out as a global message to everyone in the OU mailing list.

AZSOONER
8/3/2010, 01:12 PM
Voted.

AZSOONER
8/3/2010, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=TexasLidig8r;2918986] If the State of Texas will realize revenue from this, it won't care.[QUOTE]

That's what puts the whore in whorn.

47straight
8/3/2010, 01:13 PM

How can that be, Lid? I heard Walter Cronkite himself say "WE'RE TEXAS!" That's what all the official University correspondence says - "WE'RE TEXAS!" University boosters get all upset anytime a student from the state signs with OU, so I assumed the perception was that UT owns all high school student athletes.

You'll have to clear it up for me. I'm just getting all these messages that conflict with what you say.

AZSOONER
8/3/2010, 01:16 PM
Just realized we can't delete a post. When did that happen?

soonerloyal
8/3/2010, 02:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/usmcholmans/OUtexplate.jpg

C'mon, Lid, just looking at it gives you the heaves just a little. Admit it. :cool:

If I saw one with the longhorn NOT upside down, in burnt poop orange color issued by the State of Oklahoma I'd throw up in my mouth just a little. :eek:

olevetonahill
8/3/2010, 02:22 PM
awesome. I would definitely think about paying for that if it gets approved. I voted for that one and against all the others....

Almost Ditto . I voted fer the baylor one :P

TexasLidig8r
8/3/2010, 03:07 PM

C'mon, Lid, just looking at it gives you the heaves just a little. Admit it. :cool:

If I saw one with the longhorn NOT upside down, in burnt poop orange color issued by the State of Oklahoma I'd throw up in my mouth just a little. :eek:

yah.. it does.

There's gonna be lots of Yugos runnin around with them thar fancy plates. :D

Leroy Lizard
8/3/2010, 03:17 PM

Where is all this state pride I keep hearing about? Isn't OU the school that raids Texas for all its talent?

I hear what you're saying, Lid. But your fellow fans at Orangebloods would disagree with you.

Leroy Lizard
8/3/2010, 03:19 PM
yah.. it does.

We drive Ford Crown Victorias with the license plates held up with baling wire. (The Vickies have the headroom for our cowboy hats.)

Get it right.

SoonerBacker
8/3/2010, 04:54 PM
yah.. it does.

Another aggie billed! :pop:

A Sooner in Texas
8/3/2010, 07:04 PM
yah.. it does.

And they will look much better than all the mobile meth labs with whorn plates.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/3/2010, 07:22 PM
yah.. it does.

If by Yugo you mean my Bimmer, then yeah...

oudivesherpa
8/3/2010, 07:38 PM

He's an attorney, just like my wife, my son, and my daughter in law. They multi task and do three things at once--that way they can triple bill their clients.:D

BHB 91
8/3/2010, 08:17 PM
yah.. it does.

Yeah, can't wait to put one on my Infiniti. :)

Man, I hope these make it to production. And I have to admit, Lid is right. The state of texas should realize they they'll make a crapload of money off of this.

Herr Scholz
8/3/2010, 08:25 PM

Just curious, what do you Sooners think this is advertising? Is it:

A) I'm a proud Sooner football fan and I want to broadcast that fact and I think it's funny there's an OU plate in Texas.

or

B) I'm an OU graduate who had to/wanted to move to Texas because of the poor job situation in Oklahoma.

BHB 91
8/3/2010, 08:46 PM

A) I'm a proud Sooner football fan and I want to broadcast that fact and I think it's funny there's an OU plate in Texas.

or

B) I'm an OU graduate who had to/wanted to move to Texas because of the poor job situation in Oklahoma.

Or

C) I have been here and enjoyed my time in Dallas and have made a great living. I would like to have this plate on my car for the short amount of time that I will remain here before I move back to Norman and live off my earnings I made here while I semi retire in my 40's....

Herr Scholz
8/3/2010, 08:46 PM
Did I strike a nerve? Just having some fun.

BHB 91
8/3/2010, 08:55 PM
No! Just having fun, too! Although I was being serious about not being here too much longer. Yes, the job market here is great and I have really liked it here. But a lot of my friends and family have moved back and I am not too far behind them. I am not in my 20's anymore and prefer the more laid back lifestyle. But, while I am here, I want to show OU spirit.

Herr Scholz
8/3/2010, 09:03 PM
There are definitely a lot of Sooners in North Dallas.

A Sooner in Texas
8/3/2010, 09:30 PM

or

To me it says, "I'm a proud Texas high school football star who's an even prouder OU football recruit and soon-to-be member of a national championship team!"

texas bandman
8/3/2010, 09:32 PM
I'll buy three OU tags for my vehicles here in Lubbock...It will go well with my alumni association stickers. Woo Hoo!

bluedogok
8/3/2010, 09:50 PM
Correction: The OU Club of Dallas spearheaded this effort and partnered with the OU Club of Houston to get the legislative support (yes, it takes an act of the legislature to get a license plate made) to pull this together. Amazingly, Florida and LSU have had a license plate for Texas for the last 2 years (not sure how that happened), but it's time to get a fat OU tag for all of the OU alumni that pay taxes in this state. Boomer!!
There are OSU (http://www.myplates.com/DesignSeries/PLPD125) and Auburn (http://www.myplates.com/DesignSeries/PLPD124) plates available on the MyPlates site (http://www.myplates.com/) already.

There are definitely a lot of Sooners in North Dallas.
There are a lot of us everywhere, many more than most people think even here in Austin.

Leroy Lizard
8/3/2010, 10:17 PM
To me it says, "I'm a proud Texas high school football star who's an even prouder OU football recruit and soon-to-be member of a national championship team!"

To me, it says, "Yeah, I live here. But this state can kiss my ***."

westcoast_sooner
8/3/2010, 10:34 PM
I'll get flamed for saying this, but Lid, the longer I'm on here the better I like you. This really is a State of Texas issue.

Boomer.....
8/25/2010, 04:09 PM
It passed!!! (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/state/stories/082610dnmetplates.8baf0f9d.html) :D

SunnySooner
8/25/2010, 08:19 PM
BWAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just KNOW that has to be killing them!!!! Oh, lowered, that is allsomeness, I'm gonna have to move to texsux, just so I can get one!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOMERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

SunnySooner
8/25/2010, 08:34 PM
Oh, and again, for Lid and Herr, you have a state of 24 MILLION people. We have a state of 3 million people. So, a program that should be 1/8 the size of yours in championships and overall dominance has owned you for 50 years. We get where your bitterness comes in, but since you are so much bigger, and do offer more economic opportunities, there are a LOT of Sooners in texsucs, much to their chagrin. It just comes down to a numbers game in those areas. It SHOULD come down to a numbers game in football as well, but...it hasn't. And that's what keeps whorn fans awake at night, the fact that our piddlin' little state even DARES to compete with you, much less DEFEAT you. I'd be pissed too, if I was a whorn. But, by the grace of God, I was born a Sooner. Sorry you were not, but it's never too late to convert!!

BHB 91
8/25/2010, 11:00 PM
Ya know, I just have to laugh. Little did I know about 3 weeks ago that I would be moving back to Oklahoma Sooner than I thought. Can't wait to be back on September 20th. Herr, I guess North Texas will be short 3 Sooners in about 3 more weeks.

Boomer!

SoonerBacker
8/25/2010, 11:21 PM
It passed!!! (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/state/stories/082610dnmetplates.8baf0f9d.html) :D

"Boomer Sooner fans also won over their border-state rivals, winning the right to buy Texas-made University of Oklahoma-themed plates."

I wish people would quit callilng us Boomer Sooner fans! We are the SOONERS, not the Boomer Sooners! Espin does it all of the time, too.
(Sorry, just gets on my nerves.)

Leroy Lizard
8/26/2010, 01:37 AM
Oh, and again, for Lid and Herr, you have a state of 24 MILLION people. We have a state of 3 million people. So, a program that should be 1/8 the size of yours in championships and overall dominance has owned you for 50 years. We get where your bitterness comes in, but since you are so much bigger, and do offer more economic opportunities, there are a LOT of Sooners in texsucs, much to their chagrin. It just comes down to a numbers game in those areas. It SHOULD come down to a numbers game in football as well, but...it hasn't. And that's what keeps whorn fans awake at night, the fact that our piddlin' little state even DARES to compete with you, much less DEFEAT you. I'd be pissed too, if I was a whorn. But, by the grace of God, I was born a Sooner. Sorry you were not, but it's never too late to convert!!

We really need to beat them this year.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/26/2010, 10:28 AM
"Boomer Sooner fans also won over their border-state rivals, winning the right to buy Texas-made University of Oklahoma-themed plates."

I wish people would quit callilng us Boomer Sooner fans! We are the SOONERS, not the Boomer Sooners! Espin does it all of the time, too.
(Sorry, just gets on my nerves.)

Hence the reason they do it...

TexasLidig8r
8/26/2010, 11:10 AM
Oh, and again, for Lid and Herr, you have a state of 24 MILLION people. We have a state of 3 million people. So, a program that should be 1/8 the size of yours in championships and overall dominance has owned you for 50 years.

Well..there you go again. :rolleyes: The old, "We're going to only take the last 50 years into account because I think that supports my argument and ignore the rest of the time just because." Why not just say, we're only going to take the last 50 years into account because that is when we decided to cheat to get better, more relevant teams?

Then, you also forgot to take into account the fact that Texas has many more D1 teams than Oklahoma. The talent base is split over these schools as well. In addition, Texas, California and Florida are the hotbeds of high school talent and other kids go outside the State to play elsewhere.

We get where your bitterness comes in, but since you are so much bigger, and do offer more economic opportunities, there are a LOT of Sooners in texsucs, much to their chagrin.

Yes, there are far greater economic opportunities in the State of Texas. If Ou grads have employment here, good for them and good for the added tax revenue coming into the State

It just comes down to a numbers game in those areas. It SHOULD come down to a numbers game in football as well, but...it hasn't.

For the reasons pointed out above, this is a factually fallacious argument.

And that's what keeps whorn fans awake at night, the fact that our piddlin' little state even DARES to compete with you, much less DEFEAT you.

How has that worked out for you overall and 4 of the last 5 years. We won the first game. We won the last game. We won the most games.

I'd be pissed too, if I was a whorn. But, by the grace of God, I was born a Sooner. Sorry you were not, but it's never too late to convert!!

Just had to throw in some facts. :D

TheHumanAlphabet
8/26/2010, 01:26 PM
Hey Lid, will Delay get a fair trial in Austin? Oxymoron?

dsoonersmac
8/26/2010, 02:08 PM

Actually, the OU Club of Houston spearheaded the effort and has been working on it for more than two years. I know that Dallas always thinks they are the center of the world, but really, Jerry Daman of the Houston Club should get all of the kudos for working with TXDOT and OUr university to make this happen!

47straight
8/26/2010, 04:28 PM
Hey Lid, will Delay get a fair trial in Austin? Oxymoron?

Lid's knowledge of Austin is limited to 25 year old data peppered by 5 visits a fall.

stoopified
8/26/2010, 05:03 PM
Oh, and again, for Lid and Herr, you have a state of 24 MILLION people. We have a state of 3 million people. So, a program that should be 1/8 the size of yours in championships and overall dominance has owned you for 50 years. We get where your bitterness comes in, but since you are so much bigger, and do offer more economic opportunities, there are a LOT of Sooners in texsucs, much to their chagrin. It just comes down to a numbers game in those areas. It SHOULD come down to a numbers game in football as well, but...it hasn't. And that's what keeps whorn fans awake at night, the fact that our piddlin' little state even DARES to compete with you, much less DEFEAT you. I'd be pissed too, if I was a whorn. But, by the grace of God, I was born a Sooner. Sorry you were not, but it's never too late to convert!!Bingo

sooner518
8/27/2010, 11:49 AM
Well..there you go again. The old, "We're going to only take the last 50 years into account because I think that supports my argument and ignore the rest of the time just because." Why not just say, we're only going to take the last 50 years into account because that is when we decided to cheat to get better, more relevant teams?

How has that worked out for you overall and 4 of the last 5 years. We won the first game. We won the last game. We won the most games.

If youre going to bitch about how we arbitrarily pick a "starting point" to show our dominance, it might come off as a bit contradictory to do the exact same thing in the same post.

and the "cheating" thing is still incredibly :stunned: :eddie:

Dont you have some $50 cigars you could tell us about instead? :D