PDA

View Full Version : Oh ****! The messicans are gettin worried about the new law now...

SoonerStormchaser
8/2/2010, 04:38 PM
...so much, they've put a bounty on Sheriff Joe:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/02/mexican-drug-cartel-allegedly-puts-price-arizona-sheriffs-head/

If they do succeed, look for a monster border war...and their plan to backfire.

Serge Ibaka
8/2/2010, 04:48 PM
ALL MEXICANS ARE IN CARTELS AND INVOLVED IN VIOLENCE AND ILLEGAL DRUG TRAFFICKING.

I AM SUPER DUPER AFRAID OF BROWN PEOPLE AND THE LAWLESSNESS THEY REPRESENT.

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO AFRAID.

Serge Ibaka
8/2/2010, 04:52 PM
Not to mention: this was related in an anonymous message sent to the Fox affiliate in Pheonix.

And, of course, Fox News ("what a stroke of luck!" they declared while high-fiving their buddies and trying their darndest to keep their hidden-erections from bumping into their neighbors') then happily fed it to their fear-mongering sheep.

XingTheRubicon
8/2/2010, 05:24 PM
Wow, Serge, you sniffed that one out. You should work for the agency...that or mend fishing lures.

texaspokieokie
8/2/2010, 06:15 PM
i nsaw on the new earlier that the state of VA is gonna pass a law similar to that of AZ. maybe all states will do so.

Leroy Lizard
8/2/2010, 06:40 PM
Next up: South Carolina, then Georgia, then Alabama...

fadada1
8/2/2010, 06:58 PM
Next up: South Carolina, then Georgia, then Alabama...

don't ferget 'bout misssissippi!!!

me thinks investing in confederate flag futures would be most wise right now:D

Frozen Sooner
8/2/2010, 07:35 PM
don't ferget 'bout misssissippi!!!

me thinks investing in confederate flag futures would be most wise right now:D

Not sure how many more confederate flags you could really sell in SC, MS, or AL. There's only so many people here.

Leroy Lizard
8/2/2010, 08:24 PM
Not sure how many more confederate flags you could really sell in SC, MS, or AL. There's only so many people here.

And about half of them have no interest. ;)

bluedogok
8/2/2010, 08:30 PM
Other repressive and far right leaning states like Massachusetts are looking into laws like that...oh wait....

The New York Times - A Massachusetts Move on Immigration Law (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/28/us/28mass.html)

SanJoaquinSooner
8/2/2010, 10:01 PM
Other repressive and far right leaning states like Massachusetts are looking into laws like that...oh wait....

The New York Times - A Massachusetts Move on Immigration Law (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/28/us/28mass.html)

"In addition, the state attorney general’s office would be required to set up a hot line for people to anonymously report businesses that hire illegal immigrants, and to investigate any such reports."

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

SoonerStormchaser
8/2/2010, 10:42 PM
What Jaun? You mean that people might actually be called to help enforce immigration laws that are being broken?

Scott D
8/2/2010, 10:54 PM
Actually, it makes me nervous when Mass. chooses to do anything anonymously...you know, with their cultured history in falsely calling people witches and whatnot ;)

Sooner98
8/2/2010, 11:04 PM
"In addition, the state attorney general’s office would be required to set up a hot line for people to anonymously report businesses that hire illegal immigrants, and to investigate any such reports."

You're right, enforcing the law is such an antiquated notion.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/2/2010, 11:07 PM
What Jaun? You mean that people might actually be called to help enforce immigration laws that are being broken?

Among other reasons. If it's anonymous, what do you have to lose by reporting your business competitors? If you report them, what would be required of the district attorney's office? To verify the legal presence of each employee? Who knows, maybe there is one illegally present that was using his cousin's ID and SSN so you ****ed your competitor good! And if a restaurant gives you sh!ty service but doesn't comp you something, you might as well report them too. Nothing to lose. Let the goons investigate.

But I'm not surprised some folks have no respect for those in the private sector who create wealth and support those who live off gov't checks. These folks love to create a clusterf**k bureaucracy to check up on private businesses.

GKeeper316
8/2/2010, 11:26 PM
Among other reasons. If it's anonymous, what do you have to lose by reporting your business competitors? If you report them, what would be required of the district attorney's office? To verify the legal presence of each employee? Who knows, maybe there is one illegally present that was using his cousin's ID and SSN so you ****ed your competitor good! And if a restaurant gives you sh!ty service but doesn't comp you something, you might as well report them too. Nothing to lose. Let the goons investigate.

But I'm not surprised some folks have no respect for those in the private sector who create wealth and support those who live off gov't checks. These folks love to create a clusterf**k bureaucracy to check up on private businesses.

i agree. anonymous tip-lines largely create more problems than they attempt to solve.

bad idea.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/2/2010, 11:34 PM
You're right, enforcing the law is such an antiquated notion.

OK, then how about this: if you report that a business is using workers who are illegally present, but you are wrong, then YOU get deported to Cuidad Juarez.

SCOUT
8/3/2010, 12:57 AM

But isn't your competitor breaking the law by employing that person? The I-9 process is pretty straight forward. E-Verify is an incredibly easy second step too.

Are you suggesting that outing illegal behavior should be frowned upon?

Pricetag
8/3/2010, 12:59 AM
I'm thinking his point was that you could anonymously report your competitors, regardless of what you know about the status of their workers. Any effort they expend dealing with the government would be effort they don't have to compete with you.

XingTheRubicon
8/3/2010, 08:55 AM
you have to wonder if it would motivate you to be damn sure you don't have an illegal in your employ...

OUMallen
8/3/2010, 09:36 AM
...so much, they've put a bounty on Sheriff Joe:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/02/mexican-drug-cartel-allegedly-puts-price-arizona-sheriffs-head/

If they do succeed, look for a monster border war...and their plan to backfire.

I think you're being a little dramatic about the borderwar. Seriously?

But I think they're wise enough not to try to actually catch our direct ire. They don't want MX allowing US forces in to wipe them out.

StoopTroup
8/3/2010, 09:56 AM
When I get bad service I always call the INS instead of the Manager....LOLz

olevetonahill
8/3/2010, 11:01 AM
Heaven forbid there be an anonymous tip line for anything . Hell cops dont need that Tip line, the IRS dont either :rolleyes:

47straight
8/3/2010, 01:19 PM
ALL MEXICANS ARE IN CARTELS AND INVOLVED IN VIOLENCE AND ILLEGAL DRUG TRAFFICKING.

I AM SUPER DUPER AFRAID OF BROWN PEOPLE AND THE LAWLESSNESS THEY REPRESENT.

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO AFRAID.

I figured you'd join in with the disdain of Mexicans, seeing as how so many of them read books that are 2000 years old.

Serge Ibaka
8/3/2010, 01:21 PM
I figured you'd join in with the disdain of Mexicans, seeing as how so many of them read books that are 2000 years old.

Jeeze, I really hurt your feel-bads with that one, didn't I?

47straight
8/3/2010, 01:22 PM

Absolutely, especially the reporting businesses part. Those businesses are the ones much more likely to exploit and underpay immigrants, and provide unsafe working conditions. If I'm a business competitor of theirs playing by the rules, it seems only fair.

47straight
8/3/2010, 01:25 PM
Jeeze, I really hurt your feel-bads with that one, didn't I?

You admitted being a bigot against how many billions of people?

I just want the record to remain clear how big of a bigot you are, hypocrite.

Tell you what, change your signature to be "My troll handle is Serge Ibaka, and I'm a pathetic, hypocritical bigot" and I won't have to do anything.

Serge Ibaka
8/3/2010, 01:27 PM
You admitte being a bigot against how many billions of people?

I just want the record to remain clear how big of a bigot you are, hypocrite.

Tell you what, change your signature to be "My troll handle is Serge Ibaka, and I'm a pathetic, hypocritical bigot" and I won't have to do anything.

lol. You're such a dork.

47straight
8/3/2010, 01:32 PM
lol. You're such a dork.

Better a dork than a bigot.

Serge Ibaka
8/3/2010, 01:41 PM
Better a dork than a bigot.

For the record: disagreeing with religious people does not make me a bigot. You do not have a very good conceptual understanding of bigotry. Is every atheist/agnostic person in the world a bigot? Are all Christians bigoted against non-Christians (and vice-versa)?

Okay, I'm glad that's settled. And it was completely OT anyhow.

I think that the illegal-employers-hot-line!!!! is a pragmatic idea to the country's problem with undocumented workers--the only way to approach this issue is to stop their employment (none of this "secure the borders!" nonsense).

But I think this is ultimately an idealistic and naive solution: if you read sanjoaquin's post, you will see that this sort of institution will provide more trouble than it's worth. It will ultimately cause innocent people to suffer (if even mildly), and that's wrong.

47straight
8/3/2010, 02:11 PM
For the record: disagreeing with religious people does not make me a bigot. You do not have a very good conceptual understanding of bigotry. Is every atheist/agnostic person in the world a bigot? Are all Christians bigoted against non-Christians (and vice-versa)?

Okay, I'm glad that's settled. And it was completely OT anyhow.

Yes it was settled. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with religious people, but smearing people for simply following 2000 year old books.

"Not to mention, using literature that is several millennia old for moral/ethical guidance is an ignorant activity in itself."

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2903499&postcount=52

Serge Ibaka
8/3/2010, 02:18 PM
Yes it was settled. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with religious people, but smearing people for simply following 2000 year old books.

"Not to mention, using literature that is several millennia old for moral/ethical guidance is an ignorant activity in itself."

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2903499&postcount=52

Yeah, that's what I said, dummy-head: disagreeing with religious people.

I expressed my disagreement in a (slightly and unnecessarily) mean way ("smearing," as you called it), but this doesn't make it something more than disagreement. It's not like that sentence propels my disagreement into SUPER-BIGOTRY!!! territory. C'mon, you're better than that...

Also, the post you quoted is not even in the link you posted.

SoonerStormchaser
8/3/2010, 05:39 PM
^^Because you're mine...I walk the line....^^

Harry Beanbag
8/3/2010, 05:40 PM
<Poof!>

SoonerStormchaser
8/3/2010, 06:55 PM
What color did you get served with on that one Harry?

Harry Beanbag
8/3/2010, 07:10 PM
Green :D

Frozen Sooner
8/3/2010, 08:30 PM
Didn't card it at all, FWIW.

bluedogok
8/3/2010, 10:06 PM
E-Verify is an incredibly easy second step too.
It seems another bastion of conservatism is pushing for that on city contracts.

The Denver Post - Denver council endorses requiring immigration status checks for city construction work (http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15663558)

SanJoaquinSooner
8/4/2010, 09:40 AM
Heaven forbid there be an anonymous tip line for anything . Hell cops dont need that Tip line, the IRS dont either :rolleyes:

Vet, don't ignore the difference. The IRS is not REQUIRED to investigate every anonymous tip. They discriminate by the quality and credibility of the information they receive as well as the significance of the alleged offense.

If the authorities are REQUIRED by law to investigate every tip in the nature of "Billy Bob's Masonry has a couple of workers speakin Mexican to each other and they look illegal as a 3 dollar bill!" I contend it would be ridiculous.

If, however, authorities receive a tip from a bookkeeper of a sports car lot who has compelling documentation of the owner wiring money to coyotes to bring workers over to detail cars, then it might make sense to investigate.