PDA

View Full Version : OU/Big 12 TV on Cable

Cinco Ranch Cougar
8/2/2010, 03:26 PM
Is there a Big 12 channel like the Big 10 channel available in Houston, TX. I tried to look at Att Uverse but could not find a specific Big 12 Channel.
Any suggestions?

Boomer.....
8/2/2010, 03:31 PM
No.

badger
8/2/2010, 03:34 PM
Very funny, but I will take the bait:

No, there is no Big 12 Channel, because our benevolent dictators from Austin have deemed it financially unwise to upset their militaristic rule over the their 11, soon to be 9 minion schools.

However, coming to a cable provider near you - Bevo TV, which will have 24/7 longhorn coverage.

Hail, benevolent dictator of Austin.

bluedogok
8/2/2010, 08:02 PM
Very funny, but I will take the bait:

No, there is no Big 12 Channel, because our benevolent dictators from Austin have deemed it financially unwise to upset their militaristic rule over the their 11, soon to be 9 minion schools.

However, coming to a cable provider near you - Bevo TV, which will have 24/7 longhorn coverage.

Hail, benevolent dictator of Austin.
There is a BEVOD (On Demand) channel already on some of the Time Warner Cable systems here in Texas. I think it has been on there since I moved here in 2003. It can be yours in one of those markets for $3.99 a month....

mehip
8/2/2010, 08:10 PM
No and there never will be since this conference will be dead in 5 years.

swardboy
8/3/2010, 12:03 PM
My Fox Sports Midwest is the closest thing...I've missed maybe three games over the last five years between it, espin, and abc.

rawlingsHOH
8/3/2010, 12:11 PM
lol

salth2o
8/3/2010, 12:37 PM
I love those Saturdays when I can watch San Jose State play New Mexico State, instead of Oklahoma vs. Colorado! :( :rolleyes:

I have Comcast and am able, on occasion, to get an OU game vs. _____ on PPV. The suggestion to get the Fox Sports package is spot on.

Welcome to Whornville.

HBick
8/3/2010, 12:39 PM

Agreed. As soon as OU or Texas gets left out of the National Title Game because of no conference championship, someone bolts.

AZSOONER
8/3/2010, 01:23 PM

AZSOONER
8/3/2010, 01:24 PM
Agreed. As soon as OU or Texas gets left out of the National Title Game because of no conference championship, someone bolts.

I think all the other schools are already working on their departure plans. They're just buying time.

bluedogok
8/3/2010, 09:56 PM
I love those Saturdays when I can watch San Jose State play New Mexico State, instead of Oklahoma vs. Colorado! :( :rolleyes:

I have Comcast and am able, on occasion, to get an OU game vs. _____ on PPV. The suggestion to get the Fox Sports package is spot on.

Welcome to Whornville.
I have TimeWarner for internet only, Directv so I always have access to the PPV broadcasts.

AlbqSooner
8/4/2010, 06:37 AM

Early season 2004. OU was on ABC and it was scheduled here in Albuquerque according to the paper. I got everything set up and sat down to watch the game. That is when I learned that the New Mexico Auto Dealers Association had prempted the schedule for a "Special of local interest". Soooo, while Oklahoma and surrounding states watched the first half of the OU game, I was treated to live coverage of the New Mexico State Fair Parade.:eek: :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
8/4/2010, 07:42 AM
At least it was for something important.