PDA

View Full Version : Askins campaign

badger
8/2/2010, 11:24 AM
I am :stunned: and :eek:

Askins campaign got $26k from poultry execs - link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=298&articleid=20100802_1_0_OKLAHO886482)

Still not sure if I'll vote for Fallin though. Maybe I'll leave that one blank

StoopTroup
8/2/2010, 11:26 AM
sO YER sAyIn fALLIN Can "Suck an Egg"? :D

JohnnyMack
8/2/2010, 11:30 AM
Once again, our choices for Guvnah this year pretty much all sucked.

Serge Ibaka
8/2/2010, 01:55 PM
That's sad news.

Almost every freaking community is mad at the local chicken-farmers who have polluted their (creek, river, lake, etc.). And everybody gets mad at the local (and powerless) growers in stead of the greater corporate institutions who support that pollution, and it doesn't make sense. But such is the price of $1 McChickens.

I know this was an issue for the Grand-Lake communities. People around the Illinois River (speaking of which: I need to get my float/drink on BADLY) are mad about it too.

At any rate, $26k is chunk-change (for both parties), and it will probably still affect her policy about meat-production. And it's bu**sh*t.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/2/2010, 02:17 PM
And everybody gets mad at the local (and powerless) growers in stead of the greater corporate institutions who support that pollution, and it doesn't make sense.

No, this statement doesn't make sense. It's local producers who have failed to follow proper waste disposal methods, local producers who are faceless enough to avoid some of the ODEQ and EPA scrutiny, and local producers who have the benefit of falling back on the basic fact that they're small town Oklahoma, not those evil corporations out to kill us all.

Local producer doesn't equal 20-30 birds in a tin shed out in the pasture anymore. Nor does it equal some sort of immunity for improper livestock waste controls.

OklahomaTuba
8/2/2010, 02:22 PM
Poor Jeri, she didn't have a prayer before selling out to "big poultry" and Walmart. Now she has even less of one.

Maybe she can go campaign with Comrad Santa?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2010/20100802_A1_A1rogers0802.jpg

He got more votes than scary jari.

Serge Ibaka
8/2/2010, 02:31 PM
No, this statement doesn't make sense. It's local producers who have failed to follow proper waste disposal methods, local producers who are faceless enough to avoid some of the ODEQ and EPA scrutiny, and local producers who have the benefit of falling back on the basic fact that they're small town Oklahoma, not those evil corporations out to kill us all.

Local producer doesn't equal 20-30 birds in a tin shed out in the pasture anymore. Nor does it equal some sort of immunity for improper livestock waste controls.

That's exactly my point. Their (local growers') growing operations are huge, and they don't pay for them out of pocket: they are financed and directed at the corporate levels. It is impossible for the local growers to follow the corporate model (which is being demanded of them) while still disposing of the waste in a sanitary way--there's just too many chickens and too much s**t.

Poultry farming is too big for its britches, and the local growers are mere pawns.

Pricetag
8/3/2010, 01:27 AM
Poor Jeri, she didn't have a prayer before selling out to "big poultry" and Walmart. Now she has even less of one.
No prayer? Who else is running besides Fallin?

tommieharris91
8/3/2010, 02:18 AM
No prayer? Who else is running besides Fallin?

Actually, Jari has a fighting chance against Mary. Unlike that Alvin Greene Part II.

OklahomaTuba
8/3/2010, 08:44 AM
No prayer?
Well, no prayer might be putting it too nicely. Scary Jari was always the weaker choice by the donks/poultry industry. The GOP will easily control the entire OK government come Nov. First time in state history.

A statewide telephone survey of 500 likely voters in Oklahoma conducted July 28 by Rasmussen Reports showed Fallin ahead of Askins, 57-36 percent.
http://newsok.com/candidates-for-governor-face-tough-race-issues/article/3481579#ixzz0vY9Ow5T0

Jari hasn't broken 40% in this poll, ever.

Fallin has broken 65% several times. Give the Brogdon folks time to digest and it will be back over 65% soon.

Added to this is the fact scary jari is basically as left of center as you can get in this state politically, and in a year when anything with a D next to it will be lucky to survive. Not to mention that scary *** ballot initiative the NEA is trying force feed us at the expense of the rest of the state.

Pricetag
8/3/2010, 09:20 AM
I guess Fallin knew she had the win over Brogdon locked up in the primary, because her message was weak. Sounded like a Goldie Wilson campaign.

OklahomaTuba
8/3/2010, 11:07 AM
Brogdon's only hope, and I heard him even admit this, was that the Tea Party Movement would catch more fire here than it has.

Frankly, that is impossible here because the state's largest employer is the state itself. Last thing they need is some A/C guy from Owasso coming in here and messing up their pensions and benefits like Chris Christie is doing in NJ.

Given the pension/benefit disaster that OK is about to face, Fallin better go talk to Chris Christie ASAP. The public sector in this state is about to kill it.

JohnnyMack
8/3/2010, 11:16 AM
Brogdon's only hope, and I heard him even admit this, was that people didn't realize that he was a loon.

FIFY

and too late.

My Opinion Matters
8/3/2010, 11:23 AM
Brad Henry (who?) doesn't stand a chance against Steve Largent!

My Opinion Matters
8/3/2010, 11:27 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2j0h9iw.jpg

My Opinion Matters
8/3/2010, 11:29 AM
Now all this thread needs is Big Red Ron, in all of his righteous polling wisdom, to predict a decisive victory for Fallin and we're pretty much done here.

Okla-homey
8/3/2010, 11:30 AM
I say again. I'm voting for Jari. You should too, if for no other reason than single-party rule is scary. Especially with the bunch we have on Lincoln Boulevard right now.

All I ask is you think about it long and hard before you vote for the Trooper-Schtooper.

picasso
8/3/2010, 12:26 PM

Who would have won if it were just those two running?

47straight
8/3/2010, 01:19 PM
All I ask is you think about it long and hard before you vote for the Trooper-Schtooper.

Hey Beavis, you said "long and hard." Hehhehhehh

SicEmBaylor
8/3/2010, 01:24 PM

I have never seen a politican **** away a campaign and such a commanding lead in the polls like Steve Largent did. If the nation's political consultants came together and created a list of the top-10 things NOT to do in a campaign...Largent would have done all 10.

Pitiful.

badger
8/3/2010, 02:12 PM
Who would have won if it were just those two running?

The one who charges less on the turnpike, because that apparently mattered to a lot of voters, heh :D

OklahomaTuba
8/3/2010, 02:43 PM
Who would have won if it were just those two running?Henry: 43%
Largent: 43%
Richardson: 14%

And Henry only won by 7K votes.

OklahomaTuba
8/3/2010, 02:45 PM
FIFY

and too late.If only he was loony enough run as the dims Senate Candidate, he might have gotten himself nominated!

TopDawg
8/3/2010, 05:26 PM
He got more votes than scary jari.

ROFL! I see what you did there!

If only there was something that rhymed with Mary, the Dems could do something equally hilarious!

badger
8/3/2010, 05:52 PM
Mary, Mary, quite contrary (lol at TopDawg) is apparently still lacking Brogdon's endorsement, not that she would want it, but interesting nonetheless.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20100803_262_0_hrimgs809601)

SicEmBaylor
8/3/2010, 08:15 PM
Mary, Mary, quite contrary (lol at TopDawg) is apparently still lacking Brogdon's endorsement, not that she would want it, but interesting nonetheless.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20100803_262_0_hrimgs809601)

It's doubtful she can win the general without his supporters. My advice to them is to stay home in November. Askins/Fallin...the difference is marginal.