PDA

View Full Version : Need help with CPU virus

soonerinkaty
8/2/2010, 12:52 AM
I have a nasty virus on my CPU and can't get rid of it. It won't let me open avg or get online. I turned filesharing off, what should I do now?
P.S. I'm doing this from iPhone

soonerboomer93
8/2/2010, 01:16 AM
try booting in safe mode with network support and getting malwarebytes

achiro
8/2/2010, 07:34 AM
Is this the virus that keeps popping up windows wanting you to buy an antivirus? If so what is the name of the antivirus it wants you to buy?

soonerinkaty
8/2/2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah it's that one. It's antivir solution pro or something like that.

achiro
8/2/2010, 08:14 AM
Step by step removal guide for you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivir-solution-pro

Go down to the "Automated Removal Instructions for Antivir Solution Pro using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:" part for the detailed instructions.

Ike
8/2/2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah it's that one. It's antivir solution pro or something like that.

If thats the one it is, then try this:

http://www.wiki-security.com/wiki/Parasite/AntivirSolutionPro/
(this site appears to be trying to sell a security product, but does contain instructions for manual removal)

Remove Antivir Solution Pro manually

Another method to remove Antivir Solution Pro is to manually delete Antivir Solution Pro files in your system. Detect and remove the following Antivir Solution Pro files:

Processes

* %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random]\[random].exe
* AntivirSolution.exe

Other Files

* C:\Program Files\Antivir Solution Pro
* %UserProfile%\Desktop\Antivir Solution Pro.lnk

Registry Keys

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Antivir Solution Pro
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run\Antivir Solution Pro
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\AntivirSolution
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies \System\DisableTaskMgr
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies \System\DisableTaskMgr

achiro
8/2/2010, 08:22 AM
My way is much easier. :D

Honestly, I don't like messing around in the registry at all. Malware bytes will clean this one up really well.
Make sure you follow the directions for unchecking the LAN settings like it says first. That is the part that makes you unable to get anywhere or download anything. Basically that makes everything you do online go through their server.

soonerinkaty
8/2/2010, 08:53 AM
I'd like to kick the developer of this **** in thier ballsack.