PDA

View Full Version : When you run the self-clean cycle on your oven....

royalfan5
8/1/2010, 12:49 PM
is there supposed to be a visible flame?

JohnnyMack
8/1/2010, 01:17 PM
:pop:

Okla-homey
8/1/2010, 03:56 PM
Depends on how long its been since you ran a self-clean cycle. If it's been too long, and the encrusted gunk and grease makes the interior of your oven look like "The Spelunker's Cave" ride at Six Flags over Texas, you should probably remove some of the crud stalactites before trying a self-clean.

Chuck Bao
8/1/2010, 07:05 PM
Homey nailed it. A flame is not a good thing, nor is the smoke healthy in a house. I got a new maid last week and one of the first things I told her to do was scrub inside my oven and microwave oven. Doesn't your oven have some sort of tray at the bottom to catch all of the charred grease? Like the environment, that **** doesn't just disappear with a self-cleaning oven.

olevetonahill
8/1/2010, 07:10 PM
Has the Fire Department Left yet ?

Sooner24
8/1/2010, 07:16 PM
Has the Fire Department Left yet ?

He won't be able to post until he gets out of ICU.

SoonerJack
8/1/2010, 09:31 PM
it seems like every time we use the self cleaning feature on our oven we wind up burning out an element. I've replaced the lower element twice over the last 4 years I think. $20 part IIRC

Penguin
8/1/2010, 10:19 PM
A self cleaning oven? Who are you? George Jetson?

Crucifax Autumn
8/1/2010, 10:33 PM
My idea of a self cleaning oven is getting a new apartment occasionally.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/1/2010, 10:36 PM
Is it a gas or an electric oven?

If it's gas, then yes, you want to see a flame.

If it's electric, no.

Chuck Bao
8/2/2010, 03:00 AM
By cowinkidink, I fell asleep at my computer in a drunky stupor while cooking a chicken/mushroom/rice dish, like four hours ago, and the smoke is so thick I can't see the other side of the apartment. And, I'm afraid to take the dish out. I've lost all appetitite and the self cleaning is so not intentional.