PDA

View Full Version : Suh wants more money than Bradford

JLEW1818
8/1/2010, 11:35 AM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms that Ndamakong Suh is seeking a more lucrative contract than No. 1 pick Sam Bradford received.

Suh's agent, Eugene Parker, is reportedly pushing for $90 million over six years with a whopping $56 million guaranteed. Bradford got $78 million with $50 million guaranteed. It can be argued that Suh was the best player in the draft, but he doesn't get a QB premium and he wasn't the No. 1 pick. If Suh's representatives don't agree to slotting their client, we could be looking out a significant holdout. The Lions would be insane to give Suh more than Bradford.

oumartin
8/1/2010, 11:58 AM
well, I dont' blame him or his agent for trying. Dude was awesome last year

meoveryouxinfinity
8/1/2010, 12:08 PM
well, I dont' blame him or his agent for trying. Dude was awesome last year

but if he does holdout because he's not getting what Sam is.... red flag alert.

He should get something closer to what GK got than what Sam got. Same position...

Ruf/Nek7
8/1/2010, 12:18 PM
Lions don't have that kind of money to give...unless he was a WR

huskermark07
8/1/2010, 12:40 PM
Suh played in every game while Bradford played in one and has a shoulder that could be suspect to injury after one good hit. I kind of see Suh's point.

silverwheels
8/1/2010, 12:45 PM
I would see Suh's point if he had been picked 1st overall, but he wasn't.

delhalew
8/1/2010, 12:47 PM
I would like that much money...doesn't mean I have a chance in hell.

oumartin
8/1/2010, 12:48 PM
Suh played in every game while Bradford played in one and has a shoulder that could be suspect to injury after one good hit. I kind of see Suh's point.

gee, go figure

meoveryouxinfinity
8/1/2010, 12:48 PM

Really? I could see the point if it was reversed: Suh was picked #1, Bradford #2, Suh signs, Bradford wants more than him. Not that it would ever happen. Just like Suh won't sign for more than Bradford.

Tigeman
8/1/2010, 12:56 PM
Ndamukong Suh's agent, Eugene Parker, said Sunday that reports he's asking for more money for the No. 2 overall draft pick than No. 1 selection Sam Bradford received are "not true."

Eugene Parker Quote (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81972161/article/agent-suh-not-seeking-contract-bigger-than-bradfords-50m)

badger
8/1/2010, 01:13 PM

that sounds like big ten talk... TRAITOR!

;)

fadada1
8/1/2010, 01:39 PM
kudos to the (greedy bastard they are) agents for getting big money, but $50 million for never playing a down in the NFL is stupid. unfortunately, something like this may lead to a strike in 2012. time will tell.

SoonerLB
8/1/2010, 01:41 PM
Hasn't played a down in the NFL and already making demands, trade his trouble-makin' azz! ;)

AZSOONER
8/1/2010, 01:50 PM
Never heard of a franchise DL.

SOFSooner
8/1/2010, 03:45 PM
In the only game that they played against each other Sam ran roughshod over a defense that Suh was a key player in. So if we are talking head to head competion then Sam deserves what he signed for and Suh should settle for what GK got. Suh is a defensive lineman and they do not make or break a team, while a quarterback is not only the most visible face on the team, but can also make or break a team's season.

picasso
8/1/2010, 05:09 PM

Sam had 2 decent seasons before '09 I'd dare say.

olevetonahill
8/1/2010, 05:38 PM
Want in one hand **** in the other
see which one fills up:rolleyes:

oudavid1
8/1/2010, 05:41 PM
No way it happens though

bluedogok
8/1/2010, 06:22 PM
kudos to the (greedy bastard they are) agents for getting big money, but $50 million for never playing a down in the NFL is stupid. unfortunately, something like this may lead to a strike in 2012. time will tell.
Technically it won't be a players strike, it will be an owners lockout like the NHL went through during what was supposed to be the 2004-05 season.

NatureBoy
8/1/2010, 06:27 PM
LOL at everyone ignoring the post about the original premise of this thread being untrue. As Suh's agent explains, Suh is not asking for more money than Bradford received.

Just close your eyes and ignore it...maybe it'll make it disappear.

rawlingsHOH
8/1/2010, 06:42 PM
Tell Suh, if he wanted Bradford money he should have been picked first. Pretty simple stuff.

huskermark07
8/1/2010, 07:35 PM
Tell Suh, if he wanted Bradford money he should have been picked first. Pretty simple stuff.

Suh is injury free, I wish Sam was as well. The fact remains the he is one hit away from another shoulder injury. I wish them both the best in the NFL:)

huskermark07
8/1/2010, 07:39 PM
that sounds like big ten talk... TRAITOR!

;)

Huskers are not a traitor, just doing what is best for the University as a whole, you will do the same in a few years;)

StoopTroup
8/1/2010, 07:39 PM
Adrian's collarbone is one hit away too. LMAO!

olevetonahill
8/1/2010, 07:50 PM
dint take long fer the corn shucker to get all red in the face, And I dint even do it ;)

picasso
8/1/2010, 07:50 PM
Joe Theisman's leg was one brutal hit away from a compound fracture.

SoonerShay
8/1/2010, 07:51 PM
Suh is injury free, I wish Sam was as well. The fact remains the he is one hit away from another shoulder injury. I wish them both the best in the NFL:)

Injury free? I swear Suh had knee injuries before and had more than one of them.

huskermark07
8/1/2010, 07:58 PM
dint take long fer the corn shucker to get all red in the face, And I dint even do it ;)

I am happy Sam got what he got:D

All I am saying is Suh was the best player in college football last year, he should make close to what Sam is getting.

picasso
8/1/2010, 08:01 PM

All I am saying is Suh was the best player in college football last year, he should make close to what Sam is getting.

One could argue Josh Heupel was the best player in 2000.

huskermark07
8/1/2010, 08:08 PM
Well they will both do well, and that is the main thing.

GO BIG REDS!!!

And BEAT TEXAS

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!

silverwheels
8/1/2010, 08:40 PM

Doesn't matter if he was the best player in college football last year. That's not how it works. Suh should make #2 overall pick money.

Besides, as has been pointed out, his agent is denying it, although with his track record who knows if he is telling the truth.

TMcGee86
8/2/2010, 10:36 AM
I just can't imagine that he has a whole lot of leverage here. Same with all the first rounders this, especially now that Sam has signed such a lucrative deal.

I mean what's Suh gonna do? Hold out all year and pray that a rookie salary cap doesn't get put in place? The chances of that happening are slim to none and he looks at losing a ton of money, not to mention a whole year of earning potential.

If I was Detroit I would say go ahead and hold out all year, even if the rookie cap doesn't get installed, considering how bad we suck there's a good chance we could draft you again and we will offer you the same deal knowing you wont hold out for two years.

badger
8/2/2010, 10:47 AM
Huskers are not a traitor, just doing what is best for the University as a whole, you will do the same in a few years;)

Nope, because we'll beat Texas. I mean, I assume that's why you left the Big 12, because you couldn't beat Texas?

fossil
8/2/2010, 10:51 AM

:D Wow! What a huge surprise. A Husker fan who agrees with Suh and his agent. Suh doesn't have a point. He does not deserve, nor will he get, what Bradford got.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/2/2010, 10:58 AM
:D Wow! What a huge surprise. A Husker fan who agrees with Suh and his agent. Suh doesn't have a point. He does not deserve, nor will he get, what Bradford got.

Nebraska's just bitter at Oklahoma and Texas.

Mississippi Sooner
8/2/2010, 11:14 AM
Joe Theisman's leg was one brutal hit away from a compound fracture.

I thought that was one of the most brutal things I ever saw on broadcast television....until last year's Sun Bowl.

badger
8/2/2010, 11:20 AM
Nebraska's just bitter at Oklahoma and Texas.

They're too nice to be bitter.

Husker: Nice, nice, nice, I am so nice. :)

(Steve Pederson and Bill Callahan ruin Nebraska)

Bugeater: Rage, rage, rage, so full of rage :mad:

(Bo Pelini gets them to the big 12 title game)

Husker: Nice, nice, nice, I am so nice :)

(Texas 10; Nebraska 12; Clock: 0:00)

Arrogant arsehole: YEAH, TAKE THAT TEXAS! :D

(Texas 10; Nebraska 12; Clock 0:01)

Husker: what the flip? :confused:

(Texas 13; Nebraska 12; Clock 0:00)

Bugeater: RAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEE :mad:

cheezyq
8/2/2010, 11:26 AM

Cuz defensive linemen NEVER get hurt?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/2/2010, 11:30 AM
so I wonder if anybody else caught the post and link saying that this wasn't true..

cheezyq
8/2/2010, 11:31 AM
so I wonder if anybody else caught the post and link saying that this wasn't true..

Yeah, but it's still fun to get the cornshucker's panties in a twist.

Mississippi Sooner
8/2/2010, 11:41 AM

It's not true!!!!! [hairGel]

Yeah, I know that's getting worn out, but it still cracks me up.

goingoneight
8/2/2010, 11:43 AM
Facts don't matter on message boards. Hell, some people still argue Stoops is replacing Weiss at Notre Damn. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/2/2010, 11:49 AM
it always cracks me up...Like I say

Most people don't read the board, they just post here

StoopTroup
8/2/2010, 11:53 AM
Suh just mailed me an IPAD.

PLaw
8/2/2010, 12:17 PM
Ummmm, if Suh's logic is a representative example of the Nebbish academic system, then they sure as heck won't be able to hang in the Big X12.

BOOMER

JLEW1818
8/2/2010, 01:09 PM

don't back talk me ... u know better

stoops the eternal pimp
8/2/2010, 01:21 PM
sorry..I wont do it again

SoonerLB
8/2/2010, 01:22 PM
Suh just bombed Pearl Harbor! Book it Dano! ;)

delhalew
8/2/2010, 01:26 PM
This is not true, but they can't seem to find a number between 11 and 13 million a year...Sam and GK,s contracts perfectly bookend Suh. How much training camp does he plan on missing? The talking heads say there is no deal close to being done.

goingoneight
8/3/2010, 12:33 PM
I tell ya, that dang'ol En-dummy-Kong Susie is askin fer too much damb money. No way should he get more than the #1 pick, hur-hur-hur!

delhalew
8/3/2010, 12:38 PM
I tell ya, that dang'ol En-dummy-Kong Susie is askin fer too much damb money. No way should he get more than the #1 pick, hur-hur-hur!

What's his hold up?

badger
8/3/2010, 12:50 PM
What's his hold up?

Donkeykong Suh and Poke's Russhole Okung still haven't signed. They both seem like nice guys, but what the heck, let's name-call them into ending their holdouts :D

I strongly suspect that the holdout deals with guaranteed money and that Sammie's $50 million really complicated things. On the Lions side, I don't think they want to pay Suh more than $41.7 guaranteed, the amount that Stafford got last year as QB1. On Suh's side, GK got $37 guaranteed and Sammie got $50 million guaranteed, so he probably wants at least $42.5 million.

Yes, if my speculation is correct, they are squabbling over less than a million. Boo hoo

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 08:47 AM
a boy named Sue signed, & got a fat contract. 68 mil for 5 yrs & 40 mil guaranteed.

he'll be able to maintain his boyish figure, won't miss any meals.

badger
8/4/2010, 11:11 AM
Like I suspected, it was about guaranteed money. He got just under what Stafford got last year, heh

texaspokieokie
8/4/2010, 11:25 AM
wonder how much he'll give to his school ??

badger
8/4/2010, 11:47 AM
wonder how much he'll give to his school ??

$2 million for a practice facility, $600,000 to endow a scholarship in the College of Engineering.

Just a wild prediction. A hunch.

:D

goingoneight
8/4/2010, 12:02 PM
Donkeykong Suh and Poke's Russhole Okung still haven't signed. They both seem like nice guys, but what the heck, let's name-call them into ending their holdouts :D

I strongly suspect that the holdout deals with guaranteed money and that Sammie's $50 million really complicated things. On the Lions side, I don't think they want to pay Suh more than $41.7 guaranteed, the amount that Stafford got last year as QB1. On Suh's side, GK got $37 guaranteed and Sammie got $50 million guaranteed, so he probably wants at least $42.5 million.

Yes, if my speculation is correct, they are squabbling over less than a million. Boo hoo

Mine was a little bit of an exaggeration, but I did hear the color guy during the Mizzou/Nebbish game last year call him something like "En-dummy-kong" several times. As he was most of the year, Suh was on a tear in that game.

badger
8/4/2010, 12:19 PM
Mine was a little bit of an exaggeration, but I did hear the color guy during the Mizzou/Nebbish game last year call him something like "En-dummy-kong" several times. As he was most of the year, Suh was on a tear in that game.

Texas totally tried to [karatekid]sweep the leg[/kid] on Suh at the beginning of the title game. It looked bad when it happened, but didn't Suh sack Colt like nine times or something?

[buellermom]Nine times?[/mom]

[buellerprincipal]Nine times.[/principal]

Wow, I really need some caffeine.

EDIT: and it was 4.5 with seven tackles. don't remember where i heard nine - maybe he hit him nine times and colt was able to pass off to shipley a few of those times or something... throw the ball out with one second left, all that :D

diegosooner
8/4/2010, 12:58 PM
The amounts are mind-boggling. It would be different if they really were sure-things.

AZSOONER
8/4/2010, 04:16 PM
Suh just got traded to the Rams.

Big Red Ron
8/5/2010, 09:07 AM
Huskers are not a traitor, just doing what is best for the University as a whole, you will do the same in a few years;)Yeah, run for your ever lovin' lives to an easier conference. I feel ya!

badger
8/5/2010, 09:23 AM
You know who still hasn't signed?
http://www.mynfldraft.com/players/Russell%20Okung.jpg

And you know who he hasn't signed with?
http://www.sift.com/sites/default/files/microsoft-logo.jpg

And you know who is trying to cheerlead rah rah him into signing faster?
http://americansportsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/pete-carroll.jpg

:D

Big Red Ron
8/5/2010, 09:41 AM
Aggie is as Aggie does.

CrimsonJim
8/5/2010, 09:55 AM
"A hunter only brings what he needs for the hunt."

huskermark07
8/5/2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah, run for your ever lovin' lives to an easier conference. I feel ya!

Seems to me the Big12 just got a little easier for the Sooners now that the Huskers are gone;)

silverwheels
8/5/2010, 07:24 PM
Seems to me the Big12 just got a little easier for the Sooners now that the Huskers are gone;)

Considering that we have won 6 Big 12 titles and Nebraska has only 2 (and none since 1999), I'm not sure that's the case. ;)

stoopified
8/5/2010, 07:49 PM
I would like that much money...doesn't mean I have a chance in hell.Bingo

Big Red Ron
8/22/2010, 01:26 PM
Seems to me the Big12 just got a little easier for the Sooners now that the Huskers are gone;)BWWAAA!!!