PDA

View Full Version : Now that Sam has big $,how much will he give

stoopified
7/31/2010, 09:22 AM
..to OU.I recall Suh pledging a buttload of money to Nebraska,just curious if anyone thinks Sam will do the same (or for that matter Trent,Gerald,and Jermaine)?

I assume most alums donate to their school after they get the big $ but the only ones I recall donate big enough at OU to be publicized were Cedric Jones and the RRW.Anyone know if AD donated big $?

texaspokieokie
7/31/2010, 09:32 AM
i'm guessing that lot's of guys do it without making a big deal.

StoopTroup
7/31/2010, 09:36 AM
That's his business IMHO.

OU-HSV
7/31/2010, 09:40 AM
..to OU.I recall Suh pledging a buttload of money to Nebraska,just curious if anyone thinks Sam will do the same (or for that matter Trent,Gerald,and Jermaine)?

I assume most alums donate to their school after they get the big $ but the only ones I recall donate big enough at OU to be publicized were Cedric Jones and the RRW.Anyone know if AD donated big $?

Not sure about exact dollars that AD has donated/I figure he has...but if nothing else, doesn't he host a kids football camp each year at OU? To me that's important and awesome as well. Seems like AD is always working with the kiddos.

Eielson
7/31/2010, 09:42 AM
Isn't it supposed to be the other way around, or is that just USC?

Shakadoodoo
7/31/2010, 10:19 AM
IMHO - I think OU gets and makes plenty of money off the kids while they are in college - I'm not saying that they should not donate back to the college but I would be more impressed with them donating back to their high schools and community's that they came from as well as helping needy communities that are where ever their heart leads them.

texaspokieokie
7/31/2010, 10:35 AM
i remember when Barry Sanders signed, he gave a quarter mil to his little church in wichita.

StoopTroup
7/31/2010, 10:40 AM
IMHO - I think OU gets and makes plenty of money off the kids while they are in college - I'm not saying that they should not donate back to the college but I would be more impressed with them donating back to their high schools and community's that they came from as well as helping needy communities that are where ever their heart leads them.

Great point. SPEK. I think given a long career in the NFL with loads of success like we are currently seeing from Adrian....Sam will not only cover the High Schools and Communities but he will indeed endow some dough to OU. If you have watched Sam much and ever met his Parents I think you have to admit that not only is he a really smart guy...he was raised right and knows how to give back. Sam just doesn't seem like a "ME" person to me at all.

I'll bet heavy and give odds that he'll be a guy who gives back not only of his money....but of his time too eventually if not from the get go.

texaspokieokie
7/31/2010, 10:51 AM
i've NEVER heard a bad word about Sam.

sooner59
7/31/2010, 12:28 PM
He should sponsor a charity ping pong tourny at the Bud.

rawlingsHOH
7/31/2010, 12:34 PM

I assume most alums donate to their school after they get the big $ but the only ones I recall donate big enough at OU to be publicized were Cedric Jones and the RRW. Anyone know if AD donated big $?

A lot of people prefer to keep their donations private.

StoopTroup
7/31/2010, 12:52 PM
He should sponsor a charity ping pong tourny at the Bud.

I know I've heard I think even on this board that Sam is indeed one heck of a "King Pong" Playa.

That would be cool if he allowed folks to buy an entry into said Tourney. I'd even go out to my garage and find my old sand paddles. :D

HBick
7/31/2010, 06:42 PM
Roy Williams gave a bunch of money to OU didn't he?

OUTrumpet
7/31/2010, 08:07 PM

Pretty sure the real Roy Williams was the primary donor for the indoor football facility - the airplane hanger place.

oudavid1
7/31/2010, 08:11 PM

yep yep.

What Sam does with his cash is his business.

TXBOOMER
7/31/2010, 08:20 PM

Well said!

ashley
7/31/2010, 08:49 PM

That is a great thought.

SoonerLB
7/31/2010, 10:12 PM

Exactly!

badger
8/1/2010, 08:41 AM
In addition to AD's camp back in Norman, he appears prominently in "Sooners in the NFL" stuff on Stoops' recruiting page, the media guide, etc... and that intro video with the Contender music!

I almost want athletes to contribute their time more than money... although with budget issues at the state level, money is probably welcome too :D

Like someone on here already mentioned, it's up to them. I don't think they should feel obliged.

stoopified
8/1/2010, 10:10 AM
Pretty sure the real Roy Williams was the primary donor for the indoor football facility - the airplane hanger place.Not quite,I mean there IS a reason it is called the Everest Center,He did donate enough money to have a strength and conditioning area inside the Everest Center named after him..

I'm not sure why so many felt he need to say the obvious about it being Sam's money and he can do what he wants.The point of this thread is that I'm curious as to how generous Sam and for that matter the other 1st round picks will be to OU as I have never had any doubt they will donate.After all if the most sucessfull Sooners don't keep the cash flowing in we could end up on a level with oSu ( perish the thought).

I pointed out that Williams and Jones were the only two Sooners I could think of to have large donations publicized because I think it does bring out that most Sooners donate without fanfare.To get back to my original thought,does anyone have a guess as to how much Sam gives? I wouldn't be at ll surprised if Sam were to donate $i,000,000 or more.

texaspokieokie
8/1/2010, 10:19 AM
i'm guessing something less than 78 mil.

MojoRisen
8/1/2010, 01:17 PM
Keep in mind the taxes are over 50% on the dudes money. I am thinking a cool million though -

cvsooner
8/1/2010, 05:39 PM
Keep in mind the taxes are over 50% on the dudes money. I am thinking a cool million though -

No they're not. Top income tax rate is 35 percent.

Leroy Lizard
8/1/2010, 06:10 PM

Federal, sure. A lot of agencies will have their hands out.

cvsooner
8/1/2010, 07:35 PM
Looks to me like the total income tax tab will be 44 percent (9 % for Mizzou and 35 % fed).

ashley
8/1/2010, 08:26 PM

35%, I wish you did my taxes. I will buy a dog and a cat and and you can call me a rancher.

rawlingsHOH
8/1/2010, 08:35 PM
lol

BoomerJack
8/2/2010, 08:52 AM
I believe that it would be great if these former athletes contribute some $$$$ back to the University. After all. President Boren has been working very hard to build a University the football team can be proud of.