PDA

View Full Version : AD Question About Running Style

HBick
7/30/2010, 12:52 PM
ESPN has been following Minnesota this morning and today about Sidney Rice, Favre Watch and then on AD and his fumbling.

He's obviously a freak athlete and extremely strong. Is he more prone to fumbling due to his running style? As in his ferocious in your face running style. I know he carries the ball in one arm a lot of the time, is this the main problem, and will he have to modify his style to reduce fumbles?

Anyone got any insight?

Side note: I assume General Sports Forum is the appropriate place for this?

stoops the eternal pimp
7/30/2010, 02:32 PM
NFL defenders were quick to understand that its unlikely one guy is not gonna bring him down and he is gonna go down slower than most backs... so a lot of defensive players have said that they started trying to strip the ball or hold on so that the 2nd guy coming in can knock it out as part of a plan to stop him...so its not that he all of a sudden developed a problem, its that defenses have adapted their gameplan on stopping him

Thats what I've heard from some NFL defensive players anyway

ouleaf
7/30/2010, 02:58 PM
He does tend to carry the ball in his right hand, even when running to the left. He would be better served if he could work more on carrying it in both hands.